UH? DO YOU GUYS LISTEN TO MUSIC?

author=alfungo
Wow! I see some Saxon and Marty Friedman here =]
Is this just a place to post songs and whatnot, or is it supposed to be a discussion?

a marty fan? im more into his old stuff (dragons kiss, cacophony era) but diggin his latest album heaps. kinda reminds me of rival schools/psychic force with heavy riffs. i assume you know of the great jason becker.

This is one truly underrated thrash metal band. If you're into popular bands like Kreator or Slayer, then Razor should be an epic listen.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Can we keep the single YT videos in this topic?

Anyway, a few bands I'm really into at the moment:

Most of you've probably heard of OFWGKTA by now (hint: Free Earl), but no one seems to care about their electronic side-project The Jet Age of Tomorrow. Which is depressing because it's really quite trippy and worth listening to.

As always their albums are free on the Odd Future website so there's no excuse for not checking them out. 8)

Ariel Pink is a dumb twat but I can't deny he made a really good album last year with *gasp* actual production values. Pitchfork named "Round and Round" their #1 song of 2010 which should be enough reason to avoid but I really like the Haunted Graffiti album so bla.

Finally Trans Am is a slightly futuristic (at least in the case of their aptly-named Futureworld album) post-rock band with some really intense drumming:

*jams*

I rarely see any posting or talking about extreme progressive metal.
so i posted this.

It is the solo project of Ihsahn of Emperor fame.
Emperor being a black metal band.

I started getting into this band about...15 minutes ago lol.
It is some incredible stuff.
author=Cosmic_Sea
I rarely see any posting or talking about extreme progressive metal.
so i posted this.

It is the solo project of Ihsahn of Emperor fame.
Emperor being a black metal band.

I started getting into this band about...15 minutes ago lol.
It is some incredible stuff.

prog metal ftw. the technical and musical proficiencies are mind blowing. making muscic thats difficult to play etc is one thing but having that as well as having a great sense of musicality is pure genius. the great thing about prog metal is you can imagine stories or scenarios in your head via a songs many mood changes, especially instrumentals
ever see a demure white woman lay it the fuck down to a crisp beat

I'm probably a little late to the party since I don't listen to the radio, read music magazines, or basically consume anything that provides insight into popular music... but I've been listening to Adele lately.

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'm currently listening to this on repeat. I was dancing around air guitaring to it before, so I think it's appropriate. Plus it's just so toe-tappingly awesome.

Yes, I only listen to video game music! Sue me! Most lyric music is distracting and isn't helpful when I'm trying to work!
How about some Spanish music.

Manolo GarcĂ­a is probably my favourite musician. His style could be described as a mix of pop rock and flamenco, I guess? (that's what his wikipedia article says, and who am I to question it? My ability to distinguish between musical genres is iffy at best... I mean, I can tell that Justin Bieber doesn't sing death metal, but don't expect me to pick up on anything subtler than that.)
Ark
Wario's-a number one!

All of your music is too mean! We should listen to happy loving songs!

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
These past few days I've been binging on classical music

I know it's technically not classical but
author=Eggbertx
These past few days I've been binging on classical music

haha.

IN THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING!

interesting to note, they did a cover of that Grieg tune, but...
it is not the video there lol.
These past few hours I've had this song stuck in my head
The Open Mind - Magic Potion

You have to watch this video and tell me its not a trip...

Sonic Youth - Shadow of a Doubt
She looks like New Blacks profile picture, Hey New Black same person?

Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon

I heard this of a radio show a while back

I think you saw the whole of the moon! how do you feel? lol

For whatever reason, since I became a brony a couple weeks ago, I've had a craving for David Bowie. I was raised on that stuff.

http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/13247/locker/YouRemindMeOfTheBabe.png
I'm more into religious, cultural, classical, and heavy musics than the mainstream techno-pop scene. It's so ubiquitous that I find very few songs I actually enjoy. Sure, I dance to them because they have a good beat, but do I enjoy the music as a whole? Not really. I find Kanye in particular really annoying.

My main style of music is stuff like Metallica or KoRn in sound. Bands like Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Demon Hunter, Red... I used to like Pillar, but their latest album... it didn't wow me.
My favourite classical composer is Mozart, though I do listen to a wide variety of others both modern and ancient.
I also enjoy traditional Celtic jigs and reels, traditional Japanese music, very select Indian tunes (most of them just annoy me).
Video game tunes and remixes are also welcome additions to my library.
And select hip-hop, the pop songs I do find I like, and little indie bands I discover, like The Product, who I found in college. They're not playing together anymore, but I do have their one CD.