FAVORITE DR. WHO DOCTOR AND EPISODE?

Pages: 1
I started watching the show Dr. Who a little while back starting with Eccelstein's 9th doctor up to to Tennant's 10th doctor and then I worked backward to the other Doctors.

My favorite Doctor is David Tennant so far. I really like the way he talks his way out of most situations, not because he's scared but because he doesn't want to hurt anyone, and he can hurt them *cough* Rachnos* cough*. Unlike a lot of people I know, I even liked how he went out at the end of "The End of Time". Favorite episode for me is definitely "The Family of Blood".

Just wanted to see what others thought, post your favorite Doctor and episode.
Whoa hell yeah! Lets have a whochat.

When I was a kid my dad would rent videotapes of old Doctor Who shows, usually from the Tom Baker period. Some were great (City Of Death!) and some were kind of boring but every one had at least one moment which would absolutely terrify me and make me lose sleep. I am of the firm conviction that for everyone who watched old Doctor Who as a little kid there was at least one moment which mentally scarred them for life and I think this is the greatest service that family programming can provide. Mine were

- Genesis Of The Daleks when there's some closet filled with uh germ warfare?? in the dalek base and the doctor walks in and staggers out covered in horrible green seaweed things aaaaa

- Horror Of Fang Rock THE ENTIRE THING holy shit. it was this very claustrophobic thing that all happened in an isolated lighthouse surrounded by thick fog. it was menaced by an electric monster that killed you if you touched it! my chief memory was of this huge glowing green blob slowly creeping up the lighthouse stairs and there was no other way down and they were forced to retreat to the very top. it freaked me out because my room was on the first floor and there was only one stairs down and if a blobmonster rolled up then----!

- The Seeds Of Time: the first section of this took place on an arctic base where the scientists had uncovered this strange plantseed thing which turned them into plantpeople. it was basically THE THING with some david cronenberg thrown in. i was too terrified to finish watching it but i remember obsessing over the back of the box where it showed one of the plantmen looming at the camera and in the background was buckingham palace or something and all the signs seemed to indicate a plantmen takeover of earth!!

A little later the local irish language channel (a haven for bizarre programming choices!) started broadcasting episodes from the Jon Pertwee run. Maybe it was the fact that it was in black and white and that he was older / sterner and the whole thing was part of running plot of the master's attempts to rule the earth iirc but it always seemed a lot grimier and more menacing! there was an appeal to that although i never got to watch a lot of it. it was always incredibly cool to be flicking between channels and suddenly hear insane bbc radiophonic orchestra music pop out too

this is the best. throbbing gristle doff caps in awe jesus christ

edit: ps i have a huge crush on delia derbyshire (who did the original theme song)

this is begging to be sampled in a hiphop song
i'm glad someone else thinks genesis of the daleks was great! that era is pretty amazing as it stands - the sontaran experiment followed by genesis of the daleks followed by revenge of the cybermen B)

just like to leave my favourite version with you

Pages: 1