THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Calunio, thanks :)
Radnen: That looks awesome! Good use of colors
author=treeghost
Do you work on a cross-platform rpg?

I am working on an RPG that will be cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, and anything else that can run SDL)
But It will have to be compiled separately for each platform that it runs on, so I will only compile the Windows version for now.
Blitzen, you're a pimp.
considering the size of that skeletal fiend, i'm glad
Here's a screen from my current project, Pathways: Tears of Sari

Character Select:

Menu:
@Radcythe: did you make those graphics yourself, they look nice ;)

The grass tile with red flowers is too square shaped
Only the menu and character select backgrounds; the rest of my project resources were taken from others (faces/tiles/some sprites as I did a lot of them myself to match the faces) because I won't have as much time as I do now in the near future, and this project is something long term.

Thanks for the feedback, never really noticed the flowers being too square
until you pointed it out. xD

Just testing out this chipset for now. I'd say that it's a WIP but I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out.
@Lennon: Very nice, looks great. I like those trees, especially how you mixed in two colors of them.

I don't really like those flowers though, they seem flat and bland compared to the trees
Thanks. The flowers are done like that by design. I didn't want to make them pop by using black outlines, since it would be distracting. They just need to be noticeable enough so that you realize they exist, buy they blend in with the environment.
author=Lennon
Thanks. The flowers are done like that by design. I didn't want to make them pop by using black outlines, since it would be distracting. They just need to be noticeable enough so that you realize they exist, buy they blend in with the environment.

In that case, I would suggest making them smaller, primarily the stems.
like so:

But if you want to keep them like that that's ok too
Here's the starting map of a game I'm working on. It's called Adventures in Monochroland, for obvious reasons. The only colors I'm using are white, black, and grey (and transparent), and for the music I'm using 8 bit versions of ragtime songs (mostly by Scott Joplin) and dixieland.

(yes I know the vertical gates need work)
later today I'm going to add in some animated flowers
lennon have you ever played a game called "earthbound" i think you might enjoy it tee hee
@Eggbertx: Holy cow It's Chip!!!!!!!!!!!!
can I have his autograph please pleeeeeeeease :)
what? i can't? why not?
Bummer: chip can't autograph without pen

Seriously though Chip = Epic win
author=Felix20
@Eggbertx: Holy cow It's Chip!!!!!!!!!!!!
can I have his autograph please pleeeeeeeease :)
what? i can't? why not?
Bummer: chip can't autograph without pen

Seriously though Chip = Epic win
Ya basically it's going to be about old software/games degrading and turning into digital zombies, and you have to find out the cause, and fight digital zombies, viruses and spyware along the way

Also regarding lennon's pic, I thought the different colors looked good, but they should be more spread out
Those trees do looks awesome, lennon. Even more than EB, they remind me of the Lennus series graphics; which I must say now there was a strange-but-awesome-looking game
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Lennon: Ugh, I dunno about the trees. They look like they're covered in slime.

@Eggbertx: The portrait has been stretched poorly, so that some of the giant "pixels" are 4x4 pixels and others are 3x4 pixels or 4x3 pixels. When you stretch pixel art like that, make sure you stretch it by a whole number. Exactly 3x or exactly 4x the original size will work - 3.5x or whatever you used will not work, and results in the effect you have.