LEARNING WITH JERICHO: CHOOSING THE RIGHT FOOD FOR YOUR CAT

Pages: first 12 next last
DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU

Hey Mittens, I got you a bag of Purina Brand Cat Food for Cats!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEHRRRRRR

hi. it's me. jericho aka jerrycat. a lot of you may be wondering "Why is this thread here and why was it made." well the answer to those two questions are simple. cold fusion. hahaha. now that i've broken the ice...let's delve right into the topic at hand, shall we?.... cat food. it affects every corner of our lives....groceries, bad cat bowel movements, dander, wallpaper...all the problems of the rainbow come back to cat food. i can only hope this guide will help you to choose a food that's right for YOUR cat

INGREDIENTS TO AVOID

dog food- dog food is not for cats

corn-corn is for chickens and not for cats. cats cannot digest corn. did you know that the cat in that animated om nom nom gif with the cob of corn died? well he did. he's dead now. because the lolcat website made him eat corn.

wheat, wheat gluten, peanut hulls, mill run, velveeta cheese-these are all really bad for a funcattime.

INGREDIENTS TO SEEK OUT AND ACTIVELY SHOVE IN CATMOUTH

fruits and vegetables-hey, this is a food group okay. cats love tiny little fruits like blueberries. BUT NEVER FEED A CAT PINEAPPLE*

LASAGNA-oh heeey!! didn't see you there lol!. just chillin out with my main man garfield...kind of da fat cats...it's all good *sips a drink*

OATMEAL-bet you weren't expecting to see this one! oatmeal is very digestible and good for tummyache. feed a cat some oatmeal, flip him over...bellyrub 2011 is underway....

CAT FOOD REVIEWS

Solid Gold- not very good for your cat to be honest, but what an investment!!!

Evanger's- the evanger's i've seen is literally a whole mackerel cooked in gravy. for a cat. holy cripe

Diamond Naturals- : About three weeks ago I participated in an online cat food tasting hosted by Cat Foods of Chile. They sent us eight bags to sample during while giving us access to the representatives from each mill via webcams and a live chat forum.

My wife and I sampled all of the bags, and while there certainly wasn't a single one we didn't enjoy, Diamond Naturals t was far and away our favorite. A lot of pepper on the nose, and by pepper I mean green pepper, where different, but enjoyable, and went well with the leather and rounded tannins on the palate, especially as the cat food had the time to go stale and then your cat doesn't want it anymore because for some reasons cats hate old food.

While we didn't really pair it with anything beyond something to much on (water and old socks), the thought of pairing this with a remote controlled mouse or a tiny backpack filled with catnip is enticing enough to make me want to try my hand at making it.

I would highly recommend the Diamond Naturals, especially at this price point. It's a great cat food with a great nose and lots of great flavors.

blue buffalo available at your local petsmart. the almost-high-quality cat food for the middle class customer. enjoy working a 9-5 for the rest of your dull life hahhahahah

purina one this is basically like mcdonalds and literally gave my cat diabetes. my cat is now dead

fancy feast

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please discuss and contribute *nods sagely*

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
well this is fucking hilarious.
i had a cat in middle school and i fed it dog food

it promptly turned into a dog
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
MOG, that was Torchlight.
I'll just leave this here, cat food stuff is in the fourth post
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
i was pretty srs face until i read mog's post

oh god i can't breathe mog what have you done
hey pal i miss that cat

dog
Magi
Resident Terrapin
edit: fancy feast is made in highest pyongyang refinery. loaded with foodstuffs and feed a family for weeks. why use for cat food! why cat!
Magi
Resident Terrapin
i feeed dog bone meal from seoul diplomat. hefty lik e pig.

f
fatcat need bone meal if to.become fat dog best true??
for best dog bone meal experience, i recommend dog bone meal. it has the ingredients which to
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
i am nto a cat but i have great resprect for the men and women out there,in the fields every day fighting to bring t hemcornmeal
author=Jericho
INGREDIENTS TO AVOIDvelveeta cheese
hey buddy it's a fucking lifestyle choice u should think twice before u post this kind of dogshit (heh u would be a dog lover wouldnt u). just becuz it didnt work for u doesnt mean it wont work for anyone else dumbass. my cats eat velveeta cheese every day and theyre better off for it. my cats love to run and play with me and lick my hands&face. so what if the smell of their deliciously cheesy bowel movements nearly drive me to suicide every day. my cats love me and love velveeta. i bet ur cat doesnt even love u ass hole.

if u love ur cat give it velveeta cheese. stand proud cat lovers.

r.i.p. velcheetah, i'll see u in cheese heaven bud.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Jericho
for best dog bone meal experience, i recommend dog bone meal. it has the ingredients which to

sorry all i took away from that post is that you like the experience of boning dogs
realtalk i am getting a little baby neko pretty soon. i kind of figured that it was Bad news to feed them purina or grocery store cat food because it is just full of cardboard and corn husks and cats are Obligate Carnivores so they need to to eat the flesh of other animal. you named some brands that sound pretty ritzy are there any others to look for?? it's important that she doesn't get fatal diarrhea. regard's
jbone
Ultra Premium (regular)
Solid Gold
Innova
California Natural
Nature's Variety Prairie
Natural Balance
Wellness
Evanger's (makes only wet) (NOT the vegetarian formula, duh.)
Tiki Cat (makes only wet)
Wysong (wet)

Ultra Premium (grain-free)
Innova EVO
Before Grain (B.G.), made by Merrick
Now! Grain Free
Wellness CORE
Nature's Variety Instinct
Taste of the Wild

Premium
Chicken Soup
Blue Buffalo
Merrick (wet)
Pet Promise (wet)
Newman's Own Organics
Felidae
Diamond Naturals (dry)

Good
Eagle Pack
Royal Canin
Wysong (dry)

Acceptable
Iams
Science Diet
Eukanuba
Purina One
Pet Promise (dry)
Diamond
Nutro
Trader Joe's
Whole Paws

Horrid
Fancy Feast
Sheba
Cat Chow
Whiskas
Meow Mix
Special Kitty, or whatever Wal-Mart calls its house brand
Store Brands
Anything that includes the words "meat" or "animal" in its ingredients list

The link I posted above has a ton more stuff in it that goes into detail about cat food

*edit*
Kirkland Signature (The Costco brand) has pretty good dogfood for cheap, I'd assume their catfood is similar.
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD GREATBREADSPIRIT
cat food is all well and good but waht about cat treats?
Pages: first 12 next last