IS COFFEE REALLY THE ONLY WAY?

Pages: first prev 1234 last
author=tardis
author=Kindredz
Green apples...though it doesn't give you the quick pick up like coffee, it's better...and healthier.

Try it out for a while and you'll see the difference. Your bowels and toilet will thank you.
this is seriously good advice. if you're going this route, though, make sure you're not a pussy and actually eat the skin- that's where all the glorious bowel-regulating fibre comes from.

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!
author=Ravenite1
author=tardis
author=Kindredz
Green apples...though it doesn't give you the quick pick up like coffee, it's better...and healthier.

Try it out for a while and you'll see the difference. Your bowels and toilet will thank you.
this is seriously good advice. if you're going this route, though, make sure you're not a pussy and actually eat the skin- that's where all the glorious bowel-regulating fibre comes from.
EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
author=TFT
so i've recently started to drink coffee. i've always sort of been against it because it's pretty disgusting. i'm at the point where i wake up in the morning and i am just a zombie and the day just drags along and i'm not alert at all, which makes me unproductive, procastination, etc.

coffee seems to help, a lot, but it's gross. i would like to have some kind of alternative.

put in 3 spoons of sugar and flavored hazelnut cream, it is the only way that lowly america beverage is tolerable.
You shouldn't have to put anything into good coffee. Here's a tip: don't go to Starbucks.
We boil water and add honey and lemon juice. The warm cup effect with the hot-lemonade taste is pretty satisfying when I'm jonesing for a cup of tea.
run around as soon as you get up, take a cold shower and make sure you eat them apples.
No one actually dose this so you might want to simply just sleep earlier.
author=WolfCoder
You shouldn't have to put anything into good coffee. Here's a tip: don't go to Starbucks.

it's true. Starbucks uses scalding-hot water when they brew, which makes the finished product smell and taste like ashes.

Like green/white tea, don't use boiling (212F) water... be a snob like me and use a french press with a bit of cold water and the rest boiling if you don't want to wait for it to cool, or just let it sit for a few.

Buy decent beans and grind them yourself. I literally am rolling in money so I bought a Burr grinder and everything, but the store's grinders work fine. Just remember that ground coffee goes stale fast, so keep it sealed.

Good coffee vs bad coffee is like a can of Natty Ice vs some $50 Belgian import beer. World of difference.
i cannot stress the above procedures enough
I actually keep a french press on my desk, it's so easy to make coffee with and the flavor comes out better. I usually use the powder but I did grind the beans myself a few times.

A french press is also much easier to clean because you don't have to take it apart into so many pieces.
mmm. when i leave home i'm definitely going to be 'borrowing' our cafetiére. not that anyone else ever uses it
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm

CAN'T LET YOU BREW THAT, STARBUCKS
author=WolfCoder
How about them apples!
author=Fallen-Griever
Buy better coffee. How hard is that?
Pages: first prev 1234 last