MAKING MOCKUPS OF YOUR GAME

Pages: first 123 next last
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
So I've been told that most of my graphics are bright and cheery, and that I need more variety. This was mainly due to that I mostly make graphics for my own games, which are bright and cheery. Or I've worked for some other games where I generally had to also do a bright and cheery style. But regardless, variety would be a good thing and I could use the practice!

You can post a screenshot of your game, and I'll try to make my own interpretation mockup of it. It can be a menu system too if you'd like or battle perhaps. If possible try to say a little bit about your screen so I don't just see a screen with Rudra sprites and background and wonder what you were going for, setting/character wise.

I think I'm gonna limit myself to 12 screens, so one per person. I would like to use these for portfolio/practice purposes but I will state where the screen came from and link to the game. Just don't rush me, I have other things to do as well! They will be 320x240 likely. I hope to see some interesting screens, so I'd like to see what comes of it!

Completed list:
-Joseph Seraph
http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf7oy0.png

Ocean version

-Dudesoft

Ocean version

-ChaosProductions

Ocean version

-Fallen-Griever

To do List:
-Narcodis
-Feldschlacht IV
-Lennon
-Ginseng_Tea
-Jude
-Kentona
-Clest
-Tardis
http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf7oy0.png
>_<
This is just Ciel trying to leave the room while the Tutorial Lady says some random thing to stop him from leaving the room. (The dialogue has already been changed - she now scares him by making he think there's a dead girl doll on the other side of the room.)

Actually what's on the other side of the door is the testing dungeon, as of now. (Where I'm developing the CBS, the first thing I do in any game... >_>:)

I guess this is the opposite of bright and cheery... I'd love to see how would this translate in your interpretation! I love your stuff, so, it'd be an honor to me. *-*
Also, any problems with messages? D:
If you want I can post a messageless screen.

Thankyee! =D
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
No problem with messages, I'll try those out too. The only real thing I'd avoid is big panoramas or big/really complicated enemies, stuff like that.

Thanks for providing the screen!
No problem! Hey... Just.... Pretend you didn't see that tile at the left upper corner. xD
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Foreground is black, background is grey, middle ground is white with black outlines.
It's just a guy going through a hilly forest.

Should be easy for you!
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Oh, sidescrolling, yeah I'll do that! Added.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
For shits and grins I'm to be a prick and add the following screen to your que:

The monsters are merely passerby going about their business.

Ascending the Fire Maw volcano, on your way to defeat the evil wizard Murzhor. You fight a red dragon at the peak of the volcano.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
rawr, they are added! I think I'll start working on them on Friday or Saturday perhaps, I will see!

Using climbing gloves to climb a wall in order to reach an otherwise inaccessible area! The hero is within a cavern that serves as the basement of a huge tower.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Fallen-Griever
I don't really get what's going on

yeah ^ this

what exactly is it you're doing?
This should be cool. This scene here is an excavation of recently discovered ancient ruins by a survey team. This is a groundbreaking moment in the setting of my game that set the pace for years to come. The particular object they're pulling out is important as well.

You don't have to do the text or anything if you don't want.

author=tardis
author=Fallen-Griever
yeah ^ this

As far as I know he's 'reinterpreting' screenshots of our games with his own artistic flair and style.

You are just walking around in a study.

Zeon Story 3 characters (AND ALEX!) in a game that otherwise does not exist.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
author=tardis
author=Fallen-Griever
yeah ^ this

Well, I wanted some pixel practice in stuff that wasn't just my games, so I figured it might be an interesting idea to make a pixel mockup from other peoples games. I wanted some variety in my works since people tell me I do a lot of cheerful happy stuff. I'm not trying to outdo anyone or anything, I just want to experiment a bit.

@Ginseng_Tea: I'm gonna have to refuse that. If you can get a screen with less characters, or if you're fine with me only making 2 characters from that, I'll do it. Otherwise no.
I'm perfectly peachy with you doing whatever you want.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
You'll need loads of time to do a mock-up for all of those screens. I'll be looking forward to it though!
I'll just use a screenshot from my game page since that's easy. Just a battle. 16-bitify it or something.

Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Ah alright, I'll do that then. I just didn't want to do all the tons of characters there. Added to the list.

And I guess that closes it! Yeah, give me plenty of time for this, I'll need it! I want to do a good job of it. Feel free to give me critiques on them once I start uploading them.
Pages: first 123 next last