MAFIA?

Everytime I've played this game, the Mafia are very sly and cautious. Mafia don't bandwagon on day one from what I've seen, it's too suspicious and there are too many townies about for them to risk it.

It seems just too perfect for Jericho to be Mafia. *shrug*

to be fair "little mafia guy" every time i play this game I always take initiative so
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I can see what jericho's plan might be so I will have to second the ldida1 vote. If jericho is mafia after all well played good sir

I nominate ldida1
I nominate ldida1

fair enough, just testing the water.
oh god i didn't even realize we had started

okay let me get caught up

edit: okay, so it's day 1 with no information and nothing to go on. rather than rushing to make a lynch, maybe we should use this plan to discuss short- and long-term strategy before we start down a path we can't retrace. some plans are best enacted immediately as if we wait too long we may lose a key player in the meantime,

like in the last game, i still think it's wise for the planners (if we actually have them) to out themselves so that we have two names we can trust. the consequences of this move can only be beneficial: by knowing the planners we'll have two names we can trust to give objective advice free of ulterior motives, and two names we can safely cross off the suspect list.

one point that was brought up in the salem witch trial game was that the mafia could easily impersonate the brothers in order to gain safety from lynching, but this was dismissed as a non-issue. in fact, i think we concluded that it would be a bad move for the dark side since the real brothers/planners could simply counter-claim, and then since two of the four claimants are guaranteed scum we'd have a fifty-fifty shot of wiping them out; at worst we'd lynch two bad guys in three days.

so i'm pretty sure that there's no downside to this course of action, but if anyone sees one, please speak up. and do it fast, because if one of the planners dies while we're goofing off, there's no way to confirm the other. and that would be lousy.

also, still waiting for the answers to jericho's questions.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
ok then... seems like the game makers have spoken...
hope this goes well!

I nominate Idida1
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I'd rather abstain during the first day because ... there is nothing to really go on, though since we can't abstain in this game, and we have to vote:

I nominate ldida1.

I also find Koff's strategy sound enough.
author=Koff
oh god i didn't even realize we had started

okay let me get caught up

edit: okay, so it's day 1 with no information and nothing to go on. rather than rushing to make a lynch, maybe we should use this plan to discuss short- and long-term strategy before we start down a path we can't retrace. some plans are best enacted immediately as if we wait too long we may lose a key player in the meantime,

like in the last game, i still think it's wise for the planners (if we actually have them) to out themselves so that we have two names we can trust. the consequences of this move can only be beneficial: by knowing the planners we'll have two names we can trust to give objective advice free of ulterior motives, and two names we can safely cross off the suspect list.

one point that was brought up in the salem witch trial game was that the mafia could easily impersonate the brothers in order to gain safety from lynching, but this was dismissed as a non-issue. in fact, i think we concluded that it would be a bad move for the dark side since the real brothers/planners could simply counter-claim, and then since two of the four claimants are guaranteed scum we'd have a fifty-fifty shot of wiping them out; at worst we'd lynch two bad guys in three days.

so i'm pretty sure that there's no downside to this course of action, but if anyone sees one, please speak up. and do it fast, because if one of the planners dies while we're goofing off, there's no way to confirm the other. and that would be lousy.

also, still waiting for the answers to jericho's questions.

since apparently planners are just townies that can whisper, I see nothing wrong with this course of action.

LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Shit, how many votes do i have?

Well, i seem to be dead. But yeah, im not mafia...

I no longer nominate Koff

His advice seems good...
(guys stop talking we already have 5 nominations, day is over)
(koff post editing is generally frowned upon in forum mafia, esp. since the day should've ended already. where is rhuan?)
LEECH
author=geodude
. where is rhuan?)

The mafia got him.
author=geodude
(stop talking we already have 5 nominations, day is over)
(i'm pretty certain that i edited it before the fifth vote was cast, but uh regardless
i will make sure not to do it again!)

(edit: whoops)

wait fuck
LEECH
Spoiler: Im not mafia.
Ok, sorry I was asleep.

To answer a question, no I'm not revealing what roles exist in the game. I don't think it is biased actually, note the numbers involved.

The assorted Game Makers have spoken, ldidia's life is at an end, a gallows were erected, and he was brought forward, he didn't try to resist that much, he saw that there was little point, it was a sad day watching him hang, made more sad by the discovery that he was not indeed a member of the mafia, when his belongings were carefully searched a diary was found in which he had been writing down bits of discussion and then analysing it to try and determine who the mafia truly were.

Day 1, ldida1, Game Maker, lynched.

It is now night time, those who have night times roles, please fulfil them.
what numbers? there's 2-3 mafia, day start must lynch no whispering. not only that but we don't even know how many cops/docs we have or even if we have some of both so revealing is even more unsafe. i'm game but this shit is out of whack yo unless the mafia is retarded.

yeah I'm talking but this is ooc rule discussion so you can all deal~
I think the game setup is pretty fair, maybe I'm wrong, lets see how it plays out.
LEECH
Goodbye assholes who lynch me becuase they dont like me.

Anyway, BYE! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

*finally gets around to dying*
Players who die are allowed goodbye posts, that now done:

Waiting on night time PMs before any more posts now please.