RMN CLOSING DOWN APRIL 2ND

Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=InfectionFiles
author=boobledeeboo
why not hand it down to kenton?

this!!! do this! we can keep the dream alive. and if any help is needed for hosting, i'm sure everyone would chip in. i know i would at least. i mean this site has been hosting all our crap for literally nothing.

cool quote bro (:
lol I am not stronger willed than WIP
author=Akiratatsuba
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tidus: Hey you! Don't stand there! All of this is your fault! Gettin' swallowed by Final Tear! Ending up here in RRR! Not being able to go back to RMN--everything, everything! I'm telling you, it's all your fault!

spoiler: final tear is jecht
author=kentona
lol I am not stronger willed than WIP

You have the unique talent of being completely un-hateable.
I am genuinely sad... It really hurts... x x x
I'll lose hope when it's already April 2nd and he still doesn't change his mind. :(

Lulu: No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew. !!
i vote we move from bad video game quotes to bad metaphors. perhaps they will convince wip, since argumentation and angry words seem to be failing

guys the unusually intelligent bees in my backyard are upset about me planning to destroy their hive because i'm sick of maintaining it
dialogue thus far has failed
they are stinging me
why are bees such assholes, guys :(
I know that I am not an active member, but I am genuinely saddened and will miss this site. Spent many sundays reading through countless blog posts and endlessly refreshing the forum.

You should be very pleased with everything you did with this site, it was fantastic. Cheers!
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Necrile
Well, WIP..here are your 3 options:

1. Close down the site, resulting in being one of the biggest dicks on the internets (yes your name will live in infamy).

Highly doubt that, sorry.

author=Necrile
4. Hand reigns over to Kenton or Karsu (who from what I've seen run the site anyway).

That is incorrect
I really am going to miss the game pages. I felt as though this website was the most successful in that area compared to other sites.

All good things must come to an end, I suppose... I do agree that some members had their heads firmly up their asses, but that's a given with any message board. If you ignore the e-drama, I found the website to be very enjoyable.

It just kinda sucks for me because this is the only RM website I frequently visit. The other sites don't really have the same ~impact~ for me.

Did you read the title of this thread?
I'm with WIP. You don't need the headaches this site causes. Put it in your portfolio though. Its still a great system.
author=Necrile

Did you? Its most obviously an april fools prank, but so far its a pretty great one since all of you are falling for it.
If its a april fools prank, its a terrible one seeing as everyone is leaving...
author=Kaps_Locke
author=Necrile
Did you? Its most obviously an april fools prank, but so far its a pretty great one since all of you are falling for it.

WIP stated in the post that he realizes it is close to April Fool's and didn't want anyone to misconstrue that. So um, yeah.

OK, I'm a little late to the party, but I'll throw my two cents in.

RMN is a fantastic site. EVERY community website, no matter what, has some "troublemakers" on it, especially when forums are thrown into the mix. But this is such a small problem that I don't understand why anyone would list it as a factor in a site closing down.

WIP, your choice is your choice, and you have your reasons for coming to that choice, and I respect that 100%. With that said, let me just throw this out there.

I have space that I pay for (unlimited space, unlimited bandwith), and I WILL HOST RMN FREE OF CHARGE FOR HOWEVER LONG RMN WANTS TO BE HOSTED. If WIP wishes to administrate, or kentona, or Karsuman, or Magi, or WHOEVER, it doesn't matter to me. I will provide a permanent home for RMN if that is acceptable to the administration. I'll even pick up the bill for domain forwarding to keep the URL and all that. I've read through this thread and I see dozens of members that are genuinely upset that this place will be gone, and that's a testament to what RMN means to it's community.

In that respect, I am glad to help and will do it without hesitation.
WIP : Spoiler warning: bad things are going to happen because of this topic.

So he did actually warn people O.o Sorry I'm a little late with this Final Tear thing.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
author=WCouillard
author=Kaps_Locke
author=Necrile
WIP stated in the post that he realizes it is close to April Fool's and didn't want anyone to misconstrue that. So um, yeah.

OK, I'm a little late to the party, but I'll throw my two cents in.

RMN is a fantastic site. EVERY community website, no matter what, has some "troublemakers" on it, especially when forums are thrown into the mix. But this is such a small problem that I don't understand why anyone would list it as a factor in a site closing down.

WIP, your choice is your choice, and you have your reasons for coming to that choice, and I respect that 100%. With that said, let me just throw this out there.

I have space that I pay for (unlimited space, unlimited bandwith), and I WILL HOST RMN FREE OF CHARGE FOR HOWEVER LONG RMN WANTS TO BE HOSTED. If WIP wishes to administrate, or kentona, or Karsuman, or Magi, or WHOEVER, it doesn't matter to me. I will provide a permanent home for RMN if that is acceptable to the administration. I'll even pick up the bill for domain forwarding to keep the URL and all that. I've read through this thread and I see dozens of members that are genuinely upset that this place will be gone, and that's a testament to what RMN means to it's community.

In that respect, I am glad to help and will do it without hesitation.

I'll help you do whatever it takes to get this off the ground. Let's not let it end here.
author=Kaps_Locke
this thread makes me lol

author=WIP
On April 2nd I am going to shut the site down. I realize that it falls very close to April Fools, but I wanted to give people notice to move their information. I have no plans to shutter the IRC channel.

I think that's a pretty straightforward way of saying, "This isn't an April Fool's prank." Until then, we as the RMN community members have to take any announcements by it's administration seriously.