UH? DO YOU GUYS LISTEN TO MUSIC?

I've been wanting some new tunes for a new CD in the car. Thanks everyone!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
The newest My Chemical Romance CD. It's like a weird mix of Gorrilaz, Queen, and every awesome punk song I've ever loved. "Planetary (GO!)" and "Na Na Na" are fast-paced songs that make you want to kick ass and make sweet video games (or love).
LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!

My favorite band of all time, other than that my favorite artists would be

Tool
Eminem
The Beatles
Anything Classic Rock . . .
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kentona, the best car music is obviously Aqua.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Craze

and if you have spare room on your aqua mix cd, it's always a good idea to throw a little Bear Force One in there.

anyway, here's the actual musical contribution i was going to make to the thread. remind anyone else of the soundtracks/theme tunes from the sonic adventure games?
it makes me want to run for my life from killer whales i'll tell you what
author=YDS
samuel jackson five

those guys are pretty sweet, but I constantly seem to confuse them with my dad vs. yours (possibly because they sound a bit similar... or wait) otherwise, I'd recommend caspian and possibly slint for a somewhat similar... feeling

author=Craze

agree
basically ive no idea how to id genres or what qualifies sounds as belonging to a certain genre but according to wikipedia i enjoy "classical" and "electronic music" and "alternative rock" and and other made up combinations of words

i think i like songs with interesting/unusual harmonic progressions and novel melodies though im pretty sure i dont know what i like since most of my fav. songs are pretty mundane

this is my all time favorite song

this is my other all time favorite song

does anyone like billy joel i really really like a few of his songs but pretty much hate the rest tbh

same goes for muse and the fray

i also listen to a shitload of v gaem tracks but thats kind of cross-genre blah blah blah
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=kentona
I've been wanting some new tunes for a new CD in the car. Thanks everyone!
Get a cassette tape with only this song on it:
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Dudesoft
Isaac Hayes
++respect.

I realised I forgot about The Stranglers. Not really sure if they fit under a certain musical style (post-punk maybe?), but they often utilise keyboards that sound like something straight out of a really old video game which is quite cool.

(^I love singing along to both of these, heh.)

Also they made Golden Brown as well as a track called No More Heroes.
tank is a fantastic song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXCRCL0EMV8

also peter cook <3
tardis
i realize 'guis pink floyd is legend' is pretty old news for just about everyone, but stick with me on this one.
a couple of hours ago, i pulled into my driveway after driving home from the single greatest rock concert i have ever experienced. i saw Roger Waters on tour, playing Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in its entirety. the concert blew my mind as hard as it did because of the sheer scale of the execution and the exemplary presentation. the tour visuals weren't there to look pretty behind the band- they helped tell the story of the music (in this case a concept album) and greatly increased the audience's immersion.

since the album is The Wall, and the concept of a brick wall is used as a central theme/catalyst for commentary on various emotions/social situations/politics/etc, they build a fucking 30 foot wall onstage. they build the wall brick by giant brick in real time over the course of the first half of the show, and right before the break, the final brick is put into place, completely obscuring the band from view. in some pretty cool interviews about the tour, Roger Waters mentions this touches not only on the separations of rich/poor, powerful/weak, etc, but also on his own percieved separation from his audience in a standard rock show setting. very theatrical, and i think it's pulled of beautifully.

here are some images to illustrate exactly what i saw:

i didn't take these. wish i'd been sitting that close.

anyway, the point of all of this is i think the way we experience music is in many ways as important as the music itself. good music on its own will always carry weight, but presented and performed live in this fashion, it was so much more than i had ever imagined The Wall could be. considering this is an album i have absolutely loved since the first time i heard it.

tl;dr- more concerts should be like this. draw the audience into the world of the music rather than 'so these are some songs from our latest album guys'
this concert is of note because the visuals were stunning and perfectly executed in that they did the above, but never overshadowed the music itself.

Comfortably Numb was the highlight of the night. my favourite floyd song, and the one being played in the second photo in that hidetag up there.

ps-
guys this isn't the 'lol post youtube videos' thread- we already have one of those in moronic and it sucks.
we're not fully at the just-youtube-vids point, but less youtube videos and more actually talking about the music would be good. (not 'this is a good song {vid}'- why do you think it's a good song?)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Man I could've seen that at a couple months ago.
author=Yellow Magic
I realised I forgot about The Stranglers. Not really sure if they fit under a certain musical style (post-punk maybe?), but they often utilise keyboards that sound like something straight out of a really old video game which is quite cool.

The stranglers are awesome. The entire La Folie album is a masterpiece.

@tardis; I'd kill to see that concert.
i just discovered this song. it's pretty cool. in my opinion. cool song. the dread mummies on the space funeral page like to dance to it

I'm a big fan of The Offspring, I often listen to their old albums like "Ignition" or "Smash". Oh yeah, they used to be kickass back in the 90s.

If it's about videogame soundtracks, I just love Alexander Brandon's amazing pieces from "Unreal" and "Deus Ex". Music originating from demoscene is great too, just check out tunes composed by Necros in 90s.
Something a little different here.

if you're talking to me, then no I haven't.
tardis
if i have one great musical love in this world- both to play as a musician and to listen to in general- it is afro-jazz. specifically, stuff like Richard Bona. Richard Bona is quite possibly the single greatest bassist i have ever heard in any style of music. he sings in the native language of his hometown (which said language also shares its name with) Douala in Cameroon. his songs are written about a broad range of topics, spanning everything from conflict between African nations to life lessons and African sayings and stories. most recently, he's done some material in English, and has collabourated with everyone from John Legend to Bobby McFerrin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUjr_Ebc_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZygDl7vjwE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iimMKWF7SK0

i find Richard to be one of those artists who is just as good or better than their recorded works when performing live. his band is always tight, the energy is always there, and the musicianship is absolutely top-notch. also, as a drummer, i've picked up a lot of tricks listening to and watching the guys he plays with- namely, Omar Hakim.

anyway, here's some links to some of his best material. check it out, even if you don't think jazz is much your thing. you might be surprised with how catchy it is.