SO, FINAL TEAR 3

So I guess a couple of hateful reviews and a "let's hate" topic teaming up people to destroy the game (successfully, cause it was removed from the site) wasn't enough, someone had to create a topic like this.

This topic right now is almost as big as Leo and Leah's gameprofile (in terms of posts), which has been up since July 2010, is a very nice game and is now featured.

Also worth noting that Final Tear had more reviews, etc.

Just an example, I could name a few other good games that don't get nearly as much attention.

Now can someone please tell me what's the point?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
He claimed his game's other reviews were actually removed (presumably by the RMN mods) which was the last straw for him. I don't know if they were removed because there was evidence to suggest he wrote them himself, or if he's lying or just wrong about the removal of those reviews, or if the authors are the ones who took them down, or what. I'd like to know more about that, as it does actually seem unfair for all his game's good reviews to be deleted, unless there were some seriously problematic circumstances.
author=kentona
I would like to read the review, and know the score you gave it, that it caused such ruckus that the game's creator made the decision to take down the game.

The true reason for the creator's final drive to take down his game was the fact that the other two reviews with 4 stars or so (by lordsummon and another guy) were taken down, leaving strangeluv's and ganonfrog's reviews which both have a score of 1. The reviews with 4 stars are indeed taken down, by the way.
THIS TOPIC IS VERY LONG AND BORING AND TERRIBLE
You'll have to ask Karsuman about that....
It's like a bad movie, you guys. Just because we think it's awful doesn't mean we don't want to see the end of it. It's hilariously bad, and people are having fun in seeing how bad it is... the fact that the creator is so adamant in defending the quality of his game is just icing on the bad-cake. I mean, there are objectively bad qualities about the game, this is inarguable.

I just want to know how it ends. What is with the penis ship?
author=geodude

I would like for all of us to stop discussing Final Tear 3 and to divert our eyes to the stunning RMN frontpage... like... right to the left of "The Latest" ;)
incidentally it was mentioned earlier but

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Strangeluv
I would like for all of us to stop discussing Final Tear 3 and to divert our eyes to the stunning RMN frontpage... like... right to the left of "The Latest" ;)

Dragon Ball - Ultimate ShowDown Demo 1.0 ?
author=calunio
So I guess a couple of hateful reviews and a "let's hate" topic teaming up people to destroy the game (successfully, cause it was removed from the site) wasn't enough, someone had to create a topic like this.

This topic right now is almost as big as Leo and Leah's gameprofile (in terms of posts), which has been up since July 2010, is a very nice game and is now featured.

Also worth noting that Final Tear had more reviews, etc.

Just an example, I could name a few other good games that don't get nearly as much attention.

Now can someone please tell me what's the point?

I wasn't creating a hate topic. I simply created a topic stating that the game was removed from the site. I never flamed the guy. I pointed out things I didn't like in his game and moved on. For some reason though, flame wars always break out in my topics.
LockeZ
It's because your avatar is Snow and his face just inspires people to great rage
author=Strangeluv
The game is terrible but it's not the worst. Putting aside Yankee_Doodle.mid playing for an entire 30 minutes in the first town, appalling spelling and grammar to the point of hilarity, systems that barely make sense, the longest and most narmy introduction you can find in an RPG Maker game and the game's self-proclaimed 150 hour length, it is still not the worst. There are many projects that could use a bashing instead of this one, such as The New Disciples. But until the creator, newdisciples, acts like an ass about feedback and asks his buddies to write him up two 5-star reviews comparing it to Inception and Shutter Island, most likely he's going to be safe from all of this.

Thanks for the name drop. I do solemnly swear not to write positive reviews for ND. I will say this though, most of the people bad talking my project haven't even tried it. It only has 123 downloads for christ's sake.

About this whole FT3 business though, this site does have a tendency to latch onto a project and beat it (and its creator) down until their reputation is completely dead. Legendary Legend, anyone? This just seems to be the next target in RMN's cruel cycle of hatred.

P.S. Strangeluv,
you start out the review by suggesting that the creator was abused as a child. It's hard to take you seriously after that, especially when the novel I read of yours begins with two guys masturbating with each other, until one of them up and kills the other out of nowhere.
author=LockeZ
He claimed his game's other reviews were actually removed (presumably by the RMN mods) which was the last straw for him. I don't know if they were removed because there was evidence to suggest he wrote them himself, or if he's lying or just wrong about the removal of those reviews, or if the authors are the ones who took them down, or what. I'd like to know more about that, as it does actually seem unfair for all his game's good reviews to be deleted, unless there were some seriously problematic circumstances.

Exactly, you and me both. This is really the only thing I also kind of wonder about this project.

I actually like so-bad-its-awesome video games and this game is much better than horrible- it's transcendent... If only I get a chance to find out if I'm right! It's a shame he removed the game, I was going to recommend people to play it.
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=geodude

obafemi martins doing backflippes as he wins us the league cup is infinitely more interesting than RM drama

you're going to have to come up with a spectacular avatar to top that
author=WolfCoder
author=LockeZ
Exactly, you and me both. This is really the only thing I also kind of wonder about this project.

I actually like so-bad-its-awesome video games and this game is much better than horrible- it's transcendent... If only I get a chance to find out if I'm right! It's a shame he removed the game, I was going to recommend people to play it.

Y'know, I played Final Tear 1, and that sums it up. It was actually entertaining as hell with the "all your base r belong to us" type dialogue, and I wanted to play further than I did. The only thing that prevented me from doing so was that it was too grind heavy and the learning curve was too steep. That's why it bothers me that so many people chased him off the site, I enjoyed that game more than I do most other rm games here. It may have been bad, but was a fuck load more entertaining than some of the more acclaimed titles here.
author=geodude
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=geodude
obafemi martins doing backflippes as he wins us the league cup is infinitely more interesting than RM drama

you're going to have to come up with a spectacular avatar to top that

This is the best I've got.

Still not half as amazing.
Yeah you think his horse could have just jumped over it.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Some guy doing backflips is not all that amazing. Watch the Olympics. Hell, watch Cheerleading.

Some guy sliding under a truck on a horse is pretty awesome though
I said it was my last post that was a lie. I was wondering how the guy who posted that thug screen shots got those wonderful fonts in my game.