THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

author=Versalia
Calunio: those statues have some impressive dongs. Make them shorter so it looks like generic bulge instead of swinging peen.

I'm willing to bet they're meant to be exactly that way.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=NewBlack
author=Versalia
Calunio: those statues have some impressive dongs. Make them shorter so it looks like generic bulge instead of swinging peen.

If it's meant to be that way, more power to you, but I am getting a distinct lack of "gigantic dong" from the rest of the room. Please make an entire dungeon around the central theme of "generous endowment" and I will play this all day
author=Versalia
author=NewBlack
author=Versalia
If it's meant to be that way, more power to you, but I am getting a distinct lack of "gigantic dong" from the rest of the room. Please make an entire dungeon around the central theme of "generous endowment" and I will play this all day

You will play this all day.
I'm taking advice into consideration, I'll post updated screens soon.
---
Better?

author=LockeZ
You might also want to show some underground wall at the north edges of the holes... I don't know how to describe this. It looks like the ground is paper-thin. The hole should sink off to blackness but it should take a couple pixels to do so, and have visible darkened wall at the top. Like VX tiles. Make sense? Didn't think so, oh well.

i don't think the advice "be more like VX tiles" should be anything other than thrown into the sun
author=LockeZ
You might also want to show some underground wall at the north edges of the holes... I don't know how to describe this. It looks like the ground is paper-thin. The hole should sink off to blackness but it should take a couple pixels to do so, and have visible darkened wall at the top. Like VX tiles. Make sense? Didn't think so, oh well.

About that, I did think of it, but the fact that I use so few colors would make it complicated, since I couldn't use proper shading. It would probably look like it's too shallow or something. I did add a very thin outline though.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=geodude
author=LockeZ
i don't think the advice "be more like VX tiles" should be anything other than thrown into the sun

I don't think that comment was helpful to anybody

lockez: despite(?) using VX tiles as an example, which is a totally valid example, that is solid advice (makes sense to me)

Calunio: Much better! Are the grated doors a little vibrant, though..? Make them a more muted off-white, nobody will know the difference.
new

old

Is this better guise?

EDIT: The missing walls on the entrance is fixed.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I like the stone road better than the sand road, and the bushes/minitrees do help some. But the only reason to make the road narrower like that is if you're going to move or expand the buildings to put less space between them. I'd recommend expanding rather than moving them, because all those buildings are pretty tiny, especially the shop which is outhouse-sized. Also the statue was cool.
@LockeZ: Actually, I did enlarge some buildings, it's just not in the screen. And the status has it's own little garden on the top left of the town.
Personally, I preferred the sand road
It feels so bizarre to post here again. I haven't touched RPGMaker in almost a year. I made a little 25x30 test map to clear off the dust...

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Nice mapping there, not too small or big. But not sure about that part which on that cliff south east of the character, of the north tip's cliff wall, there's a small tileset error placement. I think you should know what I'm talking about. If not, choose your destiny. :p
author=Blindmind
It feels so bizarre to post here again. I haven't touched RPGMaker in almost a year. I made a little 25x30 test map to clear off the dust...

...sweeeeeeeet
Really liking that, Blind. Those are Wild ARMs chips and edits, right? Or am I just trippin'?

Oh hey! I made some trees! And by 'made', I mean spliced! And some other random plant-related edits. I'll add them to the Graphics tab in Lands' Hope if anyone wants them.

A completed puzzle sort of, I'm having trouble coding this thing, having all the switches in those locations and then activating the locked door, a simple idea, but complex amount of coding to do, does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

My original plan was using variables with each box and fork condition each one at the location and would turn on a switch, only problem is each box that I did that for would cancel each switch and stuff, any suggestions?

I hope I explained this right.
J-Man, I'd love to help you figure it out, but I'm not sure what the puzzle is supposed to do or be. Could you go into more depth explaining what exactly it entails?
It's pretty much those puzzles where you push the blocks to the center, and it activates the switch.
Before

After

Problem is, I'm having trouble getting the thing to activate the event where you successfully put all the blocks into the center. Got any suggestions? Oh yeah, these are sliding blocks, it isn't so simple to just push them and they go one step away, instead they go three steps away from you, lol. :P

Itd be easier if you numbered the blocks and required them to be placed in a specific order.
You don't really need switches.
Assign the X and Y coordinates to variables for each box then use those to compare which side the hero is standing on when he clicks it, as well as have a parallel process that always check to see if the 3x3 center is full of blocks.

On the by and by, that is going to be a nightmare puzzle if each block moves 3 tiles at a time :D I imagine you have to use other blocks to cut the sliding down to 1 or 2 tiles in order to beat it.
Gonna take this to PM so we don't pollute the screenshot topic.