NEW RESOURCES FROM ENTERBRAIN!

Pages: first 123 next last
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201102/25040865.html
http://ebten.jp/p/4582350663020/
http://tkool.jp/products/material/sample.html

They cost $30, the facesets clash with the rtp, (x_x) and the entire pack is feudal Japan, but I'm actually tempted to get this for its many (admittedly uninspiring) enemies. Hell, I might make a game set in Japan for fun if I do pick it up.

So, who might buy it, who doesn't want it, who's just going to steal it from someone's resource folder?
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Im gunna steal it from whoever buys it...
Thanks watermark I get a free boat.
I wonder if this is how Enterbrain is going to make bank instead of making another rpg maker program every couple years
Simple, it won't be. This looks like one of the easiest to steal products I've ever seen, I'll be surprised if they make much money off of this.
LEECH
As soon as one person buys it, everyone gets it. They make $30. Big Woop.
Right, because it's not like you can pirate any software they release anyway. The only difference is people around here don't seem to mind stealing resources as much as they do actual software. (although, when it's stealing from a resource pack, to put into the engines made by the people releasing the resource pack...)(and I guess the 2k3-people don't mind stealing software either... God I can see why Enterbrain don't even try it's not worth it)
It's very easy to steal but I'm guessing Enterbrain is trying to find ways to start a "DLC" business model.
LEECH
People pirate software, but most people seem to prefer to buy it. (damn you $80 for VX)
Resources however, are just well. Its a pretty picture. Enterbrain should just be giving them out free to people who have bought the program.
Enterbrain should just be giving them out free to people who have bought the program.

They are, just wait for someone to make a game themed in Supernatural Japan and there you go.
LEECH
Yep. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I'd pay $30 to have these for a project (I've considered making feudal japan games) BUT the problem is that everyone else is going to use them and that is going to make them a lot less special. These sprites are going to show up in so many projects that when people see them, they're going to look at the creator like he made Ralph the hero.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Because that many resources surely doesn't take any work!
Yeah, if you commissioned that much art, you wouldn't be looking at a $30 price tag.
I'm gonna purchase the resources.
I say that because since they provide so much material, it's practically a new RTP, and since no-one else is planning on getting it any time soon (I think) it seems like a good idea.
Of course, it'd mean me starting a new project with all the material in which would take around 2 weeks to complete, left unencrypted for anyone to grab the resources. Yay.
author=Craze
Because that many resources surely doesn't take any work!

author=Pokemaniac
Yeah, if you commissioned that much art, you wouldn't be looking at a $30 price tag.

ofc. I never said that it wouldn't take work or cost a lot to commission. The point is that they're going to end up like the rest of the rtp.

ps. I have nothing against using rtp. One of my favorite things to do when I get a new rpg maker program is to look at all the character graphics and start thinking about how I can use them. The problem is that graphics look a lot more exciting the first time you see them than they do the 100th time.
I'll buy them. I support the company.

edit >> Looking at them. I really don't like them. Too Asian.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Pokemaniac

You also wouldn't be looking at a price tag of thousands of dollars. Maybe if I were buying it just for myself, and my game would be the only one using it, I might pay $300 for a commission of this graphics pack. But if ten other people were also going to use it, we'd split the cost. But way more than ten people are going to use this. Hundreds of people are going to use this, if not thousands. So the $30 price, if that is the real price (I can't read Japanese to verify it, but I'm assuming Pokemaniac can, or else he found it in English), is a wee bit absurd.

If it were $3 or $5, and I were making a VX game, I actually wouldn't mind buying it. A lot of people wouldn't mind. We might be cheap-ass resource thieves but we still have a deep appreciation for what it takes to design this crap and are very appreciative to Enterbrain. But with this price tag, no way in hell. $30 is how much I expect to pay for a piece of software, not a few sprites.
You also wouldn't be looking at a price tag of thousands of dollars. Maybe if I were buying it just for myself, and my game would be the only one using it, I might pay $300 for a commission of this graphics pack.
There are loads of characters there, plus loads of facesets, plus loads of enemy graphics, new tiles, etc. It would be in the thousands.

(I can't read Japanese to verify it, but I'm assuming Pokemaniac can, or else he found it in English),
Haha, no, but the place were I found this said $30. The site says something like 3150 yen iirc, which is like $30, isn't it?

If it were $3 or $5, and I were making a VX game, I actually wouldn't mind buying it. A lot of people wouldn't mind. We might be cheap-ass resource thieves but we still have a deep appreciation for what it takes to design this crap and are very appreciative to Enterbrain. But with this price tag, no way in hell. $30 is how much I expect to pay for a piece of software, not a few sprites.
It... isn't a few new sprites. Look at the third link, with all of the stuff in it(which isn't even all the stuff, since the characters still have all their walking animations and whatnot) It is a full RTP, and unlike the default VX RTP, I'd say it's a generous one. You get a lot for your 30 bucks.
I'd be happy to pay for it if I wasn't using an rm2k3 client that was hacked up the wazoo to remove all the limitations.
Pages: first 123 next last