THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

Badass portrait for Herman. Where's it from?
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I seen that picturefacest before, I got alot of them, that are in the catergory. Won't say what, I suppose it'll overused if I SAID It.
@Lezales

The lighting effects look quite good! I also like your choice of music, though I think it is a bit too loud in that demo. I also suggest using ambient background noise in most parts to enhance the feeling of realism. The font is cool too!

@Marrend

Those edits look good. For more variety, I suggest creating some glasses-wearing students as well.

Far_Oz

Your custom text screen is quite nice! The area looks very complex and involved. It's hard to tell from the size, but it looks like some of the taller rock faces have an obviously looping texture. It's not a big deal though.

Here is my latest work on the cave tileset for my game. I'm just posting it here to show it with some of the revisions people have suggested (thanks guys!):

I think I've gotten the hang of the basics now, so next time I'll post something more exotic, I promise. ;)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Nice map! but the wall on the right should be longer once you're down the steps.
Thank you! That's just an optical illusion created by the raised platform area. I'll be defining the raised platforms a bit more clearly to avoid confusion like that in future.

Edit: Actually, looking at it again, you're right! My bad.
chana
How do you find that for an old primitive temple

Design-wise it looks good, though I think the different saturated colours clash a bit too much. You might want to consider desaturating the entire tileset just to even things out a bit.
Scourge
I used to make games. I still do, but I used to too.
I thought I'd share this screenshot from a German game I happened upon a while back. I love the lighting effects and custom tiles.

@ chana That looks pretty good, but I don't think you need vines on every single part of the wall. Try placing cracks or something to break them up.
chana
Thanks for the feedback : The colors ARE bright, I figured it would be a temple dedicated to Nature........; The cracks ARE an idea, then I would change the idea to a temple half fallen into ruins, which is not a bad idea. I am having a hard time with this temple which does not look like a temple!

Edit : let's say some initiation sanctuary (better!).

Edit : That "German screenshot" is really quite beautiful!
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Those are Inquisitors tiles, they're custom but free to use, just go to rpg palace if you're interested Scourge.

A work in progress. Background and RTP graphics will be replaced once I find somebody who can sprite some stuff out a bit better than me.
chana
Don't know how to desaturate, made a topic for that. (good advice, though that may not be enough to turn this into a temple!).
Not much of a game maker anymore, but I still enjoy making scripts

Very impressive! if it wasn't for the RTP sounds and effects, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Very cool.
chana
I don't know a thing about scripts, but this looks really good (and fun)!
That German screen is extremely over cluttered and just random placement only positive " hi five " is the lighting effects and like Tau said Inquisitors tiles mixed with some RTP which is poorly used..
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
TDS I want to have your babies

What do I have to do to get you to make some sort of battle menu and/or normal menu for my game? Seriously. Be aware that the battles have existing custom systems already that you'd have to work around.
Thanks for the comments everyone.

@LockeZ: I usually make battle systems and menu by request when a person already has all the graphical/sound resources (which is an enormous amount of work compared to the code) and I only need to put them together and make them work,. Also I only work in VX/RGSS2.
chana
@ LucidStillness : sorry to come back on that : taking your advice in account, any idea how to and with which software desaturate ?