SITE FEEDBACK OVERHAUL (MEANING THAT WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK)

Pages: first 12 next last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
We are going to try to renovate this forum (Site Feedback) into something easier to use for both the people and the staff, and I'm the one to head the changes and report back to the staff as a whole.

Do you have any ideas on how we can better see, utilize, criticize, et cetera-ize your feedback? Are there any broad categories of changes that you think need discussion?

How can we make the site feedback process easier and more accessible to you?

For example, how would it be easier for you to tell the staff that you think game X should be purged, or that you'd like to request a staff review for game y, or to raise concerns about the implementation of the event system? This is about site feedback, on the site to the staff, not "thumbs-up."

On that note, what do you think would be the best (or, at least, a better) way to tell us that you'd like us to consider a thumbs-up system?
Personally I like the forum the way it's laid out now.
However, maybe you could have it where people could thumbs up or thumbs down posts/threads or something to show who agrees or disagrees with one's feedback.
author=Xanedil
However, maybe you could have it where people could thumbs up or thumbs down posts/threads or something to show who agrees or disagrees with one's feedback.
I totally agree with you. If only I had some way to thumbs up your post.... *wink*
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Two people in this thread missed the point.

The idea here is to make it easier for US to hear from YOU; we're not suggesting site changes. We're suggesting organizational changes.
Craze
Sorry, I guess you thought I meant the entire forums. I meant this specific one; I added some clarification in bold. (What chaos said, basically.)
author=ChaosProductions
Two people in this thread missed the point.

The idea here is to make it easier for US to hear from YOU; we're not suggesting site changes. We're suggesting organizational changes.

Actually, implementing a thumbs up/down feature will make it easier to hear from us. It's similar to a poll, which this forum lacks. With a poll, we can easily organize what people think about a certain site feedback.
LouisCyphre
We didn't want polls because it's just slam-bam-thank-you-sir - there's no substance behind the user's yes or no click. We prefer substance and thought; hence, this forum.

Now, how to we encourage and collect that substance and thought in an organized manner?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A poll feature I can see as a kind of site feedback. I'm not quite seeing how a "thumbs up/down" feature gives feedback to the site. Unless that feature is done on a per-post basis? Kind of like a "This post was thanked by the following users" or "this post was found useful by the following users" that other places have?

*Edit: You want substance and thought? Well, that's another critter entirely.
That depends; how do you want it organized?
author=Craze
Sorry, I guess you thought I meant the entire forums. I meant this specific one; I added some clarification in bold. (What chaos said, basically.)

Oh sorry, I misread. Well, as I said I like the layout fine.
Craze
Hi guys,

Please read the opening post. I have included examples for you to understand what we're going for here.

Thanks,
The management

P.S. I'm pretty sure you're not going to get polls, but how can you better tell us the reasons that you think they would add to the site?
If you want organization, maybe have different subforums in the site feedback section depending on what the user is requesting.
LouisCyphre
I'm just going to shoot that down right now and say flat no to subforums. They're a waste of space and a nightmare in terms of database management. And ugly, they're just plain ugly.

What we should be considering is such things as the currently stickied threads and what kind of schedule this space should be checked on, if any. For example, take the RMN Bugs threads. Are there any companion threads we should make? et. al.
How often should I run and update the site stats?
LouisCyphre
Probably about once a month, not too often. Seems simple enough to me!
Stickied topics may be the easiest way to do this IMO (like you're already doing).

Or something to that effect?

Like a stickied thread for reporting questionable content. Another for suggestions only. Another for whatever.

I don't know how it could be done, but if you could introduce a unique ID hashtag system into the forum (for users and games, articles etc. Which shouldn't be too hard because they all need a unique ID for their URLs anyway) you could probably automate a system for collating "most popular hashtags" in a specific topic to make the job of finding what games are causing the most controversy from within ONE stickied thread where people simply post a hash-tagged response to flag something.

It's a rough idea but it could work?
Craze
F-G: Organization and inclusion. There will likely be a few general categories of complaints/suggestions/etc. to lower the amount of topics in here so that it's easier to go over and make an official list of ideas that have been brought up.

We'd like the community's input on what those categories should be, for one. Also, I think/feel/might be hallucinating that part of the recent upsurge of anger is that the people felt very disconnected from the staff. You might not be anything but a snarky nay-sayer who needs to take a chill pill, but there are forum-goers who actually have ideas and suggestions but (I believe) can't find a way to get them across. We'd like to know if there are any new channels or approaches we could take to site feedback to harness those ideas and emotions into something we can use.

NewBlack: I can't make the call on code-related stuff, but an alert system might work. We do have spies that watch your every move and know what's going on, but there are only two people that can do actually something about it (kentona and karsuman) so the time between a nasty conflict occurring and its detention is the main culprit. Still, good ideas!
Craze
And dramatic speeches and my becoming a staff member to help bridge the gap.

Anyway, that's not a discussion for this topic. In what way do you think it would be best for us to approach this if you wished to present the discussion to the community? =)
Pages: first 12 next last