GAME PLAN FOR 2011

Pages: first 123 next last
I think we had a topic like this last year, and I liked it so here it is again: What is your plan for 2011 for game development and/discussion? Any games you plan on finishing? Or starting? Or abandoning? What about playing games and writing reviews or doing LTs/LPs?

In early 2011, I hope to wrap up Mario vs. The Moon Base with GRS, Solitayre and Hexatona. I also still have plans on finally working on and finishing Generica: The Next Generation. I want to do something with Trials & Tribulations, but I haven't decided what yet. Also, Link_2112 approached me about making a 2D Zelda game in SMBX, which sounds fun.

Site-wise, I plan on investing time into figuring out how the site code works and fixing any bugs. My big plans include a minor-redesign of the frontpage layout, some tweaks to the games listing and some tweaks to the gameprofiles. Long term plans are a little hazy, but one thing I'd like to try to implement are mediaprofiles (to replace the stagnant Podcasts section, and to give a place for people to host LTs and LPs, or custom music/resources for games).

What about you?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I'm going to hopefully be finishing a complete and utter remake/revision (heh) of Visions & Voices with Karsuman. We plan on having a battle demo out in a week or so! I'd also like to do a guild-based game sometime, like Etrian Odyssey, but who knows.
I plan on finishing the Looming Spire this year. More and more every day I'm realizing how much I didn't have planned for this game, but now everything is being fleshed out in the form of dozens of .txt files, and soon it's going to be a wave of mapping and eventing before it's done.

Hopefully I can find some decent graphic resources, but it might come down to creating (gasp) custom chipsets. Aye!
author=Craze
I'm going to hopefully be finishing a complete and utter remake/revision (heh) of Visions & Voices with Karsuman. We plan on having a battle demo out in a week or so! I'd also like to do a guild-based game sometime, like Etrian Odyssey, but who knows.

I still agree with whoever it was on IRC (I think maybe kentona) who said you should name this Sights and Sounds.
I said he should just make a new game called Sights & Sounds and leave V&V be.
oh

well then

carry on

(In all seriousness I don't have too much planned right now. I have one idea bouncing around that's semi-serious and one that is most definitely not serious and will probably be made under some non-GL name.)
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
I am planning to finish my first game, Legacy of the Guilds, before May 2011 ends! :)

and then perhaps try my luck at a Dungeon Crawler with more scripting customization.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I have to finish Tales from Zilmurik I: Origin by the end of January so that I can start working on Tales from Zilmurik II: Salvation's Aftermath. I probably won't end up finishing that game by the end of 2011, but if I can get it all right the first time, I should be able to get most of it done.
I plan to finish Tales of Arcadia and two secret projects that are coming along well.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I plan to finish the Complete Edition of Vacant Sky in early 2011 and then move on to a couple new projects. I'd like to get a start in Android development, but I doubt I'll get a game done. I'm also working on a project in Unity, for which I'd like to at least get a demo out by next year.
author=Craze
I'm going to hopefully be finishing a complete and utter remake/revision (heh) of Visions & Voices with Karsuman..

Why would you want to remake it? It's already great as it is.

As for me, you know, Forever's End, blah blah blah.
I will get my rm2k3 Zelda finished by the end of 2011...I just have to. My only real plan is to just put more time into working on it. SMBX Zelda game will be fun!

I plan to play more games so I can write reviews and also to write some articles/tutorials.
I'm hoping to have Leo & Leah up for beta-testing by the end of January and hopefully a full release by mid-February or so, then I can retire =)
I hope to release chapter 1 of Mother2k3 before the end of January and finish at least more 5 chapters before 2011 ends.
My goals are listed in the main page of the game I'm translating, Seraphic Blue, but I'll list here as well.

Goal to complete translation of the halfway mark of the game: June/July 2011
Goal to complete translation of the whole game: Christmas 2011/Early 2012 (More likely the latter)

:)
I want to release a demo or something. Idk, I just want something out there. Maybe I can aim a little higher and try to get episode one of Neo Lescia finished.

Maybe I'll write a couple more reviews too, if anything catches my eye. Though I really just want to focus on making things.

Also, I want to finish up my gameprofiles.
I've started a project called The Rebel. It's an RPG-based game and what I've done with it so far is pretty good for my first try at it. I hope to be able to get more work and more in depth in it as I progress with the story
Serious:
Working on my storytelling and mapping skills; I've got a few ideas I've batted around for several years now, that have begun to properly coalesce, but as my current skills stand, I'm not sure I'm up to the task of presenting these stories.

Not serious:
Putting together a game where the player has to stop a mischievous creature called the boxling, which introduces monsters into a world, then for amusement brainwashes people into thinking they're heroes who have to deal with the monster incursion.
Fragile Hearts
Eden Legacy IV: Return to Eden
Get a job.
I hope to get over the 75% completion mark for Carpe Diem: Episode 1 by the end of 2011.
I've been at a bit of a standstill in progression, what with going back and redoing various parts from early on in the game and doing a complete overhaul on the battles. But once I finish all that I can get back to continuing the game.
I'd also like to do more reviews, possibly make them fancy, what with pictures and cool title...things. Oh, and definitely get to know some of the people here a lot better!
Pages: first 123 next last