GIVING FEEDBACK: PASS OR FAIL

Yeah, I kind of half-expected it to fail since it's pretty much a story-heavy demo. When I submitted it I was like "Oh shit! Creation hates long intros!" but I thought it was good enough to keep the player interested (and still do). I just think it would be hard to give the player immediate control in Lyanna's story, considering some things had to be explained beforehand, but Fiona's will get to the point much quicker. However, I learned a lot from the mini-review, and I will take what was said into consideration moving forward. Thanks for the taking the time to play, Creation, I'll probably shorten some things and resubmit so you can at least make it to a few battles.

And to clear a few things up: in the intro the Storyteller said "Conceive" not "Convince." And it wasn't "human with an 'e'" it was "Humane," pronounced "Hue-Main." Not to sound condescending, just didn't know if you knew or not.
Story of Innocence looks pretty cool, though, imo.

I'm surprised A Home Far Away got a pass because the introduction is like the worst thing about it, in my opinion.
Whats happening to pass or fail? Do we send pm's to your youtube account now, or what? Hopefully RMN won't actually go down, but..
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Necrile
Whats happening to pass or fail? Do we send pm's to your youtube account now, or what? Hopefully RMN won't actually go down, but..

I think it could be neat if you continued to do it on youtube, could still give out feedback that way to games.
If I don't see my game played by creation because of WIP's drama issues, I will die a sad man.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Thanks for your reply Ultima187,

To pass or fail is acually the least important part of the videos to the point where I was thinking of removing it altogether. What matters is that you get feedback to for your game and decide or not to make some changes.

As I've said, this is probably an awesome game as it seems quite polished. I would have delivered the story differently to something which matches my tastes when it comes to story telling.

I think passive phases for a player should be around 4-5 minutes at most and only if it's absolutely necessary. I honestly think you could get your story across by editing out a good 40% of the text you have right now. A writer in Canada once explained that his editor would ask him to practice getting ideas and emotions across by using less words and weighing whether each word and sentence really moves the story forward.

I think it would have been possible for Lyla's story. You could have her fight guards in the desert right after the old man is done talking.

Positives:

1. Player is not passive anymore.
2. You can show off your battle mechanics right away.
3. There's some action right in the first minutes of the game which is not a bad thing in my book.

So you see, it's only a minor thing and it would really help the story telling in your game in my opinion.

The auction could also be shortened, there's really no point in making this longer than necessary.

I also hope the one eyed guy in the future doesn't end up as a Guts clone. Your game deserves better.

Again, just my opinion.

Remember Final Fantasy IV & VI for the SNES? Great introductions: you had a little background and were immediately in control: Cecil and his fight on the airship and Terra and her fight in the caverns (+exploration phase).
Yeah I like when you can get in control of your character as soon as possible. I remember that being one of the key things in Chrono Trigger (and even Chrono Cross) that I liked. Easing the player into the game with a playable introduction seems to be the way to go =D
On the video for Parallel, you said that nobody probably cares but that you switched because fraps doesn't work on xp. I'm actually interested and would like to know what program you used to record each of the videos. Please let me know, thanks!
Hey Creation, I was wondering if you could possibly do a "Pass or Fail" or Dragon Fantasy: Origins. The demo was accepted recently, and I want to have some fun with that fact as well as gather some feedback for when I go back to working on it.

Here's the gamepage: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1733/

Hopefully the graphical style doesn't make you turn your heard from it. Ahaha. =X
Creation
Dragon Fantasy: Origins by Ephiam

@S_M: I use FRAPS for RPG Maker 2000-2003 games and Camtasia Studio for RPG Maker VX-XP games.
Cool. I'm glad you liked it. You traveled too far East though, and in to territory that you shouldn't have ventured in to at that time. But that's the best way to learn! Through experience. Seeing people get lost actually makes me a tad happy, because I thought the maps were too... simple. Ahaha.

I meant to add in a dialogue box with instructions on choosing your party as there was for the main Hero, but of course I overlooked that. It will be in there for the final game though, so no worries! And the Priests are the Inns of the game, and recover your HP/MP/Status when they recover you.

Thanks for the video! And the download. =O
DFO looks amazing! Great video!
Creation
By the way, I've decided to grant the ''originality badge
'' to Dragon Fantasy: Origins as I think it's well deserved.

I'm available for another P&F.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
As soon as I can get a demo up and going,would you be willing to try my Eriscadia game? Its always good to have someone else play your game so you can see what you might need to fix/scratch or what.
Creation
Of course you can, every game which is submitted by anyone will be played. Doesn't matter who or what game it is.
Good job on these PoFs Creation.
Less time doing whatever, more time focusing on important things, and that's definitely more enjoyable to watch compared to Let's Tries.
InfectionFiles
Hey man, if you have the free time and not doing any other PoFs, could you give the new Infection a shot?
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2431/
If you decide too, you can always just replace the old video with the new one, so there isn't two on the lists.
The games are quite different imo, so it won't be a duplicate for ya. (the demo is actually perfect for a PoF)
Creation
@heisenman:
Thanks!

@Infection:
I'd rather give a prioprity to new users. If one submits their game for a while (like a week or two) then I'll try the new version of your game.
Creation
*double quote*
InfectionFiles
Sounds good!
-wards off other users- :P