TREASURE OF THE RUDRAS

I was being facetious (it's what I do)
I don't understand jokes or know any jokes or have any friends that tell me jokes or have any friends.
author=Jericho
I don't understand jokes or know any jokes or have any friends that tell me jokes or have any friends.

"i understand how you feel i was in the same place once too"

/ruin
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=Deacon Batista
I didn't play it. Don't think it was available in Germany...

It was only release in Japan.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=kentona
I was being facetious (it's what I do)

did you know the word 'facetious' contains all the vowels in order
and sometimes y with facetiously, and sequoia is the shortest word with all 5 vowels
Craze
holy shit

also, guys

"gluttony" is written on the ceiling!
Craze
author=Craze
holy shit

also, guys

"gluttony" is written on the ceiling!

...gullible. "Gullible" is written on the ceiling, but I felt that I'd keep my typo there for posterity. Or something.
gluttony is written on the ceiling in chocolate
RUDRA
GREATUNI
POWERUP
WENBOLIS
MEGAMI
FATEMEGAMI
BLUEAQUAMEL
RUMEHATI
KILL
TRICK
ANIMUS
PHOENIX
STROM
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Craze
...gullible. "Gullible" is written on the ceiling, but I felt that I'd keep my typo there for posterity. Or something.

i'm a glutton for your posterior
I've never played this... Is there a particular emulator you'd recommend? I haven't emulated SNES games in a very, very long time. ZSNES was the primo emulator back then.
Craze
I use zSNES. Remember that zSNES auto-patches ips files, so just put the translation linked in the OP in the same folder as a Japanese rom of Rudras and it'll work. You need to rename the ips to be the exact same as the rom, though - I just renamed both "Treasure of the Rudras."

How many of you guys have actually played Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES?

If you haven't, here's why you should:
-you can find it on fantasy anime

-The game looks terrific; you know this from seeing all of the rips nobody fucking rips it (i prefer to keep it that way), but it looks even better in-game.

-The music is PRETTY FRACKIN SWEET

-The story is interesting - better than yours, that's for sure. The story takes place on a bunch of islands where people fight with dragons n shit. Everyone has no mouth and must scream.

-you can raise dragons

-its like fire emblem but better

-YOU CAN FUCKING RAISE DRAGONS

-It's challenging and fun with interesting bosses... i think i haven't played this game in forever.

Seriously, you guys don't rip the graphics (please don't ever). Play the game!
I have tried Bahamut Lagoon, and besides the graphics, I didn't think it was very good. I thought dragon raising was unpredictable and the battles were balanced poorly and too easy.
Wow...I'll have to take notice of Aeon Genesis. Even though I alone am translating Seraphic Blue, I may wanna learn one or two from this group, if I am to get in contact, that is. I may try to!

That said, I've heard great things about Treasures of the Rudra but have yet to even play it! Guess this shall be my next RPG to play then.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
rudra is one of my favorite games. it is really good. the story is pretty original and cool and the music by the underrated ryuji sasai is very good

bahamut lagoon is dear to my heart. it has a lot of complexity fantastic music by the underrated noriko matsueda and a melancholy story
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
author=Darken
Seriously, you guys don't rip the graphics (please don't ever). Play the game!
Too late, I already did.

Anyway, yeah, Bahamut Lagoon is really like one of the like 2 strategy RPGs I actually like to play. Dragon raising is nice, and I considered making a game using some of these ideas (but never actually got to it). Floating lands are nice, the music is great, and it has presenters. But blaaargh Yoyo, I never hated a girl character so much.

Unlike most people though I wasn't a fan of Rudra at all and I had to pretty much force myself to finish it. I did, but only by making (finding online) powerful 1 MP spells because I was tired of the game just a bit after the 1st boss (Shivaethan or whatever that robot is, that boss theme is cool though).
I remember nothing in the story except that you release butterflies which magically make everything better. Didn't like mantras either after the first 10 minutes. "Oh hey, you can make x a spell!", but the enjoyment wore off for me after that.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
the mantra system seems like a gimmick at first but when you realize there is this entire structure of core words, suffixies, and prefixes it becomes more like an interesting ability progression system. like you learn early on that 'aqu' is the keyword for water, then the 'na' suffix makes it target all enemies. later on you will see enemies using a spell like IGNATES and you think 'woah what is nates' and you attach it to your aqu and have a stronger aoe water ability. then later you learn to attach 'mega-' to the front so you now have MEGAIGNATES or the suffix 'nareem' which makes a barrier out of the elemental core word.

idk, it is just a different way of gradually gaining stronger spells in my mind and not really like HEH I CANMAKE A SPELL CALLED VAMPIREBLADE. personally i enjoyed the element of discovery and experimentation to learning abilities and would take it over 'learn fire 3 at level 26' any day. granted it is kind of cool that you can type in 'laser' and it makes a laser beam or 'lava' and it makes a fire attack.

not to spoil anything really but the story of rudra is kind of this mystery about how and why evolution is happening on the planet. the characters unravel these secrets while investigating a doomsday cult and various archaeological endeavors. it's pretty cool ^^