THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Grey (#2) with darker grey for shadowing (shaded outlines are <3 ).
#1 black (with #2 being my second choice).

I like hard outlines/contrast.
Um, why not do the darker colour for each colour? So on the blue bits, use the dark blue, on the grey parts use the dark grey/black? Though of those four I'd have to pick either 1 or 2.
s_w: whichever one you use, make sure it's consistent with the background and other sprites.
author=narcodis
s_w: whichever one you use, make sure it's consistent with the background and other sprites.

i'm looking at you megaman x games
author=alterego
Now it's my turn...
http://rpgmaker.net/users/alterego/locker/NightScreens.png

!!
Are you still working on Nightfall...??
I remember favoriting the yt videos a while ago, the game look really really rad.
also I thought it was funny that we used the same charasets and faces in our games, haha. :)
author=mellytan
author=alterego
Now it's my turn...
http://rpgmaker.net/users/alterego/locker/NightScreens.png
!!
the game look really really rad.

I concur.
@alterego: That game looks sweet. Translate to english please! :D

Annnnd here's my latest addition... just working on altering the battle interface. Still got a long way to go on it.

Tau
RMN sex symbol
WCouillard - The only problem I have with that screenshot is the higher res menus and font. Doesn't blend well with the lower res sprites and backgrounds. But that's just something I noticed, if you don't mind it then go hard.

s_w - I can't believe it, you're still making that game. I thought it was gone :)
@Tau: We haven't yet added support for Bitmap fonts, but we will do that for sure at a later date. We've also had more fitting fonts submitted by LockeZ, but for the sake of continuity with our screenshots at RMN, we haven't changed them yet.
Implemented AI finally!

Now I'm working on some new sprites. :)

This hasn't been shaded yet, but I think the shape looks pretty good.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=WCouillard
@Tau: We haven't yet added support for Bitmap fonts, but we will do that for sure at a later date. We've also had more fitting fonts submitted by LockeZ, but for the sake of continuity with our screenshots at RMN, we haven't changed them yet.
If anyone else is interested in pixelated fonts, check out The Game Font Database. Especially useful if you're making a fan game and want to try to get the same font as the original game. But also useful for anyone at all who's making a 16-bit game in an engine that uses real fonts. Of course I recommend the Chrono Trigger font, since I created that one myself. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Depending on the circumstances I'd probably use 2nd or 3rd (3rd because it differentiate the colour best)
however
author=Liberty
Um, why not do the darker colour for each colour? So on the blue bits, use the dark blue, on the grey parts use the dark grey/black? Though of those four I'd have to pick either 1 or 2.

You got me man, I was too lazy to edit individual outline. Yes that would probably be best (and the one method I usually use), but it would be a shitload of work for this sprite sizes. Maybe if I feel like it.

author=narcodis

We hope.
author=Tau
s_w - I can't believe it, you're still making that game. I thought it was gone :)

The Fantasy horror one? I am not sure which you are referring to...

I... don't really kill a project, but store them in a folder for future editings. I still work on sprites for them (depending on mood really). A lot of them are finished (sprites) but probably will be left in dusts. =_=

-----
Thanks!
And uh, I can't see imageshack stuff. But this is not everyone's issue, just thought you guys would like to know.
I can't see imageshack/photobucket stuff either when at work, so I, too, would appreciate it if people used their lockers for screenshots here and their goddamn avatars, too!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
vanit: That's not AI. There is nothing intelligent about attacking constantly. I hope that you include a way to increase ATB speed.

Why not just use the default battle system? I mean, compare these battle screens:

Remakes don't have to look exactly alike. In fact, why bother? Why not do something better, cleaner? What you're doing looks nothing like what Square-Enix would do nowadays.
The RMN lockers are pretty awesome, but if you don't want to use them, try tinypic.com instead.

author=Craze
vanit: That's not AI. There is nothing intelligent about attacking constantly. I hope that you include a way to increase ATB speed.
I should probably qualify that the reason it looks unintelligent is because I've yet to implement animations aside from the generic melee attack that all monsters in FF7 have. The reality is you're looking at a 1:1 implementation of AI scripting system used in the actual FF7 and that video is of the execution of the script for "MP" which is a very basic script. Coupled by the lack of animations, I can understand why you overlooked what was actually happening.

I think you may have misunderstood what it is I've produced. It doesn't just have the appearance of the FF7 battle system. It *IS* the FF7 battle system. Same AI, materia mechanics, attack mechanics, ATB formulas, all status effects, etc. That is why I'm not using the default system or only getting halfway there with scripts in xp/vx.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=Vanit
only getting halfway there with scripts in xp/vx.

Hey. At least Cosplay Crisis looks somewhat original because of that. Plus, FF7's system was flawed in many ways too, so replicating it exactly...meh.

Also you Guard Scorpion pixel is on a funny angle compared to the characters.

I should....probably submit a screenshot I guess...

http://rpgmaker.net/users/SorceressKyrsty/locker/seasalt.PNG

(Ivalicia= name of main continent in CC)
Oh Kyrsty! Sorry that wasn't a nameless swipe at CC, I just get asked that question a lot about why not use VX and the answer just is I wouldn't be able to do modify the default battle system to the extent I want. I've actually looked into your game (like I have with anyones project with ties to FF7) and I like what I see. :)

As for the Guard Scorpion: It is at a slight side angle, but I think if you looked at a screenshot of any battle system you'll see that all monsters are slightly inclined to the screen such that they're easier to draw and to view for the player. :)

ie (I just pulled this off google images)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oops. I guess I over-reacted, sorry about that. I tend to get touchy because I actually tried to replicate FF7's system, and you're right, you'd have to be nuts to actually get it perfect in XP/VX with scripts. I think the lashout might've slightly been jealousy.