RMN CLOSING DOWN APRIL 2ND

What ever will become of the Misaos... ?
They'll probably go back to Queen's Court (FinalDragon's site), like they were from 2004-2007.
I didn't even think about that ;_; It was kinda a dream of mine to win a Misao..
Though I came very late to join the community, I will be sad to see this go, I always came sometimes since I was a young teenager. :-(
UPRC
Exciting, but ultimately pointless.
author=BurningTyger
Well somebody volunteer. I hate to say this but should we ally with our "enemy" to keep this going? After all GW/SW is still afloat- maybe we can hitch on to them.
But that's the thing...

RMN is soon to be deceased within a month. Salt World is not deceased and is supposedly going to eventually become something grand according to Drule.

RMN is more active by a significant margin despite being placed on it's death bed by WIP.

Joining up with Salt World, nothing against the place, would just be adding to it's stagnant community that, really, isn't going to go anywhere ever again. It makes a lot more sense to hold out and hope that WIP does indeed keep RMN alive.
This is complete bullshit. So many games are going to be damned near impossible to find now because...what? People aren't being a bunch of positive-ass pussy motherfuckers? People wouldn't play by your rules, so you're taking your ball and going home?

Well, whatever. The only thing that matters is you're screw over a lot of people with your drama queen crap, pal. So since I somehow doubt anyone's actually going to get off their ass and DO anything, here's a forum I started out of sheer spite for this crap:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Game_Crap/index.php

RMN refugees, post your game crap there. Not much, but I can guarentee I'm never taking it down because I'm a damned drama queen.

-Tabris
RMN doesn't need to be absorbed by some other website with a history of sucking like Gaming World.

What it needs is to either A) stay open right where it is or B) get itself hosted by me. We all agree that we don't want it going anywhere.
gamebutts.com

crap your games out all over my face
This place is the best for RPGMaker games. Why not just ban those members who are making you shut it down instead of shutting it down? Why do those who didn't do anything to deserve it have to pay for other people's actions?
UPRC
Exciting, but ultimately pointless.
author=WCouillard
RMN doesn't need to be absorbed by some other website with a history of sucking like Gaming World.

What it needs is to either A) stay open right where it is or B) get itself hosted by me. We all agree that we don't want it going anywhere.

Well that's just not fair to say since GW used to be fantastic back in the day. But yeah, it was pretty bad for the past little while leading up to the change to Salt World. Now it's just some barely alive site with an awful name.

I do agree that RMN should not go anywhere though. That was a pretty bad proposal.
This is just incredibly depressing. There is a lot of talent on this site, and without it a lot of people are just going to quit and it's a shame. I've been sad all day. I haven't even been a member of this site for that long. With my old account, I think around January 2010, but it still sucks incredibly bad.
author=UPRC
author=WCouillard

Well that's just not fair to say since GW used to be fantastic back in the day. But yeah, it was pretty bad for the past little while leading up to the change to Salt World. Now it's just some barely alive site with an awful name.

I do agree that RMN should not go anywhere though. That was a pretty bad proposal.

In my experience, no matter what timeframe it was, Gaming World was chock full of elitist pre-teen cretins. Anyway, the state of past or current Gaming World isn't the issue.
I wish WIP would reconsider. I'm not going to say he should, precisely - I'm sure I don't know everything that went into the decision, but if nothing else running something like this can be a big drain on time and energy people want to use on other things sometimes.

Even without getting into where we touch on other genres, I think this is the best, most useful RM or indie RPG site around. Even - I know it's popular and in some ways justified to bash the forums, but I don't really see the level and variety of RPG design discussion we have in the game design forums at other places.

I owe WIP and Holbert a fair bit, going back nearly 6 years to when they let me mooch some random space to put up my game, before anything of current RMN existed. (If not more - did I have any earlier demos up here?) And though my activity level has varied, it's always been good to have RMN around - so, thanks, WIP.

That said, especially because it has been successful enough to become the first point of call (e.g., who does TVTropes link to for RM games? Not RRR...) and has built up quite an archive, I hope you do consider a bit more of an exit strategy than just nuking the site. Handing it over, making the data available in a way that someone can use it, asking for some particular support, or something else - I'm not sure what exactly you'd find most palatable. Having spent years with it, I'm sure you at least want to end things in a way you won't regret later.

And no, I don't know a decent web designer off-hand. If that's the single key to RMN's salvation I might need a bit more of a clue. =)
kentona
Your mom is a hero
author=WCouillard
author=UPRC
author=WCouillard

In my experience, no matter what timeframe it was, Gaming World was chock full of elitist pre-teen cretins. Anyway, the state of past or current Gaming World isn't the issue.

I was one of those cretins! But i turned out okay.
I was a cretin for about five days when I left to follow Hero's Realm at GL
So we have someone willing to host the entire website forever, but that isn't good enough?

If this isn't enough, I don't know what to say. I wouldn't have ever called WIP selfish before now, but if destroying a community to ensure the domain stays untainted (OR WHATEVER) because he doesn't trust someone else to take the day-to-day operations that's just ridiculous.
To be fair, WIP didn't come back on the forums after I made that offer and say, "no." He didn't acknowledge it, actually.
kentona
Your mom is a hero
Hosting really isn't an issue, afaik. RMN has a pretty sweet setup in that regard.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Hosting has never been an issue, even when I paid for it out of pocket for like six years. RMN actually generates revenue now under the current structure.
Aww man this sucks and i just registered today after i download alot of stuff on here and seen all the hardwork people put in their games i was starting to like it. -Sigh-