THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
@Ness:
I think tutorials might be a bit tedious to do come to think of it.
Perhaps a workshop would be a good idea? A dedicated place where you could give feedback to users about their pixel art and share some of your tips? Give assignments to people who wishes to participate?

I think it would probably be more interesting to you than writing tutorials. Just something to think about.
@Creation: I don't mind the B&W, but does it have to be that way? I think it would be easier to tell that's a slimy arm if it were slightly green colored.

@Bonehead: Very good map overall, I just think that the top of the tallest trees should be like the top of the smallest one, if you get what I mean...

@Nessiah: Why not use gray instead of green for the neutral areas? <_>
Edit: Well, green and blue look very much alike, and at least in that screen green against green looks rather odd to me... So, maybe yellow?
author=alterego
@Nessiah: Why not use gray instead of green for the neutral areas? <_>

I found gray ugly for it =v=

@Creation I am not sure, I'm not THAT great D: It's really something that should be given to professionals orz

And to not go off topic x_x
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Creation: I can see it being changed to black and green instead of black and white. I wouldn't add a third color or make it fully colored.

@Archaea_Nessiah: She is cute.
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo

@Archaea_Nessiah: The character looks really nice. :3

Some of you may recognize this screenshot from an old RM2k game that never happened.

This is my own rendition, belonging to my game, which will probably never happen.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Whoa, that's a pretty big world map! Lots of variety but still very thematically cohesive, I like it.

You have a lot of paths that go partially over top of trees, rocks, etc that look pretty weird as a result. A mushroom to the left of the path in world 5, for example, and some rocks on the dirt at the south end of world 5, and basically all over the place in world 4. Are those errors just a result of the screenshot being taken in the editor? If not, they should be fixed, they look kind of weird.

It also looks like the rocket itself is the only thing on this entire map without black outlines around each it and between each section of it. That should be fixed so it matches the graphical style of the SMW tiles. If it were anything else, I'd probably not even notice it, but the rocket is pretty important.

Oh, one other thing - the waterfall in world 1 should be one tile less high. Actually, I think all the waterfalls should. The water levels of the lakes are one unit of "height" lower than the ground surrounding them.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Bonehead11
A abandoned cottage in the middle of an unexplored forest, you may notice some custom graphics mixed with the old ones.

You might want to smooth out the bottom border of that cluster of trees in the middle. It cuts off very abruptly in a straight line.
Do you have any idea how much work it was to make this composite image?

Also, ingame those paths obliterate the scenery objects when the paths are laid down.

All these beautiful screenshots. I am rubbing my palms together in delight
LockeZ
Ah, that makes sense with the scenery getting blown up by the paths. I'm not familiar with the SMBX editor so I wasn't sure.

This moon needs that rock with a face on it in the upper right corner.

FF4 pic:
Actual real life moon:
GinsengTea...
...I'm in love with that *-*
No, really. :O
Omg <3 *-*
I don't recognize it, but I do adore. <3
author=LockeZ
This moon needs that rock with a face on it in the upper right corner.
there's already a smiley face in the lower right~
author=Ginseng_Tea
Some of you may recognize this screenshot from an old RM2k game that never happened.

This is my own rendition, belonging to my game, which will probably never happen.

Oh god I remember this game, it was a crazy game. Nice rendition!
author=Ginseng_Tea

This looks really great, name of the game?

By the way I took all things into consideration, edited the map, thank you for feedback and you may use any custom art I do, only people here on rmn.
@Ginseng: That... is amazing. But do the sprites move at all? You'd think the static size of the sprite would be jarring in the context of this perspective. Love it though.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I know some people didn't approve my soldier title though, decided to use the grayscale one, even so by my standards, it's good enough. But I'll properly change it later anyway, if i find a good title screen.

And I'm changing music for the title screen, but it's not that important.

Thing is with the 1.85 version of rpg maker i have for 2000, it does that error sound after
i quit the game, but it doesn't do much anyway. But i don't like the original 2000, as I want
to make sure the text is correctly, not off screen. I did put that download anyway, you might see some wierdness if you try it on 2000 and it goes over. I can minimize it though.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Oh god I remember this game, it was a crazy game. Nice rendition!

Yes, when I saw this screenshot years ago, I thought "This is how I want my game to look." So saved it and came back to it.
author=Bonehead11
This looks really great, name of the game?

The title is supposed to be Magisteria. I keep redoing the project because I constantly find my writing to be rubbish.
author=Drakonais
@Ginseng: That... is amazing. But do the sprites move at all? You'd think the static size of the sprite would be jarring in the context of this perspective. Love it though.

She does move. and yes, the static size is very jarring. The idea was to implement panoramic scenes with 3D planes, like in Final Fantasy 7. (...Except with sprites) I'm currently reading up 3D on Game Maker. (I don't think the creators had 3D in mind)

That being said, I'm more interested in completing my less-RPG-type game because I have an idea for a battle system that I've not seen anywhere else.

Thank you for the praise, guys. It fuels my ambition and ego. (Nessiah noticed me!)
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme

Playing with Persona 3 like battle view, with Timeline (ATB) and Chronos (secret) mechanics.

Additional Details:
The RED part of the Timeline bar is due to the selected skill "Halt" which drastically lowers the target's Timeline. It's a forecast of the effect of the skill. The GREEN part of the bar refers to the Timeline cost of the current player's action: Halt will use up that much Timeline.
I'm not telling what Chronos is, find that out yourself!
Still debating as to add visual battlers or make enemies non-visual instead.
I didn't bother translating the database terms yet :<