THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Once the truck reaches a certain point, the BG scrolls by giving the illusion that the truck is still moving. The tumbleweed rolls and the birds fly. I'm worried about the perspective on this though.

Faux Mode 7 in RM2k3. The speed limit sign and the random cactus "goes out of view" (ie. they get smaller) as the truck drives. The mountains in the background also slowly drops out of perspective. The truck sprite was done by me and I'm REALLY concerned about it's shading/highlights.

Any tips are appreciated!
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
@Rowman:
NICE!!!! I really like the far view screen shot. I do not see any issues with that one at all. Looks Awesome!

The Faux Mode 7 Screen shot....erks me a little. I think might be that the White line in the middle of the road is to big. And it should be dotted like the top screen shot.

Great work! :) I hope to see more from ya Rowan. :D
Blockman update (color-style test).
Holy freaking balls, Rowan. That's siiiiiiiicccccckkkkkkkkkk!!! I agree for the faux that the line should be thinner. However, that aside, I am in awe of the epicness of those shots.
Wow, Rowan, what a way to get back on the scene! That looks sweet~

Radnen - I really like the ground tiles, a lot, but they kinda blend the trees in a little. Maybe fade the grass out a bit/desaturate it a little? I don't know, I think it's because the greens used are close in colour. Maybe try different greens for the trees? Otherwise it looks really nice!

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Radnen- I think you should choose a slightly different base color for the leaves of the trees, they are not contrasting enough with the grass. A minor nitpick I have is that trees in real life don't tend to grow out of grass. There is usually a bare patch of dirt that circulates around the base of the tree (trees are HUGE nutrient hoggers), but it's minor, as I've seen many styles pull it off.
@Ratty: If you look closely there was a patch of dirt, but I trimmed it down thinking there was almost too much under each tree, but I try to fan it out a bit more (and smoothly too).

@Liberty: Thanks for the comment! I'll try to play with different colors (who knows? I might make the tree different altogether) I'm thinking of trying a darker green though.
I think its a bit better now... Still don't quite like the tree itself, but the coloring is nice.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ah, the colors are much better now. I like the trees, but if you want them to feel more "even", try making the section of branches just under the point (the second of the four sections, I guess) less wide. Or the third and fourth sections wider. It doesn't need to be a perfect triangle but I think it would look better if it were a little closer to one.
author=Ratty524
Radnen- I think you should choose a slightly different base color for the leaves of the trees, they are not contrasting enough with the grass. A minor nitpick I have is that trees in real life don't tend to grow out of grass. There is usually a bare patch of dirt that circulates around the base of the tree (trees are HUGE nutrient hoggers), but it's minor, as I've seen many styles pull it off.

That isn't the reason that grass doesn't grow as well around trees x_x That is a huge misconception. In the case of Evergreens (pines, cedars, etc.) the reason is because the tree secretes a sap that is acidic, which lowers the pH of the soil to an acidity that isn't supportive to grow grass. The needles also decompose into the same acidic sap that taints the soil.

In the case of Deciduous trees, it is most often a result of shade. However it is fairly common to see grass growing under a deciduous tree in nature. When landscaping, these trees are often given a bed of raised/isolated soil, or mulch, to keep the grass away from the tree since it is harder to maintain (water/cut) and looks better when its non-existent as opposed to thin and weak turf.

@Radnen: It looks alright but the perspective on the trunk of the evergreen trees is wrong. It looks face-foward when it should be closer to top-down (although eagle-eye would likely suffice)
@Prexus: NERD, lol. I'll change those bases definitely. I think I made them face-forward on accident as I was removing some of the dirt and redrawing them.
That isn't the reason that grass doesn't grow as well around trees x_x That is a huge misconception. In the case of Evergreens (pines, cedars, etc.) the reason is because the tree secretes a sap that is acidic, which lowers the pH of the soil to an acidity that isn't supportive to grow grass. The needles also decompose into the same acidic sap that taints the soil.
Tell me about it! The damn evergreens in my lawn KILL ALL IN THEIR WAKE.
@Radnen: I really like the look of that, the only thing i don't like is the shadow color of the pine trees, i think it's a bit too dark/saturated, I'm no expert but i'd say you should tone it down just a bit (It's really not much of a problem, I'm just in over-analyze mode right now i guess)
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
No RTP map this time around, just the FF3/6.

I did this one kinda fast and has me self-conscious about it. Especially the dirt and how awkward it looks as I got the dirt from another RM game The Way. Oh yeah, those soldiers aren't knocked out, but can't put my mind on how I want the blood to be or even to have blood since spriting isn't my strongest ability or even an ability to me, lol. Oh, just noticed the top-left of the items there is missing. XD

The entrance to a forest dungeon, in which of just making it a point A to point B dungeon, but that's no fun.

Also, wondering if it is alright if I keep posting up Screens here to get feedback on my mapping. Don't have enough information for a gamepage yet. Yay for working on two RM games and college! >.<
@Jakester: the dirt would fit better, im my opinion, if you edited the colors to be more like the colors of those small patches of dirt.
also it some of those dirt tiles apear to be mirrored internally, which doesn't look very good.
author=Jakester
Also, wondering if it is alright if I keep posting up Screens here to get feedback on my mapping. Don't have enough information for a gamepage yet. Yay for working on two RM games and college! >.<
This is the place to post screenshots if you don't have enough info for a game page so it should be fine.

If you have lots of screens or want lots of feedback you could make a thread in the "Creative Corner" with your screenshots and ask for advice.
@Radnen: You might want to differentiate in the colors between the grass, trees, and small plants. Right now they're all sort of the same tint of green, so everything sort of just blends together. For an idea of what I'm talking about, go back to page 15/16 of this thread, look at the way Lennon's screenshot evolved.
@narcodis: I dunno; Jakesters FF graphics say otherwise. I think its more of a contrast issue and the current tree colorings are working quite fine.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The trees don't look good all mashed in like that. I don't really think they're well suited to an entire forest dungeon. Have you considered using the Phantom Forest tileset? If you must use this type of tree, look at a screenshot of South Figaro or Nikeah to see how dense clusters of trees were lined up in FF6. They are aligned differently than yours.

The dirt admittedly doesn't exactly look fantastic. The only dirt floor in FF6 is what was used for vegetable gardens. A good example is the garden at the north end of Thamasa. Take a look and see if you can adapt that dirt into your tileset, maybe it would look more natural. (I am way too familiar with FF6.)

I like the use of cliffs though. Real forests are full of small cliffs, and they make a very realistic and effective barrier. If you stick with this tileset, I feel like it would be better if more (maybe even almost all) of the area borders were cliffs rather than dense trees.
On that note, a while ago I made a chapset with a forest dungeon in mind:

You might be able to swipe parts of the chapset and incorporate it into yours Jakester.