THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I didn't think it was a mockup seeing as it's pretty obviously (or meant to appear as if it is) actually in rm. Most mockups are just pictures made from scratch.
Pretty sure it was never meant to be a game. You can technically create a mockup even if it's displayed in RPG Maker, just don't make it too functional heh heh.

Speaking of vapour tits...

a very old screenshot and a very old project of mine that will sleep forever... (im just posting it so that this page has screenshots)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Well, it's quite beautiful!
Yes I agree, and the water train has me rather curious.

What was the story of the game going to be?
Dang Darken, thats really beautiful. I love the pale colors that you used.
author=Lucidstillness
Yes I agree, and the water train has me rather curious.

What was the story of the game going to be?

The story went through a lot of different drafts... But basically it was going to be about a journalist travelling around a steampunk world to solve a giant mystery about a hero who disappeared (hence the title). The game was going to be done in the spirit of Tintin or Indiana Jones, in which you visit exotic locations infested with the steampunk style. I stopped working on it for several reasons (or excuses), but hey at least I met the new page quota!
That actually sounds quite interesting (I'm looking forward to the Tintin movie coming out). Depending on how far along the game is, you might consider cutting it short from its original length and releasing it as a shorter experience.
Darken, that looks and sounds amazing. I really think you should keep working on it!
author=Demicrusaius
Darken, that looks and sounds amazing. I really think you should keep working on it!

I second this notion.
I agree.

And now to annoy everyone with a new graphic problem of mine; water.

The problem here isn't the water texture, though that will of course be changed. No, the problem I'm having is that I'm not sure how to make an animated diagonal icon in RPG Maker XP. I know that it is possible because I have seen it done in videos, but my efforts to find a tutorial on this subject have proved fruitless. I feel as though I am missing something really obvious, so if anyone knows what I am doing wrong please enlighten me.
Just a random new screenshot from my game:

This screenshot was from my non-winnable summer games entry, which I abandoned due to august being a nightmare month of busy busy real life shit. =o=

The game was suppose to represent a journey of a relationship. With it being split into levels each representing a pacticaler stage of your love life, for example the above screenshot shows the hero being depressed (with the dark colour tone of the charset showing this) before he meets the women of his dreams (white colour tone showing purity). The gameplay would invole you following the girl through a shifting enviroment. E.g the world would be all happy and sunny at the start as they both enjoyed the loved up period whilst later in the game the enviroment would get distorted and violent as their relationship starts to break down.

Sorry for the short blurb! I just felt annoyed that I had to cancel it and needed to get it off my chest :(
chana
Very pretty map!
Nobody? Oh well...

@Demicrusaius

I like it, though I think a black border rather than a gray one would be easier on the eyes.

@StarSkipping

That looks and sounds very interesting. I think you should finish the game, if you have time.
@Demi:
I wouldn't necessarily choose a black border, but you definitely need to darken that grey. As it stands, it's way too close to the floor (and wall) tile. Otherwise, I really like that shot.
True, it is very close to floor color. I think grey does suit the nature of the area (slum) so I will make the wall thing a darker grey. Thanks for the input! :-D
Edit: Double post: Sorry, my computer had a hiccup. I'm uploading a video.
By the way, I approached the water problem from a new angle (literally) and found the solution, so that worked out well.

chana
Right, really nice! the rectangles of earth though, could a little less rectangular?
Thank you! I made those with regular tiles instead of autotiles, so now that I know how to make diagonal autotiles I may go back and change that. It saves a lot of time!

I've also been playing around with the menu transparency. Do you guys think this is too hard to read?