GOOD GAMES WITHOUT HEAVY PROFANITY?

Pages: first 1234 next last
What are some good, long (20 hours+) RPG Maker games without ridiculous profanity?
i would recommend to you legion's games but even i am not so cruel

you should play hero's realm! it's right here on this website!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
The Sword and the Fish is wonderfully shitty. Legacies of Dondoran is okay if you can stand the worst end-game in any RM* game/RPG ever.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I would highly recommend Everlong if you haven't already played it and wouldn't mind downloading a 100+ MB game. If you're looking for a game that doesn't push grinding down your throat (actually discourages it), boss skills done right, and a gripping yet simple storyline, this is also a suggestion.
Last Scenario and Exit Fate are basically the kings of RM games. There's a ton to do in both games and neither have heavy profanity.
Craze
GreatRedSpirit
Last Scenario and Exit Fateare basically the kings of RM games. There's a ton to do in both games and neither have heavy profanity.

How the hell did I forget the best RM* games ever?
Good stuff. Thanks. I downloaded them all.

Edit: I'm not sure about Everlong. My favorite thing in RPGs is grinding, and it seems after a certain level in each area, encounters stop happening? :|
author=Peaceful_Chaos
My favorite thing in RPGs is grinding

..whaa?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Natook
author=Peaceful_Chaos
..whaa?

I didn't think it possible, either.

That'd be like saying, "my favorite part of a fight is me getting punched in the face, followed by bending over to pick up the teeth that fly out of my head."
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
My favorite part of growing up was when my dad got really drunk and made me drink battery acid

So this is the thread where we all shamelessly self-plug right? Pretty sure my game has no profanity. The tutorial battle is by far the most violent and inappropriate part of the entire game, so you'll know in the first 2 minutes whether you can stand it or not! If that doesn't make you turn it off, nothing else later will.
HE SAID GOOD GAMES LOCKE

I would say do not play everlong because it is incredibly boring and also rape backstory lol!!

author=Natook
author=Peaceful_Chaos
..whaa?

Your avatar... is from one of the sickest hentai comics ever made.
And yours is a demonic being of evil who enjoys war... :P

That said, FF Endless Nova was pretty long, right? And it wasn't too bad for a FF fangame. Also, Final Fantasy High was long. It was... okay-ish.

Wings of Time - time travel, anyone?
War of Two Worlds - picks up partway through
Three the Hard Way - <3
The Way series - a series that will either make you a rabid fan or make you hate it. You never know until you finish it.
Craze
I think Three the Hard Way has some profanity, but it's not heavy.

PLAY IT.
Yes, my favorite thing in RPGs is grinding. Shocking. :P Story always takes a backseat for me. I enjoy a good story, but if I don't enjoy the battle system, I'm out. When I used to play Final Fantasy VII often, I'd have Blade Beam before even leaving the first reactor.

It's why I like games like Diablo II, Baldur's Gate etc. All there is to do is level up and get gear. <3
Corfaisus
author=LockeZ
So this is the thread where we all shamelessly self-plug right?

Where did you get that idea?

author=Jericho
also rape backstory lol!!

I was just thinking about this. I hate it when people decide "hey, if I make this person an overly-dramatic 'you don't KNOW ME!!!' as-of-recent rape victim, I can throw out all other necessary character flaws that would make them seem realistic enough to sympathize with." just for the sake of making their game deep or dark, or some shit.

Frankly, he could have kept with the blank slate Julia from earlier versions and it wouldn't have been as jarring.
I wasn't aware that there were that many RPGs with heavy profanity.

I grew up in a different era...
There are. I've played a few RPG Maker games and in the first few minutes I see an F-bomb or two..so I stop playing. :p

Now if we're talking console RPGs, not really. Unless it's a modern western RPG.
Pages: first 1234 next last