ANY STRANGE PHOBIAS?

Pages: 1
I was just thinking the other day, what weird things people are afraid of. Not the normal spiders, snakes, stalkers. etc etc

Rather the more abstract and strange things. Like fear of plants or wet towels.

You don't even have to be all that afraid of it.

I'll give you an example for me. When ever I do my washing in a communal area, I'm paranoid about some strange person stealing my clothes. Now I'm not terrified about it, but for some reason every time (When I don't do my washing home) I do my washing, I thinking about it and often I sit around watching the wash even though I have plenty to do. Strange I know... hence why this thread was thought up.

So if anyone wants to share their own strange fears... go ahead and post.

Please don't post anything too disgusting.

Smile I look forward to hearing about it.

P.S remember to state how afraid of it you are. I mean I am only worried about my strange fear but some people are terrified etc of theirs.
I'm afraid of fish. Just thinking about fish makes me uneasy. If I see a fish on dry land jumping around doing its thing I'll run away screaming. If that's the socially acceptable thing to do. Otherwise I'll just stay away and do grimaces and show in pretty obvious ways that I'm discomfortable where I am now.

From above ground I can watch fish in water alright. And I don't mind swimming in the ocean since I know that fish just tend to avoid me. It's mostly the touching that makes me uneasy. And when they flap around on land being so very desperate.

Also nature documentaries or photographs of fish also makes me uncomfortable. I remember in fourth or fifth grade biology when there was the chapter on common fish in our water I had to use pieces of paper to block out the images so I could open the book in the right place. Of course friends would tease me by shoving the book into my face and stuff like that which I obviously didn't like but that's sort of expected now isn't it :)
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
in before he spams pictures of the shit you say you're afraid of to be 'edgy and comedic.' ):
turning rmn into 4chan, one post at a time. a true freedom fighter!!
I'm afraid of eating a sandwich and then being like "this tastes funny" only to look inside and see a naruto box set in my sandwich. level of fear 6/10 or "somewhat very afraid"
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'm afraid of barbie dolls. You know Toy Soldiers? Scared the living shit out of me. I mean, I could play with my barbies as a kid, but once nighttime came, they had to be packed away, sealed in their plastic container and then put in my wardrobe with the door sealed shut. And I was still scared.

Nowadays it's more Buzz Lightyear than barbies. He was out to get me one of the times I was at my Mum's. Randomly appeared in my room, and he was in the lounge, place he was making his voicebox sounds with no batteries.

Is my fear justified?
Spiders!

No reason, just a brief questioning of my sanity.
author=SorceressKyrsty
Nowadays it's more Buzz Lightyear than barbies. He was out to get me one of the times I was at my Mum's. Randomly appeared in my room, and he was in the lounge, place he was making his voicebox sounds with no batteries.

Is my fear justified?

Explainable if the toy contains capacitors.

Xbox 360 power packs contain shitloads of huge ones and stay "on" for a LOOONG time after it's unplugged.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
The random appearing in my room isn't, and plus, it wasn't working the next morning. At all. Only thing that was partially running was the laser.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I remember when I was a kid, my brother had a horrible fear of the Pillsbury Dough boy.
mainly because we had this old creepy plastic doll of him
and my brother swears it would be in different places than he left it, it even winding up in his bed at some point.
he started to fear it so much we finally got rid of it.

so, I guess you're not the only one Kyrsty, who has fear of inanimate objects coming to life...or already being alive..

I myself had a HUUGE phobia of dummies when I was younger.
Had this horrible nightmare one night that really fucked with me, made me sick.
so yeah, irrational to say the least, but that's what phobias usually are.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
author=tardis
in before he spams pictures of the shit you say you're afraid of to be 'edgy and comedic.' ):
turning rmn into 4chan, one post at a time. a true freedom fighter!!

woaw bro that was uncalled for
author=Jericho
I'm afraid of eating a sandwich and then being like "this tastes funny" only to look inside and see a naruto box set in my sandwich. level of fear 6/10 or "somewhat very afraid"

Now, that's not a phobia. But it caused a pseudophobia. My mom's bought chicken (grilled chicken or something, I don't remember the name, the chicken that's made as a whole in a barbecue thing) in a sunday. I hate chicken prepared like that, HATE. So the chickes was practcally left untoughed in the kitchen. For a day.
The next day's lunchtime was very happy. A very nice day.

Mommy smiling yummitastically made her plate of delicious yummy tasteless chicken.
She ate it. A leg, I think. Went pretty normal. She's taken the other leg and... It was moving by itself. And it was making some strange noise. She was intrigued and she had taken quite some tie to understand. She cut the chicken, only to see... A bustling nest of fly larvas inside her lunch. Flickering disgustingly and noisignly. I was freaked out, scared, and laughing at the same time. Mom never ate chicken again,
And guess what, I had a nightmare involving larva, chesnuts, semen and yogurt. I, myself, never drank yogurt again.
My last date was a helicopter pilot in the Air Force later turned civilian nurse. She had a polar bear phobia, because they hunt people.
i am extremely nervous fearful and uncomfortable if i ever find myself riding a ferris wheel i think it's linked to my fear of heights but i am perfectly fine on like every other ride up to and including the roller coasters and tower drops. this is pretty strange i think cause it's a flippin ferris wheel for god sake

i guess the ferris wheel just feels more rickety than other rides and the cabins/seats sway which doesn't help and the ride is very very slow so i am always like "what if this thing breaks down while i'm near the top of it and i am stuck there?" if there is a chair lift ride at the park i am the same way on that, those are the only 2 rides that scare me
YDS
member of the bull moose party
i dont like fish
and dead bees in a pool
these fish phobias are pretty strange to me because i love fish and have always sat for long periods of time in front of aquariums or looked at pictures of them in books (would be made uncomfortable by a fish flopping around on dry land though and would probably try to get it back in the water where it is supposed to be as soon as possible) i think i have a cousin who has a bit of a fish phobia, he refuses to swim if he knows there will be fish anywhere near him. i don't know if he is still like this but he has been for awhile

i can't stand to eat any type of seafood though and have to ask if there is fish in something if it looks suspicious, i just get kinda nauseous if i think i've eaten any, it's a shame cause sometimes it looks pretty tasty
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Fear of...being myself....
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I have a fear of falling, a fear of venomous insects, and I'm afraid of fear itself.
I have fear of having a fear of fear.
Pages: 1