DOES IT SHOCK YOU THAT THERE ARE RM GAMES OUT THERE THAT MATCH COMMERCIAL ONES?

Pages: first prev 12 last
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
You'd get more downloads if you sold your game because chances are you'd actually have marketing. See: Deadly Sin.
I don't need to sell my games, because I have a job.
Instead I get money for doing sports. o/
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Too many cooks spoil the broth *shot*
You might have a job, but selling a game would be a supplimental income :-) Make 2 incomes while only working 1. Like now the Minecraft guy is set for life. He quit his job because his little hobby people paid $10 for made $10,000,000+. Sure that's a grand scale, but there's a lot of other lesser known games with nice followings that score game makers $60,000 per year.

I'm just throwing out ideas :-) No one has to take them.
Sounds like a get rich quick scheme.
Actually my friend nicolau (not calunio, it's another RMer named nicolau.) started to RM because of that. Oh, he also tries to hack bank accounts.

But yeah, I think it's not bad to sell an indie game. I mean, if you put your life into it, you're doing something instead of earning money. You might as well earn a little reward from the people who're consuming the fruits of your hard work. But you don't need to get rich, I for example wouldn't sell a game for 10 dollars. For 1 dollar max, or put some sort of donation thing. And get to distribute my games freely. Because hey, I need to eat. I might do this on the future, but I have plans for not needing to. (I want to work professionally* and stuff, so I won't really need.)

*Make concept art and stuff for formal games / sell my manga projects (when done), etc.
Pages: first prev 12 last