THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Deacon Batista
Tons of people here mixed tons of mismatching graphics up (Rudra with Refmap with RTP etc) and nobody cared, even LEO & LEAH DOES BTW, so why complain about Joseph's screen? I find that screen pretty cool.

He changed the screen since he posted it. Like a ninja. It was something way awful before, but now my comment just looks dickish.

It was that background, but without the goblins, and with the 2K3 RTP battlers on the right (standing halfway between tiles and on top of palm trees and crap), and the RMVX RTP slimes on the left (equally awful, and I think one of them was partially in outer space). And the FFTA viera was still standing there facing the slimes, which were three times her size, next to the RTP battlers who were also three times her size.

It was a thing of beauty, I don't know why he changed it.
author=arcan
Oh god that avatar! Deacon must be that guy from chat roulette.

What does chat roulette have to do with Dieter Bohlen?
OH, I'm sorry lockeZ.
I'll post the screen again!
Do not worry! That was just something I was randomly toying with, though. Like a "Lol look."
I do not mean to demoralize you, really. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that way. I just didn't want to have 2 screenshots of mine on the same page. >:

Yes, he is absolutely right. I just plain used the deafult characters, monsters and placement. With a tweaked systemset ; Battlecharset for the viera woman, and battlebackground. So it was like "Hey, I wonder if this could work right?"

LockeZ, I'm so sorry I have changed it.
I'll post it again tomorrow morning. (It's on the Work's PC)

I'm really sorry. >:
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=arcan
Oh god that avatar! Deacon must be that guy from chat roulette.

People still go to chat roulette?, with the guys and dicks, no thanks.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I'd like your honest opinion about this title screen. What do you think about it? What would you change about it?

Do you think it's too simple? Do you mind the black and white? Is there anything you would change?
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
That screen looks awesome XD But, I would blur the slime-hand and rocks a little more like the title font, because it's got a bit of a grainy clash around the edges.
Agreed with Versalia. Even tough I usually like jagged edges, it clashes with the font.
Nonetheless, it's a fun screen! :D

Testing how many picture bullets the poor rm2k3 can handle.
So far well enough with up to 40 of them at the same time
Kazesui, that looks awesome. I'd love to know how you evented all of that or just have any idea how it works!

A abandoned cottage in the middle of an unexplored forest, you may notice some custom graphics mixed with the old ones.

author=NewBlack
Kazesui, that looks awesome. I'd love to know how you evented all of that or just have any idea how it works!
I too would be interested to know what implementation you used, Kazesui. :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Kazesui
RM2K3 can display 50 pictures at once. You can download a patch that makes your game able to display 100 pictures at once - google for rm2k3 picture patch. There might be other patches that make it even higher.

author=JosephSeraph
LockeZ, I'm so sorry I have changed it.
I'll post it again tomorrow morning. (It's on the Work's PC)
Haha, it's okay. I'll live.

@Creation:
I definitely like the black and white. And I definitely like the text. Though I feel like wrists/forearms don't... curve like that. It makes it look more like a tentacle than an arm. Try holding your hand up and bending your wrist at that angle, and you will see that there's only a small curve at your wrist, with your forearm and the back of your hand forming a straight line on either side of it.

@Bonehead11:
Very nice, I definitely appreciate the detail. I am always afraid to add more junk/debris/plant doodads on the ground because I am afraid it will make the maps look cluttered, even though it never does and I almost universally enjoy the effect in other people's games. In this case it makes the forest look very alive. I will say that the tree and fallen log to the right of the stream are kind of too close to each-other, making it look like one absurdly tall tree. (I think that's a fallen log, anyway.) You might just move one of them one tile to the side.
author=LockeZ
author=Kazesui
RM2K3 can display 50 pictures at once. You can download a patch that makes your game able to display 100 pictures at once - google for rm2k3 picture patch. There might be other patches that make it even higher.
I'm pretty sure he meant how many his implementation could handle before it got laggy. And actually the highest a patch can take the limit is 126 pictures. Personally I wish it was more like 250-300, ah well!
Yep, I'm testing how many bullets it can handle before it gets laggy. I could probably have over 100 bullets at the screen at the same time, but I think the rm2k3 would start objecting some time before that, as every bullet also needs to be able to detect if has hit something.

As for my the implementation of the bullets, for the player bullets I'm utilizing the "get event ID" for everything it's worth.
Basically, every bullet checks the tiles around them, and if it finds an enemy event, it uses a call event to call the event with the same ID.

Doing this prevents me from having to go through a big bunch of checks against all enemy coordinates for every iteration of every bullet. Something which would quickly cause lag.

Also, the reason why I need to check the tiles around the bullets and not just it's current is because of how rm2k3 handles tile coordinates. Pretty much as soon as an event decides to go in one direction, it will change it's coordinates, eventhough most of the event is still in the previous tile. So adding some tiles to check as well as a little check with screen relative coordinates within the events you call, I can more precisely determine if the enemy event was hit.

As for the enemy bullets, they pretty much only check if they've hit the hitbox of the ship in terms of screen relative coordinates, so that part of them isn't too complex. The only other thing about them is that they can go at any angle dividable by 3, which adds some variable operations to each of their iterations.

So far it doesn't seem to cause any noticable lag, which is better than I expected. I also think there's still a little room for optimalization.
Have been working on a 72 hr game so far... it looks like this:

I hope it will be fun enough.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I definitely like the black and white. And I definitely like the text. Though I feel like wrists/forearms don't... curve like that. It makes it look more like a tentacle than an arm. Try holding your hand up and bending your wrist at that angle, and you will see that there's only a small curve at your wrist, with your forearm and the back of your hand forming a straight line on either side of it.

That's because it's a slime arm ^__^ (really it is). It's called rise of the slombies because they're slime zombies. This version was an edited version by Shin of my original title screen. There used to me a human arm coming out of the ground by I got called on it because the game involves slimes, not people (which was fair of them to say).

Also, the guy who drew the arm is pretty epic ^___^:

@Ness:
Argh... those sprites look so awesome 0__o'. Any hope you'll release tutorials in the near future? But yeah, if this is ever released, I'll definitely play it. Tacticals are the best.
LockeZ
Wait so the zombies aren't merely coated in slime, but actually made of the stuff?

OK I HAVE TO PLAY THIS GAME
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Have been working on a 72 hr game so far... it looks like this:

I hope it will be fun enough.

I like the sprites, and how they look against the regular sized SD3 graphics.

The few flowers and mushrooms that are above the highlighting grid stick out, however. Are they an object in the fight, or are they meant to be part of the background?

The system looks amazing, though. Job well done.
Basically, the objects are sticking out for a reason it means they're uh interactive :D

The Maps are divided into color coded tiles:

Blue = Homebase

Green = Neutral Area

Red = Enemy Area/Territory

You have rations and money. Rations is decreased for every encounter or certain events. This is required to feed your army. Trigger Points (TP), the blue gem, is how much you can interact with objects found on map. You can find hidden items by observing empty tiles but they will eat your TP unecessarily. When you're about to execute an encounter it will take away Ration and TP.

@Creation about tutorials...I might.
Here it is.

It was just a joke screen, though.

And Ness, this is just so awesome. *-*
You should write tuturials, you know. u_ú
Especially because Ocean's tutorials had their img links killed by time. :/
But I guess you don't have enough time... If it's going to prejudice you (or whatever is the verb) , don't do it. xD