DRAGON AGE: LEARN IT NOW

Game is great, gives me the old rpg vibe, im near the end got a quest called final battle...how original,I want to know how far the end is? I got a little dissapointed when I got the final battle quest and saw that I completed the game at 41%, I thought it would be longer...oh well still the game is rad, really long for nowadays and mainly fun...any good mods out there except additional dog slot, combat tweak, advanced tactics, runic armor and bash chests?
Dragon Age Origins is actually one of my favorite RPGs in recent years, I loved how in depth you could get with your backstory and develop your character in unique ways. I played on console so I never got to mod (something I'm NOT going to repeat in DA:2).

I played through the game at least 7 times, here some of my favorite builds:

Origin: Human Noble
Class: 2handed Warrior Templar Champion, I tanked a lot with this guy.
Party: Morrigan- Blood mage maxed out frost, lightning, crushing prison. My main damager
Alistair- Champion kept his sheild skills, back up tank with some archery for long range
Wyne- Arcane warrior, crushing prison and all creation spells I could, healer and crowd control

Origin: Elf Mage
Class: Mage arcane warrior spirit healer, also tanked but I loaded up with some primal to damage
Party: Leliana- Ranger summoned animals for back up, lockpicked and archery damage
Alistair- Same as before really
Dog- I loved this guy, awesome for crowd control since I lacked Shale.

Origin: City Elf
Class: Rouge duelist assasain, backstabs and lots of grenades made this guy my favorite
Party: Alistair- Exactly the same as before...Guess I liked that build of him
Wyne- Arcane warrior, pure healing with a couple of lightning spells for good measure
Sten- Champion, helped Alistair with tanking and me with damage

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I was really, really, really psyched about this game before it came out, I preordered it (I never preorder anything) and when I played it I absolutely hated it. I kept trying to get over the learning curve and get into the good stuff but it did not work. I gave up on it and I think it's either moldering somewhere or has been traded in. I have tried to analyze why I did not like it/it did not work for me. I don't think I've been able to.

No matter what I did everything that happened in every battle seemed arbitrary and like I had no control over it. This was tolerable until the game got hard.
Yeah, battles felt pretty out of my control as well, despite whatever I set for my party's assignments. The game has a pretty iffy learning curve, but I've learned(playing many RM games) not to let that stop me from going as far as I can with a game unless it is pure bile. I KNOW I've yet to learn many of the intricacies of the game, but that's usually something I save for secondary playthoughs, so I don't ruin the experience of the first. But more on that later.

I made it through fade a while ago. When i went back to play i realized there was no fire to walk through so I could stealth my way in. Killed a few guys, ran like hell and trapped the rest. After that there was one more room and it was relatively easy as well. One I got the golem form it became far to easy even on normal and I switched it over to hard. Even after leaving the fade and the entirety of the next quest things were going smoother than ever. So I figured all that time alone really helped me get a feel for the mechanics more than having a full party could ever do. So though difficult trials and a ridiculous amount of ass beatings I finally know how to play decently.

Next time though, I'd just rather have a decent tutorial section, and a spot of tea. Thank you. I still feel the that the battles are more out of my control than they should be but it's faaaar more enjoyable now.

Oh and yeah, sorry Craze, playing this on the 360. My laptop was never equipped to run games decently. And the cost for getting a decent computer or upgrading the one currently have doesn't seem worth it for the few PC exclusive games I'd want to play. Such i guess the cost is in control, graphics, and lack of mods. Someday

EDIT:
Well now after picking up the game again and messing around with character settings, it now feels like I'm in almost complete control of the battles, at least the way the tides move. I think every time I post something here I get drastically better at the game, just to spite myself >:( !
Crap, game freezes in epilogue, does anyone know how to repair this ?
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
ALL FUCKING DONE, have play throughs with all dlc. Human 'best' choices mage who romanced Morrigan. Dalish Elf woman rogue who romanced Alistair and sacrificed herself. And a Dwarf Noble Warrior who was a huge dick to everyone and and didn't romance anyone. And let amarathine fall and sided with the architect and killed morrigan in witchhunt. Oh, he didn't do the 'deed' with Morrigan but had Lohgain sacrifice himself instead and Alistair became a wandering drunk.
Just bumping this to say I preloaded Dragon Age 2 on Steam this morning. Comes out on Tuesday.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I pre-ordered the signature edition when it was first announced. I'm looking forward to the game; it will be a slightly late birthday present. I finally finished Awakening last week or so but I still need to go through some canon DLC (Leliana's Song, the Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt) before moving on to Dragon Age 2 on Tuesday. I'll guess I will be pretty busy the next couple of days.
i am frothing for da2 like hell

lol @ people on bioware forums crying about how no awkward shuffling to your target = it's an action game now apparently

also reavers sound mad decent because one of their first skills is a passive that grants a damage boost inversely proportional to your health. hello suicidal playstyle 8]
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Dragon Age was a lot of fun when I briefly got to play it. I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 2 even more after playing the demo three times!
Hi,

Just started playing dragon age,it is real good so far.Wanted to say thanks for the information and it will come in handy.Will be back for some more information as needed.

Thanks again.

Edit: Please don't post 'disguised' advertisements.

Dudesoft
Welcome, post lots!
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
I have three different Wardens ready for Tomorrow, it's going to be great seeing the reactions of what I've done in the first through different eyes.

Two Handed Reaver/Berserker HERE I COME
I'll be importing my very grey Gray Warden, who was a good guy overall but sometimes did what was "necessary" to become powerful enough to fight the dark spawn, and also exploited Morrigan's vagina to save his own hide. But that's in about ten hours... I have to go to work right now.
author=Ark
sonofabitch.jpg

that's what i'm going for

great minds think BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=cho
author=Ark
sonofabitch.jpg

It turns out... Berserker kind a sucks. I ended up respeccing to Templar. :(
Dragon Age 2 has a 3.9 user score on Metacritic. Sometimes PC gamers amuse me.
twilight princess ONLY 9.5??? death threats
author=Ark
author=cho
author=Ark
sonofabitch.jpg

It turns out... Berserker kind a sucks. I ended up respeccing to Templar. :(
i'm liking Barrage (50% attack speed boost), but yeah Berserk itself is pretty lame. getting the upgrades will help but they're pretty low on my priorities right now. pairing Barrage and Cleave means that my actual attack skills haven't been seeing much use though. might respec just to get more useful shit instead of scythe/whirlwind/etc.

also i keep finding gear that's better than individual pieces of my Armor of the Fallen set, but i'm reluctant to equip them until i have a full set of better stuff even though the set bonus for AotF isn't actually that great or anything

also i always pick aggressive options no matter what which led to this weird thing where i beat the shit out of a guy to get info, but was then aggressive to my business partner by saying "hey fuck you, let this guy go or i'm going to kill you"
i mean it's my fault for not choosing consistent options but still lol
Dudesoft
I'm playing Dragon Age II for now, and I effing LOVE it. I was going to give this to my friend, but WOW! This is a lot of fun. I'm playing as a mage and icing everyone who gets in my way. Ice magic is incredibly fun. Just a great game.

I'm playing by choosing the Joking options in all story choices, which is pretty funny, and now Hawke's brother hates my mage chick. Haha so good. Next run I'll play a bad choice barbarian, then a good choice rogue. ((All the classes are their own breed of fun, according to the demo. I really like this, it's the new Oblivion for me))