WHAT IS A GOOD PROGRAM/SOFTWARE FOR MUSIC-MAKING

Pages: 1
Hey guys, I really need help with this one.

I gotta find a program that allows me to make music, nothing over the top, jst some simple tunes for the game I'm making. Just tell me what you use if you use any... and i dont have an Iphone, cuz theres probably an app for that.

If it's free, awesome. If not, still let me know. :)

I haven't been lazy, I searched google a few times and I have some ideas of what is out there. But I wonder what you would recommend to me.
I use DirectMusic producer since it makes MIDIs and pure WAVs. It's got so many features and even a music-composing AI somewhere in there. The only problem with it is that it's really hard to use. The good thing is that is can make .dls files which are custom instruments to be used for .mid files so you can play some great-sounding music on a much smaller file. It's got a really complicated synthesizer that lets you set up all your instruments and instrument samples too. It's free if you own a legal copy of Windows.

I'm sure there's something probably better, but I don't think it would be free. You're more likely to find a program easier to use than this one but not really better.
Yeah, I have been working with that one for a little bit already. But, like you said, its difficult to use.
I guess ill keep using it; jst wondering whats out there. Thanks, though, for your reply.
If you want I could help you use it.
I'd rly appreciate that!
How's that gonna work, though?
There's Rhapsody MIDI maker, there's also FL Studio (I heard it's the easiest? but idk) then there's Reason, Finale Allegro and Cubase. You can also try grabbing Pianotech(I think that's the spelling?) too

I found Allegro easier because it's pretty straight forward music sheet style. I tried FL and Rhapsody but not my type XD But yeah.
I've tried using OpenMPT (which makes tracker files but not MIDIs, so it's a little bit different of a workflow - but I think you can export your files into WAV) and "Linux MultiMedia Studio" (which is also available for Windows, despite its name). Both of them felt like they had decent interfaces, and supposedly LMMS is similar to FL Studio in its UI. I haven't used FL Studio, though, so I can't really verify that.
thnks guys,
I'll look into those
FL studio looks great!
I use Anvil Studio to create my songs in midi and then use a program called MuseScore to mix and render the midi into a "professional sounding" .ogg file. If your game engine can't play .ogg or .mp3 files, it could still just save it as raw midi.

MuseScore can also directly create midi's but its way harder than Anvil Studio which is the easiest since it has a very "kindergarten" like approach by telling you the notes you are inputting on a visible keyboard. I like this setup a lot!
I've used both LMMS and FL Studio extensively now, and LMMS sucks balls (you get what you pay for!). FL Studio is the way to go.
Noteworthy Composer is an extremely easy-to-use MIDI creator.
It's as easy as pressing enter to put notes onto a musical score.

The newer versions may limit file conversions, but the older versions are pretty much free.
I highly recommend it.
Pages: 1