UH? DO YOU GUYS LISTEN TO MUSIC?

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

this is my favourite type of music in the whole world. the whole english-people-on-holiday-down-by-the-seaside vibe. i wish i could find my favourite version of this tune (as performed by Graham Dalby and the Gramophones) but it appears to not exist on the internet. after i run by the bank and put some money on my debit card, i'll be sending for a CD that the right version is on all the way from the UK. £19 and a month of waiting for it to slowly make its way through two countries' postal services? worth it.

good lord i'm pretentious
здорово it's the soviet union here just dropping in to say OPPRESSION

author=tardis
this is my favourite type of music in the whole world. the whole english-people-on-holiday-down-by-the-seaside vibe. i wish i could find my favourite version of this tune (as performed by Graham Dalby and the Gramophones) but it appears to not exist on the internet. after i run by the bank and put some money on my debit card, i'll be sending for a CD that the right version is on all the way from the UK. £19 and a month of waiting for it to slowly make its way through two countries' postal services? worth it.

good lord i'm pretentious

yeah i have been hella rocking the Singing Detective / Pennies From Heaven tv show soundtracks lately which are good sources for this kind of weirdly melancholy old 20s/30s pop music (theyre really good shows too! you should watch them if you like this stuff) and i like it a lot!

also here is an old favourite (complete with whistling solo! the best solo). i actually got the idea for biggles on mars listening to this song but could never find a good place to work it into the actual game :(

tardis
author=catmitts
yeah i have been hella rocking the Singing Detective / Pennies From Heaven tv show soundtracks lately which are good sources for this kind of weirdly melancholy old 20s/30s pop music (theyre really good shows too! you should watch them if you like this stuff) and i like it a lot!

funny you mention those soundtracks, as the CD i spoke of ordering in my initial post is the soundtrack to the short-lived british period crime drama The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries. there's just something about diana rigg, 20s fashion, and music like this that just makes me... all a-flutter...~~~

fyi catmitts your post completely made my day thank you
ZOMG! Me too! Let's start a "The roaring twenties" protonostalgia club or something. x)
tardis
while we're at it let's get a little cole porter up in here, as performed by one of the better bands of the 20s.

speaking of protonostalgia, i get it pretty bad for the 50s as well. these are some 50s tunes.

any excuse to post stephane grappelli.
I do. I listen to Andrew W.K. nowadays.

Mashup of Kaskade/Deadmau3's I Remember with a track from the XX's. Not usually a fan of these, but I dig the ethereal vocals paired with the bass-heavy house beats.

My friend showed me this group a year or so ago--I totally forgot about their stuff until I rediscovered them recently. They're primarily Hip-Hop, but there's definitely a lot of down-tempo jazz influence.

Love themmm. This is one of the most relaxing, chill songs I've heard in a while.
I listen to a lot of music. But lately, these are the ones that have been going through my head.

i want to kill you all
Wow! I see some Saxon and Marty Friedman here =]
Is this just a place to post songs and whatnot, or is it supposed to be a discussion?
author=alfungo
Wow! I see some Saxon and Marty Friedman here =]
Is this just a place to post songs and whatnot, or is it supposed to be a discussion?

There is actually supposed to be some discussion going on; we already have a 'what are you listening to' thread, don't we? Anywho, I got into Pink Floyd when I worked at a restaurant a few years ago; one of the food workers, who was a wacked out hippie, got me into it along with the Doors and a bunch of other good shit. The Wall is a great album.

Pink Floyd - Animals, is one of my favorite albums of all time. I'm not really into all of their music, but I can(and have) listen to that album on repeat for hours.