FREE ALTERNATIVES TO RPG MAKER

Pages: first prev 123 next last
You could try a PAID alternative to rpg maker
or something
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Fine, if you can give me alternative RPG Maker for 10 PLN (Polish Zloty, appr. 1/3 of USD), which is ammount of money that I have after buying food, paying bills, etc. then show me your gear.

Otherwise, just shut up, ok?
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
you could try not being poor.
I understand that not everyone is financially secure in this world. However, paying for a program will probably be your best route. You get what you pay for and if you don't pay for anything, what you receive isn't much better or something like that.
author=Carvonica
I understand that not everyone is financially secure in this world. However, paying for a program will probably be your best route. You get what you pay for and if you don't pay for anything, what you receive isn't much better or something like that.

Yes, and after all, RPG Maker ISN'T FREE in the first place. (no, RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 aren't free in the first place.)

And besides, rave, stinkfeet is only suggesting a paid alternative. Not like you have to follow his advice or anything. You don't have to be so sensitive and rude and ask him to shut up -.-
Rave
Sorry, I am really sorry. I had *very* bad day when I wrote this post and now I regret. I bet you would be pissed off too if you would be called to talk about new job, third time in week and, as usual, heard "We contact you, erm... later".

And I know that RM isn't free (besides xp and vx have hard time with wine, abstinents maybe? ;) and 2k3 limitations sometime drive me to the edge), so I looking for solution which is free also for commercial use (but this isn't necessary), compatible with wine (of course better would be if there was linux native version but as I said, I am realist - the only good game maker for Linux is Stencyl and it has slightly different target than RM), easy to use and free (may be closed-source, but of course if there is such tool with GPL, then...)
You could try a PAID alternative to rpg maker or something

Is there one worth buying?
Rave
Except Emptybrain's? I don't think so.
Wait, people buy enterbrains products?
author=WolfCoder
You could try a PAID alternative to rpg maker or something
Is there one worth buying?

not really

author=mrstinkyfeet
You could try a PAID alternative to rpg maker
or something

this was supposed to be a joke post but I love that people are actually considering it
author=Rave2010
Except Emptybrain's? I don't think so.

I don't know what kind of marketing genius it takes to overprice something a bunch of random sgraggly hackers could do better for free, and get away with it.
Doesn't take much marketing work once a couple good games that make it obvious what they were created with get out there.

Rave
So anyone know anything? I found one that might be good for me, but it's in Japanese and I can't use it. it's called WolfRPG Editor (but I don't think that WolfCoder have something to do with that). If someone can read Japanese, maybe she/he could translate it via ResHack?

http://www.silversecond.com/WolfRPGEditor/
Rave
Yeah, it'll translate SITE, but not program itself ;).
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
Also, the older versions (RPG Maker 98, 2000, 2003) can be found for free on this site: http://2drpg.com/.
Why would you... dig up this 2 year-old thread ? :O
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Diggy Diggy Hole.
you should definetley try rpg maker
Pages: first prev 123 next last