TREASURE OF THE RUDRAS

author=Jericho
but citan is not characterized as a dick.

Citan was pulling dickmoves for that entire segment of the game, man. Granted he pretty much had to, to get anything done (and it wasn't with any malicious intent), but Citan was definitely characterized as an easy going guy who was willing to get psychologically dickish to get something done.

He doesn't make a habit of it, though, no.

perhaps rudra would have made more sense to you in it's naturally, untainted by gaijin japanese script *nods, shoulders massive zweihander*

Maybe. I chalked some of it to the translation.
making people become cannibals does not help his undercover scheme.
granted that scene was pretty cool
author=Jericho
making people become cannibals does not help his undercover scheme.l

Like I said, they have already been eating that food for some time now. And it is later explained for them to be truly free of Solaris, psychologically, and literally (the Limiters), they would have to truly see and feel what they're doing, and why. Remember, Elly mentions that Citan purposefully took them the long way around through the labs and shit for that purpose.
wait, the main characters had been eating that stuff for years? When was it explained that the soylent green stuff was dispersed among the primal monkey people
plot twist: soylent green is not people
author=Jericho
wait, the main characters had been eating that stuff for years? When was it explained that the soylent green stuff was dispersed among the primal monkey people

Elly most definitely has; she's from Solaris. Given that besides importing food from the surface, that's the easiest shit for Solaris to get its hands on.

Here's from the game script;

Citan:Soylent System. The organism experiment lab and its disposal facility in Solaris. And
the production facility for food and medicine to maintain the Limiter seal.

Solaris ships food and medicine throughout the surface and has a grip on the surface economy through the Ethos. Perfect Works supports/elaborates on this as well. Literally everyone on the planet probably hasn't taken a bite, but definitely everyone in say, major cities, and anyone else living among modern civilization who doesn't farm literally every meal they eat has, somewhere down the line. Fei and friends included.
fei did not live in a modern city and i should not have to read some book to know that people on alter-earth do not hunt anything and just eat food made from people handed to them by technonazigermany, which by the way seems like it would run out after a while??? fuck this gay earth
author=Jericho
fei did not live in a modern city and i should not have to read some book to know that people on alter-earth do not hunt anything and just eat food made from people, which by the way seems like it would run out after a while??? fuck this gay earth

You don't HAVE to read Perfect Works to understand anything about the main plot; it's there for clarification/extra world or setting details/if you're a nerd like I am. I never said otherwise.

1. Fei didn't live in a major city, but he didn't spend all his time in Lahan either. Unless you want to assume he just didn't eat when he visited Dazil/Bledavik//Nisan/The Yggdrasil/Nortune/Thames/etc.

2. Who said that people in the Xenogears setting didn't hunt/farm? I'm just saying that in that setting, Solaris was able to distributed canned food/medicine easily among the populace was because most society is modernized. There are people who mostly hunt and farm (Lahan being the most obvious example) but Solaris isn't concerned about them.

3. How would it run out? Solaris kidnaps some people, they package them, people eat them, more people are born, Solaris kidnaps more people, etc etc. It's not like the Soylent system is all people eat, ever.
goku could beat silver-age superman
didnt they had all those fruit vendors and stuff in the desert town and iirc didn't the party make a big deal about never having seen this supply of food that would turn out to be people/said it tasted weird or something.
author=Jericho
didnt they had all those fruit vendors and stuff in the desert town and iirc didn't the party make a big deal about never having seen this supply of food that would turn out to be people/said it tasted weird or something.

Like I said

1. I never said, and it was never stated that nobody ever ate actual real food ever. It could easily be implied that Solaris just needs to slip a can a month to the average person to maintain the Limiter. Not to mention that it was in medicine too, which the Ethos controlled and shit. WHO'S TO SAY AQUASOLS YOU BOUGHT FROM THE THAMES AREN'T MADE FROM PEOPLE HEE HEE

2. The party never once stated "whoa, I've never seen food in cans before!" nor did they ever say it tasted weird.
but i never saw anyone eating any weird meat from cans before then. I'm supposed to just retroactively buy "oh yeah they were eating it all along!!" I don't think so game. this is not how a story is told your time is over
How can that not be inferred, though? Seriously? Do you need a montage of dinner table scenes or something to infer that the party at least occasionally ate meat from a can/took medicine? It's not retroactively hard to buy at all because people have to eat! Seeing food vendors and people farming radishes every now and then doesn't negate the fact that possibly, somewhere along the line, your party ate meat from a can.
i believe this is known as 'chekov's meat can' and xenogears failed to employ it spectacularly
Also there is no way to know that the meat was 'weird' until you know why. Why would anyone think the meat was 'weird' by default if they had no reason to believe so?

'BOY THIS MEAT IN A CAN THAT I SEE EVERY DAY AND IT'S NOT WEIRD TO IMAGINE THAT FOOD CAN IN FACT COME FROM CANS IN A WORLD OF FLYING BATTLESHIPS, GIANT ROBOTS, STEEL BUILDINGS, MODERN RADIO, AND COMPUTERS, SURE IS STRANGE'
idk i thought i remembered a line where someone said it was weird but maybe i am mixing sources
e:

ELLY
"I wonder... what kind of meat this is...?"

FEI
"Yuck... I don't want to see where they make it."

CITAN
"Wait, Fei."

CITAN
"You ate that food. Consider that fact when you open that door."

ELLY
"What about that canned food?"

FEI
"What is it...? What's supposed to be... there, exactly?"

CITAN
"See for yourselves."
You are. Also I think you are getting too wrapped around the fact that the food is canned.

EDIT: I didn't see your edited post hold on
elly didn't know what the meat was theory destroyed xenogears 0/10
Uh uh not so fast.

Keep in mind that it was stated that medicine was made from Soylent as well. And also it's not logical to assume that the only products of Soylent come in canned food all the time ever when Solaris has been doing this for some time now.
I wonder what kind of meat this is that everyone has been eating for years???!?