THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean the border on the right side of the text box. You can see the lower half of the border is being brightened, probably by the wall lamp, but the upper half isn't.

Ideally the entire text box and everything in it should be a static brightness, not dependant on the room's brightness.
Oh, that XD.well, i dont know why but the Hud appear under the images layer but the Lifebar appear over it XP (i dont know too much about scripting) and i dont know how to fix it
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Felipe_9595
Oh, that XD.well, i dont know why but the Hud appear under the images layer but the Lifebar appear over it XP (i dont know too much about scripting) and i dont know how to fix it

You need to set the z-axis of the images (self.z)
If i post the game, can somebody help me out with that??? (my scripting experience is.... null XP)
author=Ephiam
Working out some finer details in Eternal Paradise. So which do you think looks better? The first or second image?

The first one, and I don't think there's any problem with showing age.
The default RM2k font is overused anyway.
author=Ephiam
Working out some finer details in Eternal Paradise. So which do you think looks better? The first or second image? I switched back to one of the default fonts, and got rid of the "Age" of the characters.

IMAGES

I'm starting to get sick of experimenting with these things. Lol.

B. That bolded font is ugly as hell used across the board like that. Removing the age gives the screen some much needed white space and it's completely meaningless information.
author=GreatRedSpirit
author=Ephiam
Working out some finer details in Eternal Paradise. So which do you think looks better? The first or second image? I switched back to one of the default fonts, and got rid of the "Age" of the characters.

IMAGES

I'm starting to get sick of experimenting with these things. Lol.
B. That bolded font is ugly as hell used across the board like that. Removing the age gives the screen some much needed white space and it's completely meaningless information.

Couldn't disagree more. I think the bolded font looks much better and is much easier to read. I'm ambivalent about the age; it doesn't need to be there, but there isn't any need for blank space there either.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Feldschlacht IV
Well...it's not really much to look at.

That she's not naked :p
Jakester
Which commercial game did you rip this chipset from?
what a zinger batista
Need a second opinion. And a third. Many will do.
The first image has resolution clash while the second has big black outlines reminiscient of 80s anime. Which looks better?
I like the second. The sword and spear shaft still need some smoothing out but overall the composition is better in the second image.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Agreeing with Kentona
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Version 1 has better sprites but version 2 fits better with the background. The problem is that the background is just not good so trying to match the sprites to it is a waste of time imo. If you still insist on that background then I suppose you should go with version 2 but fix some things.

1. blur on the shield
2. shoes became much less detailed
3. spear is too pixelated
4. sword seems too high compared to where the hand is at
5. hair has become pointy which is starting to grow on me
6. weird shape of arm and super thick outline

Oh man, Sim RPG Maker 95! I haven't seen that in years.

Agreed that the second screen looks much better, though the weapons look too pixelated.
Ugh, no. The sprites in the second screen just have an awful blur effect to them, by all means keep the ones from the first screen. And if you feel like trying edit them a bit on your own, it's not that hard; Believe me, whatever you do will look better than what you have going on in that second screen... Look at the example I did, and I didn't even paid much attention to shapes or other details. I also adjusted the contrast of the grass in Photoshop.

Edit:
Vanit, you're awesome! And so is that video. I'd even like to favorite it on YT but it's too long, "machinegun,machinegun,machinegun" (I have my standards, you see? =P) ...so why don't you make another one showing a bit from the intro and a fight with a couple of soldiers only? that would be great. ;D

Battle system is basically finished. Will have a proof of concept demo out in a day or so. :)
^ the sword in Cloud's standing animation is too stiff. Cloud bounced it a little in his FF7 animations. I only point this out because the other animations seem to be REALLY on point.
LockeZ
OH MY GOD HIT CIRCLE. HIT THE CIRCLE BUTTON. THE XP IS GOING TO GO ON FOREVER HIT THE BUTTON. AUGGGGGH oh there you go. okay then.

Limit break animation is somewhat lacking in luster. Being merely a series of thin orange circles on the ground. Is it unfinished, or is that the result of Youtube's framerate cutting out all the frames where the flame is visible?

The whole FF7 remake thing makes me extremely happy, and this demo is really high quality for RPG Maker, so I definitely look forward to playing it! I would offer to help, but your whole project consists entirely of the parts of game design I detest spending time on. What I really should do is hire you to make animations, interfaces and scripts for my game...
@WCouillard: I initially was going to leave the bounce of the sword out as its so subtle in the real animation I thought a closer proximation would be to not have it rather than having him move the sword too much. But I'll attempt it again at some point, thanks for the feedback!

@LockeZ: Aye the limit break charge animation is a placeholder just so there's something for the sound effect to go with until I can get the proper one to look just right. I spent so much time being anal about it that I was getting nothing else done, so placeholder for now! Similarly the casting animation is missing the green effect until I can come up with something that looks good. Also the EXP can be skipped as in the real screen, I was just showing off how it'll automatically skip after 10 levels. :)