IS COFFEE REALLY THE ONLY WAY?

TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
i have a question. do you get used to coffee so it has no effect eventually?
yes, you can develop a tolerance for caffeine. don't over-do it!
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
As the others said, taking good care of yourself helps, as I'm rediscovering.

Also make shower every morning, even if you bathe at night - you'll find it helps you face the day.
Another item if you want something to drink is yerba mate,- not my personal favorite, but a possibility.

I recently learned that,- at least for some people with ADHD- caffeine can sometimes have a CALMING effect. But of course stimulant medications are often used to treat the symptoms so it's not really such a surprise.
yerba mate is delicious!

I wish I still had some...
BurningTyger
Huh, I always find it bitter . ..
try it with some liquid honey
BurningTyger
I will some time.
The only way to remove the bitter flavour from coffee is with adding salt. Sugar and Honey don't remove it, they mask it, and the bitter flavour can still be tasted. I would suggest saline solution over granular salt, though; as granular salt takes quite a bit to get it to dissolve in coffee. You can buy 'Liquid Salt' (saline solution) in grocery stores in the baking aisle. It just takes a bit of testing to figure out how much needs to actually go in. (saline solution is very diluted so you will need more than a little bit but try it ~half a teaspoon at a time.)

edit oh you were talking about yerba mate.

yerba mate removes social inhibitors in a similar way to alcohol (only without the drunk effect) and is a viable treatment for people suffering with anti-social behaviour.
adding salt to coffee !! wow. is this a thing?
author=prexus
The only way to remove the bitter flavour from coffee...

What blasphemy is this? The stronger and more bitter the better!
I can't drink coffee cause I'll be all like...

WHAT WAS THAT NOISE, WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THAT, ALRIGHT BUDDY LETS GO

And so on and so forth.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Ravenite1
I can't drink coffee cause I'll be all like...

WHAT WAS THAT NOISE, WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THAT, ALRIGHT BUDDY LETS GO

And so on and so forth.

and this is different from when you don't drink coffee... how?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My friend keeps harping on me that apple juice is way better for waking up than coffee. He's probably right. I usually only need 5 or 10 minutes before I'm wide awake anyway. I just like the taste, and at work getting coffee is a social thing.
Apple juice makes me tired. If you really want to wake up you can just take speed.
author=WolfCoder
Apple juice makes me tired. If you really want to wake up you can just take speed.

lmao WolfCoder, are you serious?
Green apples...though it doesn't give you the quick pick up like coffee, it's better...and healthier.

Try it out for a while and you'll see the difference. Your bowels and toilet will thank you.
author=Kindredz
Green apples...though it doesn't give you the quick pick up like coffee, it's better...and healthier.

Try it out for a while and you'll see the difference. Your bowels and toilet will thank you.

Ewwwwwwww!!!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Kindredz

this is seriously good advice. if you're going this route, though, make sure you're not a pussy and actually eat the skin- that's where all the glorious bowel-regulating fibre comes from.