3.0 star game: 160
3.5 star game: 280
4.0 star game: 340
4.5 star game: 400
5.0 star game: 500

Event contest entry: 50
Event contest winner: 100
Game featured: 75

I think that's everything. Makerscore is defined right in the code, so I had to hunt through it to find the values that are being used.

A game marked as completed gets a 50% bonus in makerscore.

EDIT:
As for average star ratings, they are only calculated when a review is approved, denied or deleted. When I implemented my "round up" fix, I used Frog as my test game, since I knew that it was having the round-up problem.

You would have to get a review for Sore Losers denied and reapproved for the average score to work, and then you have to wait until the overnight makerscore calculations to see the change in MS.
Gotta collect all the McDonald's 'm's. That's what I think the symbol looks like, kind of.
author=Fallen-Griever
So it's not broken... it's just a ridiculous jump. Fair enough!

EDIT:

2 + 18 + 15 + 15 + 25 + 25 + 60 + 120 + 60 + 60 + 100.

I take that back, that sequence is definitely broken...
It's the jump from Average to Above Average I guess!
author=Fallen-Griever
As for average star ratings, they are only calculated when a review is approved, denied or deleted. When I implemented my "round up" fix, I used Frog as my test game, since I knew that it was having the round-up problem.

You would have to get a review for Sore Losers denied and reapproved for the average score to work, and then you have to wait until the overnight makerscore calculations to see the change in MS.
I know this. Isn't there a way to manually reset them all, though? A lot of older games that are unlikely to get new reviews are going to have lower star-ratings than newer games with the exact same average rating... kinda unfair.
Well, it is possible. Ankylo and I were looking at adding "recalculate the average score" code to the overnight calculations...

but you know where that stands now.
How does Makerscore affect locker space?
author=Strangeluv
How does Makerscore affect locker space?
You start with 10485760 bytes (10mb), and for every point of makerscore, you get another 40920 bytes. (40kb, or 0.04mb)

If you are a Staff member, you get double the space for makerscore.

EDIT:
so, I should have 241151800 bytes of space in my locker. And I see that it says 241.2 mb of space in my locker.

So.... I see that WIP is using the wrong conversion factor for the display of the maximum space in my locker, and that would explain GRS's discrepancies when he tries to add a file that shouldn't exceed the space limit in his locker, but it gives an error when he tries.

According to this byte converter site:
http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/repository/javascripts/2001/04/41291/byteconverter.htm
...I in fact have 229.98028 mb of space available.
Why don't you guys add Makerscore by review instead of by "reviewed game"? Like a 4 star review nets 200 Makerscore; a 3 star review nets 100 Makerscore, etc.?

What happens to files in your locker if your Makerscore decreases!!
Nothing. If your makerscore drops your locker size below what's already in there you just can't upload new files until you get free space again.
author=Strangeluv
Why don't you guys add Makerscore by review instead of by "reviewed game"? Like a 4 star review nets 200 Makerscore; a 3 star review nets 100 Makerscore, etc.?

What happens to files in your locker if your Makerscore decreases!!
I'm not part of "you guys", so I don't make those kinds of decisions, but that being said I think it is a pretty cool idea.

And, I don't think anything happens to the files! I think that you just won't be able to add new files.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Strangeluv

I don't like this idea. Don't award reviewers more points for giving someone a higher star review please. Your games are obviously better if they're better, but a review is equally helpful whether the game turns out to be any good or not. I don't want people to artificially inflate the scores they give to games because it nets them more points personally. I want them to be honest.

Edit: I did notice that I got extra makerscore when I uploaded two versions of my game, a .zip version and a .exe version. That's... probably not intended. Points for downloads should probably be limited to once per game.
I don't want people to artificially inflate the scores they give to games because it nets them more points personally. I want them to be honest.

These are points the game author gets, not you (the reviewer). I hope.
Yeah I was talking about the author of the games would get the points, not the reviewer. The reviewer would get the standard 20 Makerscore.
But why should a game be worth more just because it gets more attention? I mean, under that system, a 3.5 star game (200m + 100m) would be worth as much as a 5 star game? (300m)(Assuming it keeps going up in hundreds, but you get my point). Or a game that gets blasted with low reviews would become worth more the more bad reviews it got? I don't think that would be a good system, honestly. I don't see the point of rewarding people for having more reviews.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=WolfCoder
Gotta collect all the McDonald's 'm's. That's what I think the symbol looks like, kind of.

considering the subject matter of the RMN chain game, this could soon be a reality.
I loved M.C. Kids *loads up NES emulator*
Pages: 1