THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Not sure if it makes grammatical sense either.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
True. I fixed my post. Though. The joke is behind the name of the person in the screenshot though. It's not much, but something.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
True. I fixed my post. Though. The joke is behind the name of the person in the screenshot though. It's not much, but something.

lol then it double posts on me. WTF.
Here's how I would word that:

This is what I get when I became cursed. Now every time I need to cover...
author=Rowan
Here's how I would word that:

That's what I got when I became cursed. Now every time I need to cover...

Past tense. If not change to current tense. ;)
LockeZ, do you really think both of those pictures have had their contrast changed?

If so, yikes.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well they were taken with digital cameras, which automatically adjust the contrast/saturation when they take a photo, so there was that much alteration at the very minimum. On top of which, it's virtually unheard of to post or distribute photos without altering the coloration slightly first to make up for whatever problems the lighting and the camera's settings caused - the only reasons you'd ever not alter a photo are if you managed to get the camera's color settings perfect before you took it, or if you don't know how.

That said, I don't think they both had their saturation and contrast increased. I think the one on the left was increased and the one on the right was decreased.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=LockeZ
Well they were taken with digital cameras, which automatically adjust the contrast/saturation when they take a photo

i am not sure if you have ever used a digital camera.
author=tardis
author=LockeZ
Well they were taken with digital cameras, which automatically adjust the contrast/saturation when they take a photo
i am not sure if you have ever used a digital camera.
They do change contrast and saturation. They have to. (they are capturing a large gamut of of the visible spectrum and reducing them to a combination of 3 numerical values)
author=LockeZ
Well they were taken with digital cameras, which automatically adjust the contrast/saturation when they take a photo, so there was that much alteration at the very minimum.
Which is exactly what your eyes do all the time ;)
LockeZ: One day, maybe in the far future when flights of fancy are openly available, go to British Columbia or the French Riviera or about a million other places on the planet on a nice day. There are lots of places that are fantastically green and vibrant (Ireland) and just about every combination of bright colours appears somewhere in nature. Also, the second picture is so regular looking that I am not sure if you are trollin' or not, now.

MOG: Yes! That chipset is hard to rip/use, but you've done a might fine job here. Too bad it's only got like two upper-layer decorations on it by default!
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Makes me want to play any of the Romancing Saga games! =D

The RTP game is going through an overhaul, after thinking some new stuff, so there might not be any pics for it anytime soon. But, here is the new and improved screen shot of that FF3/6 style game I'm working on.

I like how it looks and at the same time I don't. I feel like it would give the player the illusion of being able to walk pass some trees, North and South-bound instead of West to East. Maybe I'm over worrying about it a bit.
Some screenshots of my resident evil fangame. Resident Evil: After History

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Jakester: You can always add bushes in front of (or behind) the spots that look like they "should" be able to be walked through. In general though I think it's obvious that the path goes east-west. If your game includes other areas where the player *can* go between trees or through small non-obvious paths behind tall objects, then this area will irritate them while they try to figure out if they can do so here. But if your game's areas all have clear routes that don't use camera tricks to hide things, then they'll just assume the way that looks like it's probably impassable is probably impassable, and keep walking onward along the path.

Felipe: I think you've got some parts in English and some parts that aren't. Also, I feel like the status display in the upper left corner should be at full brightness regardless of the area's brightness. In the second screen you can barely see it, and in the fourth screen you can distinctly see a hard line where the room's lighting ends. You've already got the white border around the character's heartbeat monitor at full brightness, so it shouldn't be too hard to get the rest of it at full brightness also. The maps themselves look fantastic, though I'm not sure what the... gray powder? on the ground on the north part of the street screenshot is supposed to be.
The spanish screenshot are old development screenshots (if they are in spanish, then the map havent been changed. I started this game on spanish but continued it on english)

What light line??? i dont see it (you mean the dark part of the "E" think ???? its supposed to be on that way, the light dont reach that part)

the grey poweder are ashes.

Working out some finer details in Eternal Paradise. So which do you think looks better? The first or second image? I switched back to one of the default fonts, and got rid of the "Age" of the characters.

IMAGE A

IMAGE B

I'm starting to get sick of experimenting with these things. Lol.