NEED A WRITER?

Pages: first 123 next last
Hey, you folks at RMN. I couldn't think of where else to put this, but here goes nothing.

Having recently been inspired by a total of 12 minutes of Extra Credits videos, I've decided to put myself forward as a Games Writer. If you're a budding developer in need of a script, or anything like that, you can contact me through the messages or at my email (Green_Mach@hotmail.co.uk). I can't claim to be the best writer out there, nor can I claim to be the best Games Writer, either.

Here's a little resumé, of sorts:

-9 Years of Creative Writing experience, in a variety of genres. This ranges from Romance to Horror, from Urban Fantasy to Swords 'n' Sorcery.
-Avid gamer, which I suppose is a given.
-Decent qualifications. I'm studying English Literature and Language at A-Level, have a B/A at GCSE, and have a B in my English Lit/Lang AS.
-Plenty of free time. I'm online most days.
-My novel, The Coven, is currently ranked 509/4000+ novels on Authonomy, to give you a little idea of the skill I have.
-Able to work with anyone and everyone, provided you're willing to work with me.
-I'm FREE! No charges, no royalties, no nothing. I work for the pleasure alone, right now.

So, if you're interested in my services, drop me a line.

D. A. Darlington/Chaosbahamut123

CURRENT STATUS: Closed
CURRENT SLOTS FREE: ZERO
CURRENT PROJECTS:
1) Journey, with Nukei
2) Dragon Fantasy: Venaitura II, with Ephiam
3) Breath of Fire Rebirth, with Lusty

SERVICES AVAILABLE:
1) Proof-reading dialogue, flavour text, etc. Whilst I do not own a copy of RMVX, sending me scripts and tables for items or other such things will allow me to proof-read them for any errors, grammatical or otherwise.

2) Writing dialogue/flavour text, etc. This is where you are developing a game, and need scripts and item descriptions. I can provide these, especially on long-term productions. Just give me an inkling to character concepts, the general direction for the game, and I can get walkin'.

3) Plot development. If you have an engine and mechanics you want to make into a full-fledged game, I will happily discuss and develop ideas for you. This can then key into the above two services.

4) If you already have a plot, and a direction, I can work on the extras. Perhaps little side-quests, or the gritty bits at certain points. Essentially working out the kinks and adding new quirks to your narrative.

I'll add more as I develop and think of them, but generally, I do this for a love of writing, and as the guys over at Extra Credit say, for a love of video games as a medium for artistic expression. Unless things /really/ take off, and I meet a whole heap of success, my services will remain free and available to all members of RMN.
Moved to Help & Requests.
author=kentona
Moved to Help & Requests.

Ah, thanks. I figured I was posting in the wrong topic, so apologies for that.
I actually do need a writer. I have a synopsis and outline and all that but I'd really need someone to go down and gritty with actual dialogue.

It would be for this game.
author=Shinan
I actually do need a writer. I have a synopsis and outline and all that but I'd really need someone to go down and gritty with actual dialogue.

It would be for this game.

Certainly! I'd love to help out.
I too could use a writer! It would be for this game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1939/

If you'd like to help out, send me a PM :)
I'm not at the point of writing yet, but I will need help once I get there. I'm not going to have a huge main story but there will be lots of sub-quest's and NPC's that need dialogue and backstories. Could be months away so I'll just put this bug in your brain :P

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2322/

Don't commit to too many projects though or things could get overwhelming. And I would suggest checking out the user your going to help. There's a lot of...sub-par games out there with creators who might drag you down with them. So far the responders are good guys tho!

It's good to see people like yourself offering their services, good writing is something many games here would benefit greatly from.
Thanks, Link! For the moment, the three games I'm working on will be the only games I'm working on. So, when you need a writer, give me a buzz and I'll see if I'm free.
Cool :)

You should update your first post, just so people know when you are/aren't looking for new projects.
As a quick thing, here's a little list of the services I can provide:

1) Proof-reading dialogue, flavour text, etc. Whilst I do not own a copy of RMVX, sending me scripts and tables for items or other such things will allow me to proof-read them for any errors, grammatical or otherwise.

2) Writing dialogue/flavour text, etc. This is where you are developing a game, and need scripts and item descriptions. I can provide these, especially on long-term productions. Just give me an inkling to character concepts, the general direction for the game, and i can get walkin'.

3) Plot development. If you have an engine and mechanics you want to make into a full-fledged game, I will happily discuss and develop ideas for you. This can then key into the above two services.

4) If you already have a plot, and a direction, I can work on the extras. Perhaps little side-quests, or the gritty bits at certain points. Essentially working out the kinks and adding new quirks to your narrative.

I'll add more as I develop and think of them, but generally, I do this for a love of writing, and as the guys over at Extra Credit say, for a love of video games as a medium for artistic expression. Unless things /really/ take off, and I meet a whole heap of success, my services will remain free and available to all members of RMN.

Although, occasionally, I may ask for a piece of artwork. This will NEVER be a condition for my services. Just a little favour.

'Kay guys? When I'm open again, I'll post. If there's anything else you can suggest, for possible future services, post them up here and I'll take a look.
Quick announcement. To all people I'm presently working with, my new email in MangaDan@live.co.uk.
Hey, guys. For the three people I have agreed to work with, could please let me know what I am doing and when you need me to do it. Being stuck in limbo isn't pleasant, so get ahold of me via this thread, private message, or e-mail (you can find it on my profile, for those who don't know it).

If I do not get a reply within the week, I will presume that I'm no longer needed and free up your slot.

Thanks in advance,
Chaosbahamut.
hello. please flesh out the following outline

1. man finds sword that can talk
2. gets recruited into ghost military
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6 ???
7. defeats mecha empire.

much obliged
^that's just a joke account

Your not expecting something from me are you? I sent you message about my game already.
Nah, I'm not. Just the three I've agreed to work with at this moment in time. They're narcodis, Archeia Nessiah, and Shinan.
Update: Here are the slots, as they stand right now.

1) Empty
2) The Looming Spire, with Narcodis (Will be cleared Friday if no response is received.)
3) Night of Marian, with Archeia Nessiah (Will be cleared Friday if no response is received.)

I'm therefore open once more for requests.
Another slot update; Two free slots are going, for any people in need of a writer!
do you have any sample text one could read?
Sample text? Sure! What're you after? Any specific genre, scene type, etc?
Pages: first 123 next last