THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
You're right, I was disparaging about that, and I apologize. I just feel it would be a waste of my time if it were something I attempted to do, but if it's working for you and people are looking forward to your game, I whole-heartedly approve. A+ work

edit: woops vanit changed his comment
refresher: my opening comments were more dickish than critical

For this Valedictory Game Drive - I'm making my game on-topic and that topic is RAD DOGS.

This is my RAD-CANNON-wielding dude and those are RAD(ioactive) DOGS.

Been spending the day getting the ABS working and now moving on to the grim stuff.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
OK. If ou say so.

I 'm looking forward to trying that nightfall game- In English, mind you.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
@Versalia:
But if that's how someone chooses to waste their time, you're quite right, it's their choice!
yeah all those PS ISOs on the internet like the one I just downloaded are swiftly vanishing
That's probably why he wasn't interested in having a conversation with you (and I would've probably reacted the same way). From an outside perspective, it did seem like you were looking for a fight, just sayin'.

Anyways, I'd like to show off some new things from Oniromancie if that's ok:

Romain68:
That's our wonderboy. I think he's still 16 and he improved *tremendously* in a few years time.

Krashx:

Ephy:

Lünn:

EDIT: From Oniromancie
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Haha, badass lookin' screenshot NewBlack.
you sure do have a knack for creating interesting and fun looking games within a short amount of time.
go finish project tunguska :D
but a couple weeks is better than one in this case!

EDIT:
wow, cool stuff Creation!
Lunn looks awesome, could you point me in its direction?
if it's playable and able to download that is...
Versalia
author=Creation
That's probably why he wasn't interested in having a conversation with you (and I would've probably reacted the same way). From an outside perspective, it did seem like you were looking for a fight, just sayin'.

no you're right, in general I seem to prefer an argument to a discussion without really realizing it (although I appreciate both a good argument and a good discussion).

what is Oniromancie? those are four VERY different screenshots that all look interesting!
Oniromancie? Well, I should've known you'd have been there before, Creation.
I've known that site for years now, they have some pretty good resources.
That weird naked nymph faerie thing always sort of creeped me out, though.

Vers, Oniromancie is some French RM Community. They've been around for some time, but that pesky language barrier kept it from becoming well-known to the English speaking community.
The makers there seem to be very talented, I remember one game was pretty okay, I think it was called "Children of Light"...?

Link is right 'ere : http://www.rpg-maker.fr/
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Well, to be quite honest, we have our share of mediocre games but there would be no point in showing those here.

Lünn is the author, not the game. The game is: Cercle d'Ombre which actually sounds much better in French so I hope the title never gets translated (Circle of Shadows in English). I started translating bits of it a few years ago but he's working slowly so it'll take a while before the game is over. I think he's been working on this for more than 3 years.

Last time I checked, it was about a guy with mental problems who starts to have hallucinations and can't distinguish fiction from reality.
Versalia
Finally, a foreign RM site that's in a language I can actually half-decipher!

Yeah that Lunn one looks really cool. ("Ring of Darkness" is a perfectly acceptable translation, too, and it sounds spo~ooOO~ooky! You know, ring like a synonym for a circle, and not ring like "bague." Hee.) The concept is also really fascinating, as that mirrors some realistic mental disorders... I hope it gets translated or that I can understand a large enough portion of it; it sounds like it might have some great writing (despite the other three screenshots being more eye-catching due to color palette etc).
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Coolness. Also the headshot of the boy in the first screenshot reminds me of Ed from FMA. Ooh, pumpkin tiles!
*Inanity mode*
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=SorceressKyrsty
author=Vanit
only getting halfway there with scripts in xp/vx.
Hey. At least Cosplay Crisis looks somewhat original because of that. Plus, FF7's system was flawed in many ways too, so replicating it exactly...meh.

Also you Guard Scorpion pixel is on a funny angle compared to the characters.

I should....probably submit a screenshot I guess...

http://rpgmaker.net/users/SorceressKyrsty/locker/seasalt.PNG

(Ivalicia= name of main continent in CC)

It's nice to know people from a fantasy universe costly about fantasy characters from games from Earth/reality. I'd like to know how they got ahold of Japanese imports in another reality.
Versalia
author=Dudesoft
It's nice to know people from a fantasy universe costly about fantasy characters from games from Earth/reality. I'd like to know how they got ahold of Japanese imports in another reality.

I would like to see your reaction to Shadow Hearts 2 taking you on a tour of "Europe"
Old outdated screenshot but a screenshot nonetheless:

Also, new building system (fairly old, some things have changed):

Also, the game isn't a monty python remake, that was just an homage :x Sorry to dissapoint.
Versalia
When you first mentioned it, Necrile, micromanaging the pollen in my flowers sounded like the most godawful boring thing ever.

Now that I see an interesting screenshot I kind of want to start cross-pollenating and making new plants

I like that the first shot seems to take place on a particular 'stage' and, cohesively with the second shot, I love the concept of planetoids/islets floating in space. It was a mildly interesting way for Kingdom Hearts/Disgaea/Makai Kingdom to present their various worlds but a very interesting way to present a time-and-resource-management setting like Harvest Moon! The second shot's layout draws me in and makes me want to find out what's going on with these people and islands in the middle of the galaxy.
:o Glad you seem interested. You play as the god of a broken world, so micromanaging is kind of a thing throughout the entire game.
author=Necrile
:o Glad you seem interested. You play as the god of a broken world, so micromanaging is kind of a thing throughout the entire game.

This sounds nice and different.. A little bit ActRaiser though?
Shh! :o I'll try and get v0.8 out before I head off to bootcamp.
Maybe you could clear that first HUD a little more, make the cut-outs of the colored circles correspond with the center one (unless there's some blatant reason for this that I'm missing)

Like this :

Ooh, boot camp~ Sounds like fun. >_>;;
author=Miracle
Maybe you could clear that first HUD a little more, make the cut-outs of the colored circles correspond with the center one (unless there's some blatant reason for this that I'm missing)

Like this :

Ooh, boot camp~ Sounds like fun. >_>;;
I agree, this looks much better. :)
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Nuthin special. But just a battle screen, a test. As I really haven't gotten that stage in the game yet to battle enemies. As you properly won't get out of Kindred City in Part 1 yet.

Just a sec, IE won't let me see the imageshack.us image.

Third guy with the faceset is supposed to be Earnest, i find it really wierd for the portriat picture,(not this faceset) of earnest looking silly with those eyes.

Alex's battleset is temporary, i just can't find any good ones, even so the size of the other characters are large. :p Alice fits perfectly with Rukia's battlechar.

I might actually edit the facesets so I can see the eyes only. Maybe I can also with Earnest's portriat.