GIVING FEEDBACK: PASS OR FAIL

Nice thread. I would have scored some of them differently though. Two that pop into mind were Infection and Devil Star. I would have passed Devil Star. It looks like a game worth playing longer. Infection looked fun and was interesting, but repeat crashes that make it unplayable seems like a deal breaker. I would have failed that one. I might have scored some of the other ones differently too but those two stand out the most.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I hesitated a lot for Devil Star, so yeah, it was a close call.

I made a short video to introduce some new features in the future P&F (I made the icons from other existing icons from the net):

Do let me know if you have some ideas of your own.I've updated the badges on the first message of this thread.

I am now free for the next Pass or Fail.

Thanks for the video! I see why you picked what you did. The game was designed around the battle system and the story was something I was trying to work with, but I struggle with character development. It gets slightly more interesting after the kobold fight.

When you were walking straight to the boss fight, I was screaming "NO, NO, NOOO!!" at my computer monitor, but you didn't stop (lol). It's a tough fight, probably too tough, but you have to use Rain's protection magic spells because it will negate most of the damage. I didn't really mention that with the tutorial fights, though.

I should probably add one last mini-tutorial where she tells you to make sure to cast some protection magic before fighting, during that boss fight. Also, there were valuable HP and MP gems lying around to buff your stats before the fight. So it's not TOO hard once you do all that.

I'm going to chat with my buddy about jazzing up the intro. I'm with you though, I don't like long, boring, wordy intros unless they have amazing cutscenes to keep you going. So I've always been the type to just toss you into the game. Watching someone else play though, I notice how stale it is.

I don't know why I kept spelling 'hear' as 'here!' I'm actually a decent speller, but I never realized that.

With regard to the weird man that popped up at the end, it's just a really old bug I always forget to fix. It's a rare occurrence so I always forget it's there. (Technical speak: I had an empty cursor set to make the cursor blank , but forgot, and subsequently put the man's image files into it, and so now, when it moves in a certain direction to go blank, he shows up.)

Thanks again, I'm gonna get to work on it! You've reinvigorated me to fix it up :D
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Space_Monkey
Infection looked fun and was interesting, but repeat crashes that make it unplayable seems like a deal breaker. I would have failed that one.

I've only heard of the crashing problem with Creation, and I believe it is because he has Windows 7. :[
Something with the RTP wasn't working correctly for him.
Was just 2¢. If it runs well then yeah it should def pass.
now new and improved (and stickied)
Creation
Rifts by Desmo360

Creation, I was wondering if you'd consider attaching a quick summary of the review to each video. Just whether it passed or failed, and a selection of brief bullet points for your reasoning?
Creation
Hi Vanit,

You mean type in a summary? I like the idea and I guess it could be done but in that case there wouldn't be much point in doing videos anymore. What I could do is to put what I liked/disliked as bullet points during the last few minutes of the video.

I'll give this some thought (writing a summary).
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
Hi Creation! Would you be up to doing a Pass or Fail of my game:
Legacy of the Guilds
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2195/

The game is still in production, and the version on the profile page it's outdated, so I'd like to PM you the link to a more current version if you accept.
Carvonica is a friend of mine, and we discuss a lot of gameplay concepts, so, even though my game was started a little earlier, it may have similarities with her game, Tales of Arcadia, but I would still like to hear your impressions and ideas for improvement.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm aware there's no way for this game to earn the ORIGINAL badge, but it's ok, it's my first game and I really like medieval fantasy.
Creation
You can still earn an original badge in medieval fantasy, it has nothing to do with the setting (well mostly nothing to do). It depends on how you develop your game in a certain setting as opposed to the setting itself.

Check your PM.
rabitZ
OK! thanks for the clarification!
Looking forward to watching the Pass or Fail.

I've sent you the link.
Creation
Legacy of the Guilds by RabitZ

rabitZ
Thank you very much for the video!
Funny thing is, English is actually not my native language, but I try hard to polish everything!
If you are ever more interested in the game, feel free to ask and comment!

My main intention was to create a game which promotes exploration, so there are a lot of caves and sidequests.
I also really like medieval fantasy games, and I always wanted to make one.
The demo you have should be around 45 minutes of gameplay, in case you were wondering.

Thanks again, I think I'm going to post this video in my blog, if you don't mind!

EDIT: Also, I'm going to shamefully admit the save points were crystals before, but watching your let's try of Leo & Leah made me want to change them! It's a good thing you're doing all these videos.
This seems cool, one can never receive enough feedback.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2738
Try this out when you get time, Creation:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2226/

I'm interested in seeing what you have to say. I'm wondering if the beginning is a big turn-off.
Creation
Story of Innocence by Ultima187
Creation
A Home Far Away by Strangeluv
(I had to cut part of the footage otherwise I would have gone over the 15 minutes limit for youtube. Nothing important was left out however).

I recognize those sprites, they're playstation rpg maker! The battle sprite looked like Algus from FFT.

ps. I think you've got video game adhd, Creation. Story of Innocence's dialogue looked interesting. I kept pausing it to read what was being skipped!

Anyway, good stuff. Still enjoying these reviews.