MASS EFFECT 3 TEASER.

Pages: first 12 next last
I don't know how many of you guys are Mass Effect fans, but it's one of my favorite series of all time, with emphasis on the second one. Well, the teaser for ME3 was just unveiled today, and I couldn't be more excited.

Now I won't be able to sleep at night tossing and turning anticipating for the conclusion of one of the most gripping scenarios in modern gaming. Maybe not to that degree, but the ME universe is absolutely stunning in its detail, presentation, and attention.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-mass-effect/708362

The only flaw is that, being the third (and final) installment of an overarching narrative, that trailer doesn't mean much for a nonfan (and even worse, may look like generic 'alien attack' type shit), but for fans and those familiar with the story, it gets me excited that the series is coming along. Let's hope that ME3 is as a gripping and an improvement as the second one.
I still haven't played the second. (Stupid Red Ring). Come Christmas I'll probably pick up number 2, and I am definitely psyched for a third!
I absolutely adore the first and second one. I'm definitely awaiting the third one. Sort of makes me want to play through the second again.
i'd really like overheating and actual loot to come back

doubt they're going to do that though

but hey, ME2 was a pretty huge improvement and if they improve ME3 even half as much it will be a sick-nasty game

p.s. they better not pull any bullshit where i can't use my surviving characters from ME2 (mostly just Thane though)
I have to wait a year? How many orphans must I murder to make time go quicker?
Well it certainly looks cool. Who's the voice actor he sounds familiar or he might just be... you know... imitating someone that sounds familiar. (the character model also looks familiar. But I can't place him...)

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 at the moment. I wonder how it'll carry over. I also wonder what kind of stupidity they'll throw in there this time. But I'm happy as long as I get to throw obnoxious people off a two hundred story building.

(And kill that damn illusive man. Damn that guy just needs to go... And I'll be honest. I'll let Earth's atmosphere burn if it means Udina dies)

Honestly, the thing that gets me most excited is this

As with Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3 will allow the player to import their save file from the previous game, carrying over their decisions from both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, totaling over 1000 variables.
The player's choices in the previous games are expected to have a much more significant impact on the plot than the choices in Mass Effect had on Mass Effect 2. As Mass Effect 3 is the end of the planned trilogy, the developers are not constrained by the necessity of allowing the story to diverge, yet also continue into the next chapter. This will result in a story that diverges into wildly different conclusions based on the player's actions in the first two chapters.

This has always been one of the biggest selling points in the series for me, and watching the epic that I personally built climax and conclude is going to be the most baller shit ever.

I played through Mass Effect 2 three times. I'll gladly do the same for Mass Effect 3, just to see how all my different decisions pan out. I love the series. Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I loved Mass Effect and am currently playing through Mass Effect 2. I look forward to this epic conclusion and the teaser trailer really got me pumped.

MASS EFFECT 3: FINISH THE FIGHT.

It would appear Earth always gets invaded in the 3rd game in space marine trilogies...
I'm a ME fan, but the trailer didn't really get me pumped. It didn't show much at all. I'm still excited to see something though.

Also, I hope they let you know which playthrough you're importing BEFORE you import...
Like most people, I've played through and beaten the game multiple times, changing my decisions each time but I wanted to have one 'main' playthrough. It was hard to tell which playthrough that was because they'd only show you your carried-over decisions AFTER you go through the long cutscene/loading screen.

PS.
Skipp-able cutscenes plx! Why make a game that is meant to be played multiple times without the option to skip all cutscenes?
author=cho
i'd really like overheating and actual loot to come back

ME1 is possibly my favorite game of this console generation. I was resentful of a lot of the changes (see above) in ME2 but it was another great game overall.

The trailer didn't exactly get me pumped either, but I'm intrigued by the premise of Earth finally showing up as a setting. IIRC based on the in-game info it's just a crappy shell of a planet that most people don't care much about anymore after joining the rest of the universe in spaaaace.
IIRC based on the in-game info it's just a crappy shell of a planet that most people don't care much about anymore after joining the rest of the universe in spaaaace.

Why does everyone say this? This ire isn't aimed at you; but I just had this conversation just yesterday about how everyone assumes ME Earth is a Crapsack World, when the in game Codex flat out says that the Earth is entering a new Golden Age because of the new benefits of the resources and freed up space from the discovery of the Mass Effect relays.
author=Feldschlacht IV
This has always been one of the biggest selling points in the series for me, and watching the epic that I personally built climax and conclude is going to be the most baller shit ever.
this bit was kind of lost on me in ME2 because i didn't care about ME1 enough to finish it so i just used character data i found on some ME saves website to import

but i have a feeling i'll be a lot more into it this time around since i actually, y'know, finished ME2

for real though i better be able to still use Thane

edit: i want an option to make the fucking codex tab in the menu stop blinking without having to open up every single entry
author=Feldschlacht IV
IIRC based on the in-game info it's just a crappy shell of a planet that most people don't care much about anymore after joining the rest of the universe in spaaaace.
Why does everyone say this? This ire isn't aimed at you; but I just had this conversation just yesterday about how everyone assumes ME Earth is a Crapsack World, when the in game Codex flat out says that the Earth is entering a new Golden Age because of the new benefits of the resources and freed up space from the discovery of the Mass Effect relays.

My bad, you're right. I guess my memory of the Codex info was a little fuzzy, or selective since it seems I was recalling this part:

Less fortunate regions have not progressed beyond 20th century technology, and are often smog-choked, overpopulated slums.

Sea levels have risen two meters in the last 200 years, and violent weather is common due to environmental damage inflicted during the late 21st century.

eh, nothing technology can't solve, just get some solarian scientists up in there

author=cho
edit: i want an option to make the fucking codex tab in the menu stop blinking without having to open up every single entry

b-but that's part of the MExperience
author=cho

There's a "Mark all as read" button.

I for one wish there was some way to get the voiceovercodex entries to play while walking around. I don't want to sit in the codex entry looking at text that is being read to me when I could be walking around getting to someone I should talk to while getting nice fluff text read to me.

I also. Really. Really. Really hope they don't hardcode the tutorial messages. That's one of those minor niggles I hate a lot in games. I'm left-handed so I remap all keys. I don't want tutorials to tell me to press W to walk forward when W does nothing in my configuration.
author=Shinan
author=cho
There's a "Mark all as read" button.
does that affect all future codex entries or just the ones you have? because if it doesn't affect future entries then i still get to open up my menu and hit the button every time NEW ENTRY pops up (which is every 2 seconds basically) if i want to stop the blinking

granted, i could just deal with it like i did in ME2, but it's really annoying
On the other hand how often do you really go into the menu? I almost only go there when I save and then I notice a lot of blinking all over the thing (squad, journal and codex are usually perpetually blinking for me)
I'm restarting a playthrough (with all of the DLC) of ME2 myself. I forgot how amazing and enthralling this game is.
Like Star Trek, they realized the biggest threats are those that come to Earth.
Pages: first 12 next last