SANE/INSANE METER SCRIPT

Pages: 1
Hello RMN! I've recently been working on a new project and I was wondering if a script survives out there that shows a meter to keep track of your sanity. Basically, if the character's sanity meter fills up, they become insane and certain effects appear. I'm hardly good with scripts but I'm willing to give it a try!
author=Carvonica
Hello RMN! I've recently been working on a new project and I was wondering if a script survives out there that shows a meter to keep track of your sanity. Basically, if the character's sanity meter fills up, they become insane and certain effects appear. I'm hardly good with scripts but I'm willing to give it a try!

I don't know a thing about scripting, but I will try to help. There are several scripts out there which work with a STAMINA meter. I imagine it would take some very simple edits to change the name and effects of it. Also, if a sanity meter was to fill up, it would mean you are completely sane. Make it an INSANITY meter instead, that way if it fills up, it will mean you are totally insane.
That was just foolish wording on my part. It is an insanity meter, not sanity.
You could do it trough basic events,I dont know how to do scripts in new RPG makers. You will need one variable, name it "insanity". When you want the insanity meter to go up, do a basic variable operation, + number you want to that variable, for instance you open scary door, variable operation +10. If you want to make the insanity meter go down, you will do variable operation -5 for instance, now you would have 5 insanity. Pretty simple, eh?Dont forget it must be parralell process.But you will need to make sure it doesnt go below 0, so you will make a conditional branch, if variable insanity less or equal 0 then set insanity 0, this will make sure it wont fuck up.

Now we make the effects you wanted, so we add conditional branch, if insanity 25 then show picture 2 for instance. Get it? If you want to make 100 insanity "the end", you will add conditional branch if insanity 100 then... add what you want.

Now for graphical part, you will need another event, again parralell process. Now you will need to make alot of pictures, 100 if you want 100 insanity, every single number represented by single point in the meter. Now if you have those pictures, here comes the boring part. You will need to write conditional branch for every number in your variable. If insanity is 1 then remove picture 2,show picture2.
Under picture 2 you would add the picture representating the number in variable insanity, if it is 1 then you will add the picture with 1 point in meter. Remove picture 2 must be before show picture, because it makes sure, that the older picture wont stay there.Now you will need to make every single conditional branch for every single number you have.

Pretty easy but boring, I just hope you understand.
author=Bonehead11
You could do it trough basic events,I dont know how to do scripts in new RPG makers. You will need one variable, name it "insanity". When you want the insanity meter to go up, do a basic variable operation, + number you want to that variable, for instance you open scary door, variable operation +10. If you want to make the insanity meter go down, you will do variable operation -5 for instance, now you would have 5 insanity. Pretty simple, eh?Dont forget it must be parralell process.But you will need to make sure it doesnt go below 0, so you will make a conditional branch, if variable insanity less or equal 0 then set insanity 0, this will make sure it wont fuck up.

Now we make the effects you wanted, so we add conditional branch, if insanity 25 then show picture 2 for instance. Get it? If you want to make 100 insanity "the end", you will add conditional branch if insanity 100 then... add what you want.

Now for graphical part, you will need another event, again parralell process. Now you will need to make alot of pictures, 100 if you want 100 insanity, every single number represented by single point in the meter. Now if you have those pictures, here comes the boring part. You will need to write conditional branch for every number in your variable. If insanity is 1 then remove picture 2,show picture2.
Under picture 2 you would add the picture representating the number in variable insanity, if it is 1 then you will add the picture with 1 point in meter. Remove picture 2 must be before show picture, because it makes sure, that the older picture wont stay there.Now you will need to make every single conditional branch for every single number you have.

Pretty easy but boring, I just hope you understand.

I'll consider this, thanks! I was thinking before I posted the original request that perhaps events could do it but it would be messy. A script would make everything so much easier given there isn't a lot of configuring to do, which I assume there will be.
Like Eternal Darkness!

Talk about a great game.

really messed with your head.
Pages: 1