SITE FEEDBACK OVERHAUL (MEANING THAT WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK)

Pages: first prev 12 last
author=Craze
For example, how would it be easier for you to tell the staff that you think game X should be purged

Don't make it into a public debate.

The great purge topic went to shit because people don't like being publicly bashed on their game and the discussion that follows can get a little out of control(guilty). If someone puts forth a game that should be purged, require that they make a civil arguement (in private, directly to staff in a PM) with facts and maybe screens to back it up and that's it. Don't let them see what the developer said about it because then they would be compelled to retaliate. Just have the case against a game made and leave it up to a discussion between the developer and staff. Don't even announce if a game ends up getting purged. Do it quietly behind the scenes.

Or maybe a change in the way games are screened before accepting(but that's a differnet topic).

As far as making it easier to tell the staff...having a link on the main page that actually shows who is staff, would be helpful. Put it at the bottom maybe, along with "About, Terms of Service...". A "contact us" or "staff" link. There was one time I wanted to PM someone in staff and I had to browse through forums until I found a place where they posted in order to get to their profile. Not everybody knows the names or even the correct spellings of staff.

On that note, what do you think would be the best (or, at least, a better) way to tell us that you'd like us to consider a thumbs-up system?

I think polls are a good idea. Just don't make the poll the main determining factor of the end result. It's true that a click of a poll doesn't allow you to elaborate and give reasons why, but the poll doesn't have to be the thing that decides it. It's just an extra set of data to go along with the full fledged discussion which will obviously hold more weight. A side dish, if you will.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Fallen-Griever
In fact, why not just have a sticky called "resolved issues" or something that you add things to when they're resolved - people can then look through said thread when they're thinking about posting a new problem just to see if it's already been raised. Topics that are resolved can be locked and left in this forum as an "archive" of sorts. If you sort through them quickly enough, this shouldn't be a problem to do...

The "resolved issues" thread could just be something like:

Description of issue:
Link to original thread:
What happened as a result:
Why it happened:

I dig this idea, just for the record.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
um this can probably die now!
Yo can you bring back the random generated screen shots on the main page? It was a good way to stumble on to some gold games and find interesting/inspiring screens.
author=King of Games
Yo can you bring back the random generated screen shots on the main page? It was a good way to stumble on to some gold games and find interesting/inspiring screens.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/?random=1
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've talked to any of you (or not, since sometimes I talk to a few of you on #shmup and whatnot in secret), but I think I need to add in my own two cents about somethings that are bothering me on the site -- and it's not just RMN -- but RMing in general (and no, you don't have to read this…you do have a choice, afterall). ^^

I remember back in a time that making games with RPG Maker and visiting RM sites used to be fun and acknowledgeable; it seemed as if everyone worked together to not only improve their own abilities and become better game makers, but people also pitched in to help as best as they could, for new people and old. But when I look at this site, I just shake my head and go like, “WTF are these morons up to now!?” Really! You guys are becoming a bigger joke than my workplace! Maybe that's just what all establishments are acting like now…but I dunno.

Perhaps it's just the passing of time changing the way we treat each other on the Internet, and all, but I always thought the common goal of game design was to work hard, treat each other fairly, and strive for a common goal! No. All I see is the same BS -- day in and day out! It never changes here. I'm ashamed to be a member of this, once, proud site.

Now, now, don't get me wrong! Not all of you guys are dick heads -- but a lot of you guys are! If you want RMN to keep on thriving, you best listen to one of your vets that you have mistreated over the years! That's right! This sucker -- who shouldn't BE here because of a 2 year ban for…taking a game down and replacing it with a better one -- is going to help offer his words of wisdom: Like I said, “It's not all of you, it's some of you!”

1.) Treat everybody with respect and kindness! Even new members:

If you guys are going to get into game design, this is one of the most fundamental rules: TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES RIGHT!!! I know this isn't as a business, and we aren't getting paid for this crap (although, some of us SHOULD!!! Like YDS & Nessy), but you need to treat your clients with respect, no matter if they've finished a game or not. I'm tired of people making fun of each and calling them out just because “They don't like them, or they haven‘t finished anything significant” BS!!! And why do you guys think all the new members don't stay long? Because you guys are morons and keep calling people out! Treat people with respect! No matter what. Just because you guys treat me like a douche, doesn't mean I hold the same grudge with all of you! Like, for example, Max McGee: I find him to be a great person and a well inspiring game maker, but he treats me like dirt whenever I try to defend his game -- come on!!! Return some of that love back here!

2.) Bring back all the cool stuff!

What are you guys doin', downsizing!? DOES THE BUSINESS NEED TO SAVE 10 CENTS BY TAKING DOWN THE PODCASTS AND REVIEW SOMETHING DAYS!?

Come on guys! This is what made you guys cool! Now, you're a bunch of snobs that don't like creativity or good games at all; you guys need to bring all of this back! Hell, I would offer to do a lot of these things, except I'm not staff, and I'm a vagabond now! But one of the main reasons why I liked this place -- and still check it out today -- is because of the podcasts, review something days, screenshot topics, play something days! What the hell!? Why did you get rid of all the cool stuff!? You guys need to get back to the basics and make this place cool again! There are plenty of wonderful games in the works, so start showcasing them! Make me interested in playing these; and thus, visiting your site on your regularly basis!

3.) Karsuman: HIT THEM BAN SWITCHES!!! HAR HAR HAR! I AM SUPER MODS!

Look, I agree that people should get banned if they get out of line (like me! *waves*), but sometimes…banning people can get a bit ridiculous. I've been banned for 2 years now, with the first incident trying to take my game down to replace the new one…okay… Why should that be a 2 year offence? I can understand the Karsuman videos (sorry, bud! :D) -- but some of these don't make sense! Why did you guys ban RoseSkye? She just wanted to review your games and you drove her off the edge of a cliff! Come on people!!!

I actually don't mind being banned off the forums, but I still wouldn't mind posting up my games! I think, if someone gets banned…they should still be able to post their work up, that's all I'm saying.

4.) RMN hates “Good Games”

Look…we want to play “Good Games.” I'm not saying that the bad ones, or mediocre ones, shouldn't be given a chance -- but I'm getting sick of this crap! We don't accept good games because…why? They're too good? You don't want people to feel embarrassed or down? Who cares!? Suck it up! I rather play good games than fucking Legendary Legend. That's another thing…Legendary Legend over Eyes Without A Face, Space Funeral, Etc.? Thank god you guys got it right the next month. Lol.

Stop banning good games, and show them some respect!

---

Anyways, sorry for the long post; and I'm sorry for posting this shit up with my status and all…but I just had to say something! I couldn't stand by and see this site go down the shithole! And look, I understand that we are just trying to have fun and all…but come on! Make people feel excited for coming here and post their wonderful projects up on here!

WIP, Karsuman, Magi (and anybody else), I hope you guys can turn this place around and I wish you guys the best of luck! We've may have butt heads in the past…but I hope this place will survive. Besides, I want to see some sweet games released here!

As for me, I'm officially done now! No, no, I'm still making games (got a cool online one in the works :D), but my days on the RM communities are done now. I finally realized what I need to do: I shouldn't be on places like this; I should be concentrating on getting my work done! And you all should be too!!!

So, here's hoping some of the stuff I say helps the site (probably not, lol); but at least it's a start!

Love you guys!

Keep Real Men Network around for many years to come!!!

PS: Sorry about all the bullshit over the years from me. Hopefully you'll still think of me as a cool guy who made a Monopolo! Catch you later! :D

Also, Neok is my secret lover. Yep. Take that, Nessiah! ^^

- I was going to make a topic, but you can't using a proxy.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Brent go die in a fire.

EDIT: I will explain a bit more about my statement.

1) You deserved everything you got. You are not a model citizen by any means. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they start acting like children (like you did).

2) Fun thing about those features: they require people to do them. You know what happens when people are no longer interested in doing them? The features are no longer updated.

3) This site actually has very very few entries in the ban list. You were banned because you 100% deserved it. If anything, we have not banned people enough. I promise you there will be more bans in the near future.

4) I have no idea what you are saying here. Good games are never "banned". We sift through the garbage in the submission queue and let a good amount of stuff in. Good stuff.

Nothing you said was helpful. Nothing you have ever said is helpful. You consistently break the very acceptable rules here for who knows what reason.
I gotta say, it really puts things in perspective for me seeing Brent, uh, say anything, really. I am officially embarrassed.
Will people drop the Legendary Legend bullshit? Yeah, some people thought it was a terrible game, but other people thought it was great. Why are the "terrible" viewpoints the only ones considered valid? As for Eyes Without a Face ...derp. That was my fault. I somehow completely forgot about it when games were being nominated. And as for the nominations for featured game...no one ever stepped up from the community to suggest any to me. So yeah, if anyone wanted very strongly for a particular game to be nominated for a particular time you probably should have let someone know. Thirdly, the featured game isn't about capturing a game at the height of its popularity. (Truly, it was about picking a game that someone made a case for. No one made a case for Eyes Without a Face. I should have, if I was thinking but I forgot about it, but no one else did either)

As for all the other stuff (reviews somethings, play somethings, release somethings, podcasts, etc...) I ran most of them but they were always (and increasingly) met with resistance and dwindling participation. If people aren't participating, why should they continue?
Pages: first prev 12 last