THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

The flowers don't match? They're all from the same place in FF5. The carpet is from FF5 as well, though from a different chipset.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=calunio
I threw in a yellow tint, so the place would feel slightly... depressing. The tint is subtle, and comes and goes in intervals of 6s, so it's subtle.

I do not know what planet you are from but yellow is generally considered a bright and cheerful color, with cooler (blue-tint) colors being generally "heavy," sad, and depressing, and warm red colors being angry, energetic, vibrant. You could also simply desaturate it slightly instead of tinting it yellow - that will drain it of juuust enough color to make it, well, depressing.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
One set of flowers is clearly much darker than other and the carpet sticks out because it's brighter, more saturated, and more complex than it's surroundings which draws more attention than anything else and makes it look like it should be part of the wall. I'd be curious to see how these tiles are used in the actual game.
author=arcan
One set of flowers is clearly much darker than other and the carpet sticks out because it's brighter, more saturated, and more complex than it's surroundings which draws more attention than anything else and makes it look like it should be part of the wall. I'd be curious to see how these tiles are used in the actual game.

Here ya go.

Chrono???? looks pretty goood
arcan
Yes I see no problems with that screen shot. The difference really is in how they are used.
author=geodude
it doesn't look evil enough. flowers are not very evil. more evil!

Replaces flowers with dead ponies.
Or I could go with dead kittens for the full effect.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I do not have a problem with UPRC's flower usage. I do have a problem with the carpet. It seems desaturated or low contrast or something like that compared to the rest of the area, and it ends really abruptly mid-pattern at the tops and bottoms, and in the lower section the fact that there's generally no floor to the sides of it makes it somehow look like it's not even a carpet. Find out if the original tileset the carpet is from has top and bottom edges to the carpet, and if not, make them yourself. Then try increasing the contrast and saturation on the carpet tiles.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to change the carpet to fit with the rest of the tiles. I wasn't too sure about it when I was mapping the castle, which is partly why I posted the screenshot. I wanted to know if anyone else thought that the carpet was a bit iffy.

Long time no see, everyone! I now have 4 hedgehogs in my house and I'm crazy enough to make a game based on them :P
hima, that is freaking adorable! I love the art style.
hima, you make the best games, welcome back. :D
Magi
Resident Terrapin
W-wow, Hima.... I was just thinking about you the other day "Whatever happened to that guy?"
author=Magi
W-wow, Hima.... I was just thinking about you the other day "Whatever happened to that guy?"

Ditto. I loved U.S.G. Nice screen you got there as well.
UPRC: I don't see any problem with the flowers, but as some said the carpet looks weird in the upper and lower part, maybe edit it?
Hima: Already posted about your screenshot in another forum so I won't reoeat myself XD
Here's a map (the main character's place) using my interior chipset more or less finished for now, I'll probably be adding new stuff as needed, but the base is ready :)

Currently I'm working on the outside chipset for the main city.
In a single glance, the kitchen checker floor doesn't look right at all. After staring I get it, but it needs a clue or two. Put some stuff on the countertop or the border where the wood and checker meet.
Thanks, I'll probably add a border between the wood and the checked floor.
arcan
The color scheme ain't bad but that sprite doesn't fit on many levels and though I like the use of shadows some of them don't make sense.

This will actually be my first attempt to create a (balanced) RPG game. It started as a test in the 20xx engine and snowballed. It's based heavily on the game mechanics of FF11 with sprites from all FF games converted down into Gameboy style graphics.

Started working on this project last week :3