THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=yuna21
I've never once posted here in the screenshot thread ( or on this forum at all ), so I'll show a screen from my upcoming VX game, Enelysion.

<image>
I love parallax mapping. :)

you really ought to consider masking off the beams so your overlay doesn't cast light from below on top of them. it'll add depth to the whole screen.
author=King of Games
The problem with that chip, is that it's one of the few "futuristic" chips besides maybe ff6 magitech factory and CT domes. The only problem is that it's very limited, and lackluster, but it does provide a sufficient base to build off of. It has a lot of unsaturated grey, which doesn't help readability of your similarly colored sprite. It also has a bunch of gradients/colors that don't really add depth because they are too similar, so it lacks contrast too. I know it's custom somewhere down the line, (idk who orig made it) but I would reconsider using it at all or consider some hefty edits.
In this case it's a purely intentional choice. I've even greyscaled all the chipsets so they're even MORE boring and simple now. This is only going to be a short event game :) and I'm going for a sort of simplistic graphical consistency throughout. It's a stylistic choice ;) I swear.

I'm more than willing to use any edits of the same style chips that I can find though.
author=Creation
Almost Real Kiokuby Mastervlad, a promising project.

Game is currently in French but will be translated.

I remember this, not much was going on in the game D:
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CREATE THE MOST FUGLY CIRCLE GRAPHIC IN EXISTANSSSS
MWOHOH

Benos, you must have used MS Paint to decrease the colour depth of your title screen, because it's got that awful quality that only MS Paint can pull off.

Try Ifanview. I'm not sure if it's the best, but it's what I use and it'll make that picture look ten times better.
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
Alright folks, what do you think of the following screenshot:
A Conversation at Midnight
Our hero, Slimongo (a slime ninja), needs some information from the shadiest ghost in town.

I think it's a bit empty. How do you feel about the stars glow, is it over done?

Anyways, comments are most welcomed (bad ones included).
I think its adorable, but the stars are VERY Mario, they almost look like rips. I don't know if that was intentional or not. Otherwise, I don't think its overdone at all. I think the glow really breaks up the monotony of the sky.
Creation
Haha, it's no rip. I just felt the stars looked empty without the eyes.
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
The ghost and the blob seem out of place but the screen is nice, though.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
author=Creation
I think it's a bit empty. How do you feel about the stars glow, is it over done?

I thought it was a screen from another Super Mario Bros. X game judging by the stars... then I looked down.
author=Creation
Haha, it's no rip. I just felt the stars looked empty without the eyes.
So give them mouths and make them actually look like your own idea. Honestly, they are identical to the Mario Bros stars which pretty much undermines the idea of having full-custom graphics! (Plus anything that happens in that scene would be overshadowed by the player wondering why the stars from Mario are everywhere.)
Creation
Yes, agreed, what you say makes sense. I will change them. No mouth though, that would give them too much personality.
I think that changing the shape of the eyes would work.
The reason people think of starman is because his eyes are lined just like those stars. You could try making them dots.

Or if that's too 'empty', then you could make them small circles.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Little Wing Guy
Benos, you must have used MS Paint to decrease the colour depth of your title screen, because it's got that awful quality that only MS Paint can pull off.

Try Ifanview. I'm not sure if it's the best, but it's what I use and it'll make that picture look ten times better.

The title is way old anyway though, i did actually put 256 by accident. I have Paint.net. I'll see what I can do with it. Or just remake it.
Without the eyes THOSE STARS ARE SO RIPPED OFF FROM KIRBY OMG. All jokes aside, changing the shape of the eyes or maybe even giving the stars multiple different eye shapes would be the best "fix."
Creation
All jokes aside, changing the shape of the eyes or maybe even giving the stars multiple different eye shapes would be the best "fix."

That's actually a really good idea. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Heh. Give them star-shaped eyes. =^.^=
Creation
Alright, I guess some of you might be wondering what my game is going to be about by now. I prepared a very short (a minute or so) technical demo.

The graphics (animations, battlers, tileset) are done by me. Scripts are handled by Zeus81 and music is composed by Roi of the Suisse.

Things which will change: window skin, damage will be shown as numbers on top of enemies (not in the dialogue box), a few tweaks for the battle script.

Let me know what you think, good & bad (especially bad as it gives me something to work on to make it better).