THANKS RPGMAKER . NET FOR PROVIDING GAME HOSTING FOR THE MASSES

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
We should delete all joke games and any using rtp.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
theroom4lyfe
author=undefined
goodbye heroes realm :'(
author=undefined

And rips. This place would be damn near empty. :p
Just to make sure: Generally, how long does it take for a project to be accepted to the site?And what are the prerequisites?Hmm...

Also,
author=undefined
author=undefined
goodbye ... :'(
...Diabocide / Demon Tower. ;-;
Do the people in charge of it have to at least try the game for a little?
author=undefined
Do the people in charge of it have to at least try the game for a little?
no. most games don't even have downloads when they are submitted.

RIP hero's realm.
author=undefined

Oh shit! Well it's been nice knowing you guys.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=undefined

RTP used beautifully is a work of art.

Besides, Alex would be sad if we did that. We don't want to make Alex sad, do we? (っ´ω`)っ
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
maybe we shouldn't start denying things based on rips/rtp, but we should establish significantly higher standards for what we do accept. q:
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=undefined
maybe we shouldn't start denying things based on rips/rtp, but we should establish significantly higher standards for what we do accept. q:
Agreed.

Legendary Legend makes me a tad sick every time I log in.
author=undefined
author=undefined
Agreed.

Legendary Legend makes me a tad sick every time I log in.
really, because it makes me chuckle when i see it.
I really don't want this to be another LL discussion, but I will say that LL isn't badly made or anything, only that it appeals to a certain audience. I agree that we should up our standards though, since it really bothers me when I see these first game type projects pop up from time to time.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=undefined
I will say that LL isn't badly made

have you played it. i did. it was awful. i wrote about it. stuff.
ugh...legendary legend....this world is so complicated and terrible...
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=undefined
<Kyrsty> my dad overwrote my FF8 file. I cried for days and dedicated a Linkin Park song to my loss.

You guys suck. I was 8!! *shakes her fist*. loljksIdon'tcare

Anyway, if we were to delete all those games, the site would not only become empty but we would lose a lot of members. If we're raising our standards, we're not leaving room for newcomers to enter the fray. I mean, yes, games like Lost Legacy game probably shouldn't have been accepted in the first place, but if we judge from the fact the games use RTP (which is a PERFECTLY VIABLE MEDIUM TO MAKE GAMES WITH) or rips (which does take effort and a number of games that use rips use them well).

Joke games, however...we should probably look into moderating them. There's a number going around and it can be quite frustrating when games like Chrono Trigger get more attention than other games.
Filter out all of the illegal games. Thankfully, the RTP is licensed if you bought a valid edition of RPGMaker, or it may even be public domain.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=undefined
Filter out all of the illegal games. Thankfully, the RTP is licensed if you bought a valid edition of RPGMaker, or it may even be public domain.

The older RTPs are abandonware; I believe the XP RTP has a license and that the VX RTP is public. You might want a second opinion on it.