THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I don't think you'd be jealous of the time investment required to replicate it. :P
author=mellytan
Are you still working on Nightfall...??
I remember favoriting the yt videos a while ago, the game look really really rad.
also I thought it was funny that we used the same charasets and faces in our games, haha. :)

Oh, hey! The author of Oathguard favoriting my crappy videos? Cool! xD Yeah, I still work in the damn thing every now and then. Also yeah, it's funny, hey? it's like those charas and faces were made for each other; you do a better job at working with them though, I think I mentioned it before but I love all the poses and animations you have done for the charas... Thanks for the nice words though.

Thanks to Space_Monkey and WCouillard as well. =P

Vanit: Damn! I love all that you're doing, man; And at this point I can't really criticize you anything, so just keep up the goddamn good work!

SorceressKyrsty: Nice screen, but is it finished yet? Because the mapping looks kind of empty/plain and could use some more work, try to spice it up with different floor tiles patterns or something.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
why exactly are we precisely replicating games that we could just play on the playstation, again...?
author=Versalia
why exactly are we precisely replicating games that we could just play on the playstation, again...?
Because game making is fun! If someone else is having fun remaking a commercial game, who are we to kibosh that?
Versalia
author=kentona
author=Versalia
Because game making is fun! If someone else is having fun remaking a commercial game, who are we to kibosh that?

Game making is fun, which is why I make my own game/s, instead of getting out the tracing paper.

I don't think you'd be jealous of the time investment required to replicate it. :P

Especially when just trying to copy something is apparently eating up hours and hours.

But if that's how someone chooses to waste their time, you're quite right, it's their choice!
author=Versalia

I wouldn't play the ps version again, but I would play Vanit's version.
Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

if it's literally the same game...

why
Screenshot threads don't mix well with dial up... =(
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why

Its something I'm making as a challenge for myself, and I know its something people will enjoy playing (the reception to what I have posted has been overwhelmingly positive). If you think its a waste of your time to play it then don't, but its not wasting my time and its not wasting anyones time who will enjoy it when they play it.
Versalia
author=Vanit
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why
Its something I'm making as a challenge for myself, and I know its something people will enjoy playing (the reception to what I have posted has been overwhelmingly positive). If you think its a waste of your time to play it then don't, but its not wasting my time and its not wasting anyones time who will enjoy it when they play it.

That's your choice and I already said you're more than welcome to do whatever you please

my question was why would someone play this version and not the PS version if your intent is to make an identical game
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why
If Vanit were to create an effective replica of the game for free, that would near-automatically make his version more approachable, especially when access to the original PSX version is slipping away.
Versalia
author=Corfaisus
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why
If Vanit were to create an exact replica of the game (or even close to it) for free, that would near-automatically make his version more approachable, especially when access to the original PSX version is slipping away.

yeah all those PS ISOs on the internet like the one I just downloaded are swiftly vanishing
Ocean
Resident foodmonster

Waiting for game profile to be approved then I'll post what I got of this for the contest game.
Versalia
Ocean: That Angela edit is ADORABLE, she is like "pew pew I shoot you"

what is that face set from??
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
It was drawn by Marimo for the game :D So I only have one for Adalyn since I had a short deadline.
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why
I think this is exhibit A of why I will not be answering this question for you anymore. You're acting like a little kid saying "But why?" to every answer you're given, and for that reason I think it would be a waste of my time to continue to answer you when you've already made up your mind with your own answer.
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why

Cause it'll be 2D :)
Versalia
author=Vanit
author=Versalia
author=Neok
author=Versalia

why
I think this is exhibit A of why I will not be answering this question for you anymore. You're acting like a little kid saying "But why?" to every answer you're given, and for that reason I think it would be a waste of my time to continue to answer you when you've already made up your mind with your own answer.

You're silly and obviously taking too much personal offense. Someone said "I wouldn't play X, but I would play Y." I asked why. This is not absurd or childish - this is asking someone to provide a reason for their statement. Someone gave me an answer - "because it's free." Well, I have a VALID RESPONSE - so is the other game, since I just downloaded it... for free.

Just because I asked - once - for a reason why you would pick copy A over identical copy B, and found a logical flaw in the reason I was given, doesn't mean I'm being childish. It means I'm being logical and realizing the fault in someone else's counterargument.

Hi there, I'm a discourse of dialogue in which someone poses a point and someone else explains why that point is invalid. My name is Discussion, how are you?

Cause it'll be 2D :)

See, this is a valid response. It points out that the two games are not, in fact, entirely identical. I don't really have an argument for that - this person prefers a 2d format. Done deal.

See how reasonable that is?
author=kentona
Keep in mind that this thread will be monitored and that if it gets out of hand it will be locked and this experiment will be over. So behave.

Take it outside, fellas.

This thread needs more screenshots and less discussion.
Sigh, ah well. There you go. :)

Someone else post a screenshot, I think this thread has had enough FF7 focus for the moment. >.>