THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I'm new here to the forums, but I would like to share a few pictures from my project, Dragon Quest: Legacy of the Lost. I'm somewhat confused about adding the game to the site, but I do have a demo of the game available.

Heroes explore a castle town

The Menu System.

A monster joins the party!?

Woooohooo that looks awesome :> I loved both the original Dragon Quest series and the DQ: Monsters spinoffs. Humans will be able to fight with the monsters that they've trained?

Also, just hover over the "Submissions" tab at the top of your screen, select "Submit Game" and fill out the info. Upload those three screenshots and wait for it to be approved :> The download will also need to be approved later on :D
author=Miracle
Woooohooo that looks awesome :> I loved both the original Dragon Quest series and the DQ: Monsters spinoffs. Humans will be able to fight with the monsters that they've trained?

Also, just hover over the "Submissions" tab at the top of your screen, select "Submit Game" and fill out the info. Upload those three screenshots and wait for it to be approved :> The download will also need to be approved later on :D

That's right! Legacy of the Lost will incorporate a Breeding System much like the one in Dragon Warrior Monsters. :)

And thanks for the help on the submission. I have my game in "Pending" now.
@Lennon: Those screens look sick as hell. Your pixel art is vastly improving and it's looking sexy as hell. Especially love the doors and the steam vents, really like the shadows, and really like how you textured the walls and floors.

I will say the save point(?) looks pretty ugly though. Unlike the rest of the screen, the save point's colors look pretty poorly chosen.

Also, the snow(?) on the bottom level seems to look pretty choppy when it cuts off at the foot of the wall there. Might want to add some sort of shadow to the snow where it hits the wall, or maybe a little bit of snow actually on the wall tile. Might look cool as a doodad to have snow in between the bricks in the walls and such or something..

I would also consider consulting your outlines. The character sprites have very soft outlines, while the rest of everything else have hard black outlines. It's especially noticed on the more organic features of your screenshot, such as on the trees.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Right, so it is snow on the trees... and then it should also be elsewhere (rooftops, walls, etc. (i hadn't gotten it, the one on the ground looks like clouds a bit).
author=Lennon

Mehh... Not too good with trees but if it's perspective people are complaining about this is probably a small amount better (if any at all :\)

I am, however, a fan of that discolored cobblestone tile... Is that sludge? :>
Been working on my own version of Dragon Quest.
it's called Dragon Quest: The origin.

Some Screens for what's happening so far!

Radatome Castle (remade fully)

A battle with a King Slime.
@narcodis: Thanks for the compliments. Glad to know there are fans of my work.

You have to keep in mind, this is just an early beta right now, so lots of things are considered unfinished. The save point is just a quick thing I threw together, it glows, which is why the colors look off. That'll definitely be changed for the final release though.

I did end up adding more snow and ice to it however:

I think that will suit me for now. Once I go back through it after beta testing to clean things up, I'm planning to add a whole heck of a lot of detail. I tried to add icicles to windows, however, they looked wrong so I scrapped it.

About the black lines vs soft lines, that's just the way I do things. If I tried to put soft lines on the environment, or black lines on the characters it would look wrong, so I do it this way. I think it shouldn't be that big of a problem when people are actually playing.

@Miracle: Thanks for taking the time to resprite the tree, but I'm leaving that the way it is. Not to sound egotistical, but I like the way I drew it , how it swoops down or whatever. I'll certainly keep that resprite though, who knows, I may make it in later.

And no, that isn't sludge, it's broken away cobblestone, that reveals dirt.
@Lennon: Looking really tight, man. :) Seriously diggin' on it.

@Anaryu: Really nice image there. What's it for?
Looks kinda like Lunas from the old game I just uploaded http://rpgmaker.net/games/3378/images/20122/ well his sprite anyways
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I especially like the addition of icicles, nice touch! Makes it look much chillier. If you add them to windows, I'd do them the same way as you did there on the walls, and hang them from the bottoms of the windows rather than the tops.
author=narcodis
@Lennon: Looking really tight, man. :) Seriously diggin' on it.

@Anaryu: Really nice image there. What's it for?

Contest~

@Lennon: I like that style a lot, but the snow piling up against the building feels like it contrasts with the part fading into the ground.
Are you using pure white for that snow? I would advise against that as it demands too much attention for something that is essentially a background object.
chana
Here are a few,bit embarrassed after what's been posted, anyways all feedback are wecome!

(Change of computer had to re-load them.)
Those rooms are large and unnecessarily spacious.

Also I'm not sure you used that wooden frame tile in the top left of the last picture properly.
chana
For the curved wooden tile, you're right, i'll just take it out. The room is supposed to be a attic more or less made into a room.
Your maps don't look half bad, maybe consider making the rooms a bit smaller and more compact. Oh, and also, don't use RTP Alex...
chana
Thx for the feedbacks. And that's an idea, (for Alex), having a more "personalized" character (for the others too, I imagine) might motivate me more for the story.

Edit : Though(after looking) why is rtp Alex so much worse than just ripping off some characters from somebody else's game ( actually my problem is not so much with rtpalex than with the battle charset of that character and of any other in the 2k3 rtp, which I find really really bad.) ?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
The problem with Alex is simply that he is the default character. And so anyone who's played an RPG Maker game has seen him.

If you use a non-rtp character that you found online, it's still not original, but most people won't have seen it before. In terms of presentation, that's really the important thing - the illusion of uniquetitude.

I do like the tilesets you're using, chana, and you're using them fairly well.