THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

author=Dyhalto
On the by and by, that is going to be a nightmare puzzle if each block moves 3 tiles at a time :D I imagine you have to use other blocks to cut the sliding down to 1 or 2 tiles in order to beat it.

Correct. That's how I was able to complete it. :3

@Narcodis - Alright, pm it is.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.

Vats of acid. With acid sharks in them. You leap from the rim of one tank to the next in a series of battles.

I'm having trouble getting that area you can walk under and also walk on top of to work properly with my Zelda/Wildarms style tools, though. I've gotten it so it works correctly when you're on top of the ledge, and also when you're under the ledge, but when you're standing next to the ledge and fire a laser towards it, it explodes when it hits the edge of the ledge instead of passing under it. I think I'm going to need to actually change the map's tileset when you go up and down the ladder...

EDIT: Made some changes to this image based on feedback! The perspective and the realistic-vs-cartoony issues should be somewhat better, hopefully?
my mind

those vats have tainted it

(major perspective issue)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ah, perspective is still bad? I adjusted them once already, apparently not enough. Are they too overhead, or not overhead enough? They look like the same perspective as the barrels to me. Maybe the barrels are off too though.
yeah, that's true. unfortunately, the barrels are wrong too
LockeZ
I'll change them to a more overhead view, thanks.
The strange stove-pipe looking thing coming out of the vats would be a good guide for the top "plane" of your objects. All flat-topped objects should have the same plane angle as those.
LockeZ
Um... this looks like that Palm Pilot game where letters fall from the sky and you have to write in the Palm Pilot Graffiti equivalent of each one before it hits the bottom.

Or possibly a really bad implementation of the Matrix screen saver?

I'm sorry I'm really just at a loss as to what type of game that's a screenshot of!
robotfindskitten

basically, you play as a robot (the grey #) and you have to go and "talk" to each of the symbols to find out which one is the kitten.It selects a random string for each of the symbols which is not kitten, for example "I pity the fool who mistakes me for kitten!", sez Mr. T. When you find kitten, you win. Each time, kitten's symbol is randomized, and all of the sayings are randomly selected from a file
LockeZ
Ah, well. It looks... as expected?
Yes. Well sort of. I had to modify it in paint a little to get it to look like it should. Some of the symbols for whatever reason are being drawn above the dotted line, and I suspect off screen as well.
Uh, gosh, make an actual game Eggbertx! :P
It is an actual game!

Update: I'll have it done tomorrow.
Fixing Branch Castle in Blackmoon Prophecy by fully remapping all of it. I intend to make the castle easier to navigate and to feel more like a castle from FF4.

Old 1F

New 1F
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Here are a few screenshots from two separate games I am working on. One of them is an RTP Game and another uses FF6 graphics. =O

This is the RTP screenshot one, it is incomplete and empty, but after taking a look at if for a while, I feel like it is rather bland. Was wondering if I should try to remake the town(as it is the main town in the game), or ignore that feeling and just continue working on it as is? Opinions? (Also, some of the graphics are Liberty's edits)

And here is the FF6 graphic style game, and was wondering on how do you guys think it looks like?

I know I've posted nothing but screen shots in the past, but I am mainly working on my mapping skills than trying to complete a project nowadays.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
And here is the FF6 graphic style game, and was wondering on how do you guys think it looks like?

it looks like FF6. TBH the gameplay better be really interesting to keep my attention focused on scenery I've seen a million times!
LockeZ
I haven't actually played many games that used solely an FF6 graphical style. Certainly far fewer than ones that used solely an RTP style. And you're using the FF6 tiles really well. And I do love me some FF6. So I approve of the FF6 screenshot completely.

The RTP town needs some help. The way you have the grass, dirt and stone paths mixed around seems extremely random and pointless and unrealistic. If this is supposed to be your game's main town, I would make it 90% stone paths, limit the grass to some small manmade yards and gardens, and remove the dirt entirely. You may also want to make it multiple levels, which helps make it more interesting and also creates a sense of business. I've also never been a fan of giant stone walls surrounding normal towns - if you make it multiple levels, you should edge the town with impassable height differences, so it looks like the town is continuing past where the player can walk.
Yeah I agree, you really nailed the FF6 style. Can't wait to see screenshots from other areas of the game!
@Fist: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/9238/locker/CQ002.png
Nope, not good enough. Sorry, but I really think you gonna have to go the extra mile making those tiles look better if you want them to match your cutesy chibi-chibi charas, otherwise you may as well be better off using dragon quest rips. =/

@Blindmind: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/5/locker/Screenshot20112.png
Holy! Man, that’s awesome! You seriously pay attention to details. I love how the birds have shadows, and the subtle lighting effect, and everything else. I really don’t know what to criticize... if anything, maybe that rocky formation is too irregular.

@Liberty: http://i56.tinypic.com/2ng5y5y.jpg
Nice. I like all the trees and plants you ‘made’ they enrich the scenery a lot. But I kind of feel there’s something still missing... Say, why don’t you try to add some sparkles to the water surface? Perhaps that will really bring the lake back to life. =)

@LockeZ: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/games/2931/screenshots/factory6b.png
I think is ok to use realistic textures for big things like the walls and the vats because it kind of looks comical, but I suggest you keep all smaller things in sprite form if only for consistency's sake, so you should change the barrels and the hook...

@Jakester: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c232/Jakester101/ScreenShots/OurAdventure_ScreenShot01_Incomplete.png
I like the ff6 map, but the rtp one needs some organization I think. The houses are too randomly placed and cluttered together and there are no clear paths that lead to them, so try to fix that; and make the outer walls symmetrical while you’re at it.