POKEMANIAC LET'S TRIES!

Pages: first 12 next last
Pokemaniac Let's Tries!

Hey guys! Like with every craze, here I am, a few months after it has passed, ready to join in. I don't really know why, except that I actually have a mic now, but here I am, ready to show your game getting torn up to the masses on YouTube.

Stuff you should know

-I do take requests, in fact, I will probably only be taking requests. Please, however, only request your own games, and make sure you're actually going to watch them! You don't want me going all YDS, do you?

-I will, as a rule, mostly do RPGs, Point 'n' Clicks, etc. This is because I'm pretty shitty at anything else, and I don't really have any mastery of those genres from an actual making standpoint, so I'd having nothing to really contribute. Oh, and I don't do Dating Sims either. Sorry. ;(

-I will not hold back in nitpicking your game to death, and I will be brutal. If you're not ready for the criticism, and if you're not ready to do anything about it, don't waste both of our time requesting your game.

-I don't swear very often, but that certainly doesn't mean I won't. If you wish to keep your ears away from such filth, then this is your entire warning. Run now.

Let's Tries in Progress
The Journey by ninjaalamode and Ekhazar
Ep 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtEZQyGYuk
Ep 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3qdUEx6sA

"The Queue"
-Tales from Zilmurik by Corfaisus
-Legend of Denadel by Deckiller
-Dungeon Crawl by Liberty
-Vindication by LockeZ

Get requesting!
So, uh, I just did my first video of The Journey, and I think I'm going to call it a practice video and try The Journey again tomorrow. It takes a bit of getting used to, talking to nobody. I'll get it eventually, though. Just don't be shocked if my first few videos are shit!
space funeral, top of the list
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Tales from Zilmurik 1: Origin?

It could always use a few pointers to what it could have done better.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Legend of Denadel or The Encephalon - the LTs I've already gotten were very good, but more feedback will be appreciated (especially since I'm going to be working on both soon).

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2054/

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2494/

Encephalon was made in 15 hours (intentionally), so most nitpicks probably won't help me in the sequel ;)
author=Ginseng_Tea
... do you take joke games?
Well, not really. What's the point of critiquing a joke game? I do take comedy games, though.

author=geodude
space funeral, top of the list
I was the beta tester for this, and I watched YDS's LT of it, so catmitts already has my thoughts on it and it would be more like an LP anyway.

author=Corfaisus
Tales from Zilmurik 1: Origin?It could always use a few pointers to what it could have done better.

Sure.

author=Deckiller
Legend of Denadel or The Encephalon - the LTs I've already gotten were very good, but more feedback will be appreciated (especially since I'm going to be working on both soon).

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2054/

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2494/

Encephalon was made in 15 hours (intentionally), so most nitpicks probably won't help me in the sequel ;)
Okay, I'll do one of these for you.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Actually, could you do Denadel? I'll just tweak a couple things while you're LTing those other games.
Would you let's try a game not on RMN?
author=Chairmandrek
Would you let's try a game not on RMN?

Put it on RMN, Mr. Secret Agent.
The problem is, they won't accept his game because it is apparently terrible. If I thought my feedback would be listened to, chairmandrek, with an open mind, I would consider it, but it is a lot of trouble for me to do these(esp. finding time when the house isn't noisy) and I don't want it to be a wasted effort.

I've finished the first video of The Journey. It's still pretty terrible, and my voice is really echoey for whatever reason, but at least there's some decent advice in there this time.
In other news YouTube estimated the amount of time it would take to upload the 15-minute video as "270 minutes". I think I'm going to have to lose some video quality(even though it was shitty to begin with? idgi). Hopefully I can get it down to a reasonable amount of time.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Actually, I'll go ahead and just ask you play the demo already on the site, just to see if you have issues with the same things mentioned before.
Try converting the video from .avi to something like .flv - it's what I do and there's not much quality loss. Prism video converter works pretty well.

I'd like to request Dungeon Crawl for an LT. I'm picking it back up and wouldn't mind a bit more feedback on it. It's a top-down rogue-like game with only the first of twelve floors playable at the moment, so it's pretty short.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
A Let's Try of Vindication would be pretty sweet. I could really use some in-depth feedback.

Deckiller should do one too, like he said he was going to all those months ago!
author=Liberty
Try converting the video from .avi to something like .flv - it's what I do and there's not much quality loss. Prism video converter works pretty well.
Thank you for this, the file is WAY smaller now. I'll add your game to the list.

author=LockeZ
A Let's Try of Vindication would be pretty sweet. I could really use some in-depth feedback.

Deckiller should do one too, like he said he was going to all those months ago!
Sure.
First vid is up! It's a pretty terrible video, I'm not going to lie, but now I know what I'm doing (well comparatively) I can make these better, and hopefully faster. I have to wait till the house is quite to do them, though.

Well, enjoyand don't laugh ;(!
Hey, thanks and nice job on the review Pokemaniac! Great feedback and your accent makes it all the better! I'll definitely have to release a revised The Journey once your done with your video reviews of it.

It's a shame you couldn't really get the music from the game into the video though. It was kind of odd when you mentioned the battle music being nice and yet I couldn't hear it =X. Seeing the whole opening scene without the music was also kind of odd for me, it was supposed to be an homage to the opening of an anime called "Cromartie Highschool" (just looked strange without the music though, heh).

Well, here's hoping to you enjoying the later parts of The Journey, and thanks again for the review!

Oh, one other thing, I should have mentioned this before, but The Journey was made by me AND Ekhazar. Sorry about that.
It's good to know you got something out of it!

Yeah, the next time I record I'll leave my headphone unattached so you'll be able to vaguely hear the background music at least.

I'll mention Ekhazar in my next video(Although I'll no doubt say it completely wrong!)
Pages: first 12 next last