IN THIS EDITION OF LT: 2K3 SUCKS

Pages: first 12 next last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Not work safe; if you're Christian, just a heads up: I use the messiah's name in vain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMVoyE1t2Ms

None of it is directed at Kentona, but at 2k3 itself. :(
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
lol calm down....already said it. Yeah, I properly had that happened to me too.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Lol, yeah. I wasn't gonna post any of the outtakes, but they show me going insane -- something very atypical. And none of them bash Kentona or his design choices, so it's all good.
About the lag, I do know that whenev I try to record a video when playing a game, there is always a slight lag. It's the same with the others, too.

But active definitely sucks though. I never use it.
I've always locked the system into wait because there's an even worse error. What happens is that in active, you can somehow select an enemy that just died and it freezes the game. It only happens rarely but it's annoying when it does.
author=WolfCoder
I've always locked the system into wait because there's an even worse error. What happens is that in active, you can somehow select an enemy that just died and it freezes the game. It only happens rarely but it's annoying when it does.

(always played on wait because 2k3 active is a giant peice of shit before game crashing bugs)
(always played on wait because 2k3 active is a giant peice of shit before game crashing bugs)
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
I guess this is why Enterbrain took all the good parts from RM2K3 (ie: almost everything but the ATB DBS) and produced RM2K Value, then proceeded to take RM2K3 off the shelves.
I personally think the ATB side view system was the only good thing I've ever wanted in any of the RPG Makers, it's a shame it was very buggy. I could care less about everything else in the RPG Maker series. This is kind of what motivated me to start work on fixing all this junk.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
hahahahahahaha
Seriously. I used to LOVE rm2k3's DBS. '-'
But I ragequitted so many games due to bugs, that I don't want to ever see the RM2K3 DBS, ever. In fact, Message command / option command CBSes are less buggy, much more fun and cool. Or 2k's DBS, it allows for greater story customization, it's better. IMHO.

Well, someday, The demigods wich fight aganist RPGMaker's God, Enterbrain, will be able to create a paradise for RPGmaker users. Ok, I just daydreamed absurdely, now. xD

(sowwy for my p00r engwish.)
Hopefully by the time WolfCoder is finished with it, RM2K3 can be a force to be reckoned with?
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Looks like somebody doesn't know never to play 2k3 battles on active mode
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Feldschlacht IV
Hopefully by the time WolfCoder is finished with it, RM2K3 can be a force to be reckoned with?

Relatively speaking.
I never really liked active mode in commercial games either because I hate being attacked while I have to scroll to the spell/item I want. I already know what I want to do but this isn't like WoW where you can just press a number key or macro to use what you need.

I'd actually love a glorified CTB because it would be turned based, but speed would actually go from "who goes first" to "I get to attack four times to your one since you're tooo sloooooowww~"

author=kentona
Given enough time, all discussionsâ€"regardless of topic or scopeâ€"inevitably end up being about Rm2k3's agility.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=WolfCoder
I'd actually love a glorified CTB because it would be turned based, but speed would actually go from "who goes first" to "I get to attack four times to your one since speed is the only stat worth building"

CTB built on action speed, not character speed > *
I'm going to be honest with you, I don't even know what CTB stands for. All I know is it the game immediately speeds up to the next person taking their action and you can see the progress for everyone else in CTB bars.

Having some skills also take X amount of time would be interesting though.
author=kentona
Given enough time, all discussionsâ€"regardless of topic or scopeâ€"inevitably end up being about Rm2k3's agility.

Kentona's Law in action. I didn't know Enterbrain pulled RM2k3 when they made RM2k VALUE.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
They sold RM2K3 for a while alongside RM2K Value which came (if my memory serves) only a couple months after RM2K3's debut. I only saw recently that RM2K3 had been pulled from the shelves.
Pages: first 12 next last