IS COFFEE REALLY THE ONLY WAY?

Pages: first 1234 next last
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
so i've recently started to drink coffee. i've always sort of been against it because it's pretty disgusting. i'm at the point where i wake up in the morning and i am just a zombie and the day just drags along and i'm not alert at all, which makes me unproductive, procastination, etc.

coffee seems to help, a lot, but it's gross. i would like to have some kind of alternative.
Energy Drinks or Pills are your only alternatives.
cream and sugar is your best bet
Exercise.

It's hard to do when you feel like a zombie but it really does keep you energized.
Yoga exercises before you begin your hours really does help stay alert and productive throughout your day.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Funky_Gun
Energy Drinks or Pills are your only alternatives.

Without doing exercise, or buying tastier coffee(lol) I would say Energy drinks and pills would be the best, faster way to get energized in the morning.
Those little energy capsule things are great if you're on a time crunch.
coffee is really tasty. what coffee are you having? try something else
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
tl;dr don't drink coffee to get your energy.

I would otherwise recoomend tea, though I'm not a huge fan myself.

As for coffee, while cream and sugar do make coffee way better, you'll want to get used to just cream, or black. I don't care how much you brush your teeth, that shit will obliterate your teeth if you put sugar in it.

Otherwise, get a lighter blend, and just use cream or whitener. really gets rid of the bitterness.

Truth be told, though, Coffee, while not addictive, is habit forming. My mother used to drink a freakin pot of coffee before she even went to work. Now that I'm used to the taste of coffee, I wish we had some decaf so I wouldn't feel guilty about drinkin it all the time.
Too long? This thing is only 1 page long. lol
I find a lot of energy drinks make you crash. Try a nice warm breakfast. Like apple cider or something.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Eat an apple first thing in the morning, apples do more to wake you up than a LOT of foods
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Strangeluv
Idk, just get more sleep.

Jesus, at least pretend to give advice. It's not always about MORE sleep - you can get several hours more than "needed" and still be tired. It's about BETTER sleep and better habits. etc.
author=Fallen-Griever
Buy better coffee. How hard is that?

think coffee in general is pretty yucky

at least w/o a shitload of sugar/cream/milk/sugar/sugar

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Red Bull (it gives you wings)
Here are a few things that help me.

- A strict sleeping schedule. I am up at 8:00AM every day in the winter, I go to bed at either 11:00PM or 2:00AM, depending on how the day has gone. Nine/Six hour sleep schedules work best for me, but as long as you aren't waking up from deep sleep you will do alright.

- Breakfast. I can't stress how important breakfast is. You need some fat, protein, and carbs in the morning. Bacon, Eggs, and Toast is the most obvious. The breakfast sandwiches at coffee shops are great for this if you don't have time to make breakfast. Couple this with a drink with natural sugar, juice or water and some fresh fruit. I don't suggest milk, but that might just be me. It bogs me down like crazy in the morning.

- Streeeeeeeeeeeetching I know a lot of people stress exercise, but honestly, you need to be pretty dedicated to do it. Stretching on the other hand only takes five, ten minutes. Your muscles atrophy overnight. Stretching releases them. A lot of the 'tiredness' you feel in the morning is a result of your muscles being tight.

- COFFEE When all else fails, and there will be that morning or two that it does, drink coffee. If you don't like the flavor, get French Vanilla or Cafe Mocha. If it has caffeine, it's gold. That being said, I am an avid Tea drinker, but not for the caffeine content. In fact, the warmness and gentleness of Tea puts me to sleep.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
author=Fallen-Griever
Buy better coffee. How hard is that?

i think you missed the part where i don't like coffee.
author=TFT
so i've recently started to drink coffee. i've always sort of been against it because it's pretty disgusting. i'm at the point where i wake up in the morning and i am just a zombie and the day just drags along and i'm not alert at all, which makes me unproductive, procastination, etc.

coffee seems to help, a lot, but it's gross. i would like to have some kind of alternative.

Speed.
Pages: first 1234 next last